Proposal: Lafreniere for 1st pick Habs 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
HFBoards.
Shiniest, newest toy always wins.

Guy who hasn't played a game yet is greater than guy who has unless He's got a cheezy moustache and hails from Arizona.

You completely missed the point.

Every year I hear how next years 1st overall is supposed to be way better than the previous ones.

He may or may not be better but I’d rather take my chances with the « newest toy » considering Lafreniere hasn’t really be lights out since he joined the league. There’s also the fact that for a rebuilding team, the extra 2 years of control Wright will have over Lafreniere is extremely valuable

Reactions: Voight and Omar23

Drive425

Jul 24, 2006
St Louis Du Haha
I think Laf will get better and he's being overly criticized based on the high expectations, but what makes you say it's, "safe to say he'll likely be a 70-90 point winger?" That would put him in the upper echelon of players in the league. He's still young and has lots of time to break out, but I feel like it's hardly a lock based on what he's shown so far.

This is very true and actually sounds like Drouin's name could've been in this statement a few years ago. I'd stay away from Laf given he'll be crowned the new French savior in Montreal and the microscope will be on his every movement. No one needs that kind of pressure and it'd all the more difficult in that environment.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
If the Habs gets the 1st ov. draft, do you offer or accept this proposal.

Alexis Lafrenière for Shane Wright

Whos adding?
No way would the Canadiens give up a potential franchise center for a struggling winger prospect who had a lower ceiling in the first place.
Maybe for 2nd overall pick if the Habs aren't sold on Savoie.
But once you get to the third overall pick, I no longer think the Rangers have any incentive to make the trade.

Reactions: Voight

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
The biggest selling point of Laf as number 1 pick IMO was how NHL ready (in part due to his age) he was and how he was a sure thing to put up 60-70 atleast right off the bat and then maybe improve from that level going forward.

So his career arc has been concerning to say the least considering that he never was hailed for his elite skating or elite skill level like the top tier #1 have.

So yeah. Easily this years #1 pick. Very easily.
That doesn't mean that Laf won't develop into a very good player but even then he would only be a winger and never worth the somewhat realistic chance of landing a bonafide #1 C in Wright (who has struggled more than I expected this year as well to be fair but still has a decent enough chance to turn into a quality #1 C).

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Hockey fans especially Rangers' fans keep saying Lafreniere is only 20 years old. Habs's fans used to say the same with KK.:laugh:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Mods - Would Troll Stomper pay us a visit if we filled our socks with bars of soap and beat the shit out of the OP?

Asking for a friend.

Reactions: SundherDome

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Fan never change or learn . Puljujarvi was a bust now we have had 2 threads in a month . One to offer sheet Puljujarvi and one can the Oilers afford to keep him . For a so called bust seems like a lot of teams would like to have him or at least their fan would .

What fans should of leant ! Laf is from from a bust , He was in the NHL as an 18 year old when most of the fans are still living with their mommy and daddy . Ask yourself were you the best version of yourself at 18-20 at work or did you have room to learn and grow ? I know when I was young I thought I knew everything . Now I am older I realize I know shit so fans need to stop talking in absolutes because they know very little and know nothing about the future .

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Laff's agent is probably the favorite to land the GM spot in Montreal but personally i rather keep our pick

Would be very surprised if Habs pick an agent with so little experience as their GM. I went to school with her, she is bright but way too young in my opinion

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Shane Wright has really disappointed me this season and so has Lafranier from a offensive stand point but as a fan of neither team I take the Hyped up ELC centre over a struggling Laf.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
well we have 65% odds of having the 4th-5th pick

You mean 3rd-4th pick. We're in second to last at the moment so we can't pick 5th. The lowest we can pick is 4th right now. So yes, we have a 75% chance to pick 3rd or 4th.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
You completely missed the point.

He may or may not be better but I’d rather take my chances with the « newest toy » considering Lafreniere hasn’t really be lights out since he joined the league. There’s also the fact that for a rebuilding team, the extra 2 years of control Wright will have over Lafreniere is extremely valuable
I wouldn’t do the trade if I were MTL either because of where they are. They should be rebuilding imo and trading for an older player is counterproductive.

Not only that but Wright plays the more important position at this point.

It’s just something I’ve noticed over the past few years. Since Dahlin it seems every time the 1st OA is drafted a large group of people always say the next years 1st OA will be better. More like McDavid and Matthews.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Multiple players from the 2020 draft are outperforming laff. If you watch any rangers game he looks nothing like a 1st overall pick. Would consider ponying up a mid to late 1st for him but nothing more at this point.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Multiple players from the 2020 draft are outperforming laff. If you watch any rangers game he looks nothing like a 1st overall pick. Would consider ponying up a mid to late 1st for him but nothing more at this point.
Laff is only 20 years old.:sarcasm:

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Hasn't MTL traded that pick to AZ already? I get that there are conditions on it, but I don't think you can trade the same pick twice?

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I don't care if Laffer is French Canadian.

The lack of C depth in the Habs org makes me take Wright 10 times out of 10.

Now if the Habs don't win the lottery and end up with the 2nd to 4th OA pick? Yeah I would trade that for Laffer.

We need a new scapegoat for when Drouin is gone next year.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Hasn't MTL traded that pick to AZ already? I get that there are conditions on it, but I don't think you can trade the same pick twice?
I think the concept here is that it’s after the season and Montreal has won the draft lottery. In that case Arizona would be getting Carolina’s 1st and Montreal COULD trade their pick. They wouldn’t, But they could

Reactions: BCNate

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Wright is 2 years younger, 2 years extra development years leash, and a Center. No way they should trade 1OA.

I gotta feel for any prospect drafted from '20-22 though. Covid really screwed up crucial developmental time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad