Proposal: Lafreniere for 1st pick Habs 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Lafreniere to Habs proposals will sadly continue to appear here on HF for at least the next 10 years... or at least till the next Quebec-born 1st overall pick.

I recall being on here throughout Lecavalier's career. Don't ever change Habs fans.

Reactions: Andreas Ferrari

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Lafreniere to Habs proposals will sadly continue to appear here on HF for at least the next 10 years... or at least till the next Quebec-born 1st overall pick.

I recall being on here throughout Lecavalier's career. Don't ever change Habs fans.

lafr is better than any prospects this year.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
lafr is better than any prospects this year.

I don't think so but even if that were true The Habs don't need another flashy winger. Depending on where they pick they are better to pick the centre or one of the big right dmen.

A Guhle - Nemec top pair could be a thing for many years to come.

Last edited:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

Wow . Really? Jeez you'd think we were on a hockey trade board or something. Who would have ever thought. :popcorn:

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc

You say that as if it is exclusive to Habs fans. Here is a tip, all teams want the hometown guys. This isn't new.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

generalize much?

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Gorton isn’t bad at Drafting. He’s done well in the mid/later parts of the 1st rd and beyond.
If you have a top 10 pick though be careful. It’s either him or the rangers that seem to be cursed
His first 3 firsts rounders are Lias,Chytil and Kravstov. He did alright with Miller and we don’t know yet about Nils but he hasn’t looked great so far. Kakko and Laf were in spots that anyone would’ve taken in that situation so I don’t count them. We should see how Braden is but Nucks fans think low of him but desperately want him for a 3rd round pick…..

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Which makes sense. If Habs get lucky enough to get the 1st OA we won't offer up Wright because we're in need of a C more than W.

that also makes sense
NY would have to offer enuf profit to make it worthwhile for Habs to move Wright and that may or may not be worth it for NY

but the pt is, no sense spinning wheels now when we have yet to see who drafts Wright

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I'm fully aware that it's not all Habs fans that want the Quebec players, but it's enough of them for it to be really annoying.

Do you get equally annoyed with all the Toronto born players heading home threads? or is this a just Habs hate thing?

Seems to me that if you will just be annoyed, stay out of these threads and let us discuss in peace.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
I'll pass on Laf. Not even for 5th overall. If this guys name was Smith,no one would even talk about it.

He's going to be a solid NHLer but he wont be an elite player ala Kane, Stamkos, etc, let alone a gen talent like Crosby or McDavid.

Any player in the top 5 this year has elite potential. And most likely be solid NHLers also.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
habs will sell off a few players soon, at least 1 will bring a late 1st. Now Laf for the late 1st ( 25-31) then maybe.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Problem is Habs wouldn't trade Wright for Laf but keep on hoping.
Now that people have seen Laf he hasn’t produced as hoped. 2020 despite the early hype iit was really more a depth draft vs a high end draft. Reverse of 2017 where you have a Makar, Heiskenen, Pettersson but not a lot of depth.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Now that people have seen Laf he hasn’t produced as hoped. 2020 despite the early hype iit was really more a depth draft vs a high end draft. Reverse of 2017 where you have a Makar, Heiskenen, Pettersson but not a lot of depth.
Look don't get me wrong. I would easily take Laf on my team . I just think we need Wright more so that makes him more valuable to us.
Laf is young and still can turn it around. We'll know more later on just as we'll find out what Wright will eventually become.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I think this would be fair if the trade was done right now. If it’s locked in at 1st overall I wouldn’t touch it from Habs pov - good chance it won’t be 1st overall though

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I think this has been discussed enough, if people want more chat on it take it to the Habs rebuild thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad