Speculation: Laine on the move again? (Mod warning OP)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
They will get more then that pathetic offer.
Strome is a decent 2C or great 3C
Kreider played well under Torts and is ok on the 2nd line
3rd rounder is a 3rd rounder

Fine you drive a hard bargain, throw in a 4th as well.

Kreider-Strome-Atkinson

Think of the ratings!

Hockey Fanatik

Mar 28, 2021
Id love Laine on the Devils but I don't see what could be dealt that would work for both teams.
Devils have no available C.
Nico - signed for 8 years, just named captain. No way i can see the Devils offer him up.
Hughes - Has not reached potential yet. He is generating tons of offence. I cannot see the Devils moving him now. I view this as an overpayment.
Zacha - not a good enough piece as a main piece. Best C we have that we could offer.

2021 1st (Devils) , 2021 1st (islanders), Foote , Zacha ?
Laine wouldnt even get half of that

hes a one dimensional player with attitude/coaching issues

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
How many years does Laine have until UFA? Is the expectation that he'll get some sort of bridge this offseason?

Two years via CBA and arb rights. He in theory could force UFA route in two years and CBJ couldn’t stop him. Not saying he would but he could in theory.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Two years via CBA and arb rights. He in theory could force UFA route in two years and CBJ couldn’t stop him. Not saying he would but he could in theory.

So essentially the only "safe" bridge would be 1 year? If they sign him for 2 he could find a way to walk? That kind of sucks. Just trying to see what the alternative would be to trading him or locking him up long-term. I think if he's on a bridge and struggles next year he'll still have pretty high value I would think. If he struggles during year 1 of a 5+ year deal at $8M+ though, then yeah that changes a lot.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
You want Laine?

Take what you consider a fair offer and add a 1st +top prospect.

CBJ are in no rush to trade him, doesn't matter what the perception is, or whats fair trade value.. We are in no rush to move him. The only way Jarmo is going to trade him is if he gets an offer he cannot turn down. Anything else will get a "no thanks we'll keep what we have"

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I’d rather keep Laine. Kakko is trending closer to a bust than to a high ceiling player

Wrong, like usual when you post about Ranger players.

They'll keep Kakk instead of the sub .5 PPG dude with the 8M QO.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
So essentially the only "safe" bridge would be 1 year? If they sign him for 2 he could find a way to walk? That kind of sucks. Just trying to see what the alternative would be to trading him or locking him up long-term. I think if he's on a bridge and struggles next year he'll still have pretty high value I would think. If he struggles during year 1 of a 5+ year deal at $8M+ though, then yeah that changes a lot.

If the player files for arb then the team determine the term. If the team files for arb rights the player determines the term. IIRC

So in theory Laine could file for arb, CBJ cannot stop that and the team would then set 1 or 2 year term. Two years walks him to UFA. If they file for a one year term, Laine just files for arb rights again and off he goes to UFA again in two years from now.

So the risk for CBJ is, why would Laine sign long term in CBJ if he has any worries about the roster/future (true 1C to support him) unless CBJ overpays him to stay. Again I’m not saying this is how it will happen, I’m just explaining the CBA rules and Laine/CBJ options.....I have no idea how it will unfold. Maybe Laine signs an 8 year deal for 8 million this summer.....I have no idea. CBJ has begone rebuilding/restructuring which they needed to do and maybe Laine likes what he sees and stays long term.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I’m thinking his value has dropped a bit over the last couple months. Hard to say what would be a fair return for him at this point.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Don't forget the Seattle factor.

CBJ would probably defend:

forwards: Atkinson, Roslovic, Domi, Bjorkstrand, Nyquist/Robinson, Jenner and Laine
defensmen: Jones, Werenski, Gavrikov
goalies: Korpisalo

Seattle can`t take Texier, Bemstrom, Peeke, Merzlikins.

So if players, only one forward. And sorry but draft pics or not TOP prospects... .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad