Proposal: Lafreniere for 1st pick Habs 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The reason I won't answer you is that you have been completely smug for someone that doesn't understand the team. Lafreniere isn't competing with Kreider for a power play spot. How anyone could suggest this and pretend to understand what they are assessing is beyond me. It is so fundamentally wrong to suggest this that I've given up trying to reason with your logic. You are looking at box scores and trying to act knowledgeable.
So why was Laf tried on the top line to start the season then, did the coach just want to mess with his head or...? I mean, wouldn't it be good if Laf was showing so well on the third line that Kreider could be traded for a King's ransom?

Also, what does my not understanding the Rangers team dynamic have to do with Laf's play and your inability to analyze it? He doesn't shoot and isn't producing, those are facts. I'm asking you for context for his bad stats and you seem to be unable to provide it. This puts doubt in my mind that you CAN explain it and makes me think you're just a fan with blinders on.

Last edited:
Reactions: capazzo

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
You are all about underlying metrics on so many things, but this is the topic you want to skip it. The underlying metrics suggest that Stuetzle and Lafreniere have been pretty even, if you account for the TOI and PP differences. And the underlying metrics also suggest that he's a victim of bad luck. Is the truth denial? Seems to me like not acknowledging it would be denial.

You are simply being way too reactionary. Lafreniere is less than 90 games into his career, and you think the whole draft has recalculated. You are setting yourself up to look really bad about this. You've put yourself into a corner as completely anti-Lafreniere, so much so that you now actively try to taunt people for pushing back against calling him a bust.
Stutzle is very easily better than Lafreniere.
Lafreniere. Not acknowledging that just shows how much of a homer you are.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Hoglander has spent a lot of time on our 3rd line and wasn't getting PP time under Green. Even so, a 20-20 guy who has a good motor is more than a bottom-6 player on most teams.
Except he is on pace for 30 points over 82 games. The most he ever had in a season is 27 points. 3rd liners are expected to put up Atleast 40 points but Nucks fans talking up this bust is hysterical.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Except he is on pace for 30 points over 82 games. The most he ever had in a season is 27 points. 3rd liners are expected to put up Atleast 40 points but Nucks fans talking up this bust is hysterical.
Those 27 points came in a 56 game season. Do you not prorated points where you come from?

Also, nobody on this year's team was scoring under Green. Boeser was looking like at 40 point player under that clown and then turned to PPG under Bruce. Have you accounted for that?

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Those 27 points came in a 56 game season. Do you not prorated points where you come from?

Also, nobody on this year's team was scoring under Green. Boeser was looking like at 40 point player under that clown and then turned to PPG under Bruce. Have you accounted for that?
So JT Miller is nobody? Even if you prorate Nils numbers I don’t see how he’s putting up 50+ points. That’s what JT Miller was doing on Rangers 3rd line with no Power play time. Nils has 2 points in 8 games and most of them under Bruce. Can he put up 40 points by the end of the season? Perhaps but I don’t see him being a star like Nucks fans say he is

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
So JT Miller is nobody? Even if you prorate Nils numbers I don’t see how he’s putting up 50+ points. That’s what JT Miller was doing on Rangers 3rd line with no Power play time. Nils has 2 points in 8 games and most of them under Bruce. Can he put up 40 points by the end of the season? Perhaps but I don’t see him being a star like Nucks fans say he is
Where did I say that he would be a star? I said he was a 20 - 20 player with good hustle and top-6 upside.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
So JT Miller is nobody? Even if you prorate Nils numbers I don’t see how he’s putting up 50+ points. That’s what JT Miller was doing on Rangers 3rd line with no Power play time. Nils has 2 points in 8 games and most of them under Bruce. Can he put up 40 points by the end of the season? Perhaps but I don’t

agreed. Nils is a nice little player, but I think he’s getting overrated a little bit here

agreed. Nils is a nice little player, but I think he’s getting overrated a little bit here. I’d love to have him on NYR in a middle 6 role, but the price nucks fans seem to want for him is too steep

Last edited:
Reactions: Overrateprospects

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
agreed. Nils is a nice little player, but I think he’s getting overrated a little bit here. I’d love to have him on NYR in a middle 6 role, but the price nucks fans seem to want for him is too steep
NYR fans are also assuming that Kakko and Lafreniere are better than their career 29 and 28 point per game paces would indicate. If Hoglander needs to score 40 to be a good 3rd liner, does that mean that your two, hyped to the moon and back, star prospects aren't even good 3rd liners?

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Where did I say that he would be a star? I said he was a 20 - 20 player with good hustle and top-6 upside.
20/20 is great for a 4th rounder but a top 40 pick that’s a disappointment. I have seen some of the trade talks Nucks fans have about Hoglander is off the table. If you can trade him to upgrade your roster I’m not sure why you wouldn’t do it. Makes no sense bringing in win now guys like Bruce and Jim

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
NYR fans are also assuming that Kakko and Lafreniere are better than their career 29 and 28 point per game paces would indicate. If Hoglander needs to score 40 to be a good 3rd liner, does that mean that your two, hyped to the moon and back, star prospects aren't even good 3rd liners?
Yes they are duds. Thanks for pointing out about Laf. I recall Canadians hyping him up when I thought Stutzle was better but I was shut down about that because no non Canadian could ever be better

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
20/20 is great for a 4th rounder but a top 40 pick that’s a disappointment. I have seen some of the trade talks Nucks fans have about Hoglander is off the table. If you can trade him to upgrade your roster I’m not sure why you wouldn’t do it. Makes no sense bringing in win now guys like Bruce and Jim
What are you smoking? There's a less than 50/50 chance that a second-rounder plays 200 NHL games in any role; hell some late firsts never score 27 points in a career let alone a season. To expect a surefire can't miss second-liner from a 2nd round pick is insane.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
What are you smoking? There's a less than 50/50 chance that a second-rounder plays 200 NHL games in any role; hell some late firsts never score 27 points in a career let alone a season. To expect a surefire can't miss second-liner from a 2nd round pick is insane.
Idk I have seen Canucks fans expect Adam Fox in exchange for Hog which seems crazier to me. If you are a top 60 pick the expectation should be an NHLer. If you are a top 40 pick you should be expected to be Atleast a 3/4 liner. Top 20 you expect top 6 forward. If that’s not the expectation why bother drafting and just trade the picks for established players.

Seems Hog is in the spot you would expect but Nucks fans claiming what a stud he is makes me expect a lot more than a 3/4 liner

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019

This is so laughable bad.

20/20 for a mid - late first round pick is not a disappointment.

You gotta stop pulling random terrible opinions out of your rear.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Idk I have seen Canucks fans expect Adam Fox in exchange for Hog which seems crazier to me.
Why are you debating me as if I said any of those things? Most fans of any given team may as well be lobotomized for all the insight they offer on anything.

If you are a top 60 pick the expectation should be an NHLer.
The stats disagree. Look at drafts between 2010 and 2016 and see just how many busts get drafted in the first two rounds.

If you are a top 40 pick you should be expected to be Atleast a 3/4 liner. Top 20 you expect top 6 forward. If that’s not the expectation why bother drafting and just trade the picks for established players.
You draft because you get a cost-controlled asset that has a shot at being a core piece of your team. If you don't draft, there are simply some assets you cannot obtain for any price.

Seems Hog is in the spot you would expect but Nucks fans claiming what a stud he is makes me expect a lot more than a 3/4 liner
Nice strawman. Why not argue what I'm saying instead of random other people.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Why are you debating me as if I said any of those things? Most fans of any given team may as well be lobotomized for all the insight they offer on anything.

The stats disagree. Look at drafts between 2010 and 2016 and see just how many busts get drafted in the first two rounds.

You draft because you get a cost-controlled asset that has a shot at being a core piece of your team. If you don't draft, there are simply some assets you cannot obtain for any price.

Nice strawman. Why not argue what I'm saying instead of random other people.

How many GMs are still with their teams from 2010-2016? I’m curious because I doubt many because they suck at drafting. For every Stevie Y you have 5 Jim Bennings or Jeff Gorton who are terrible at drafting and get fired for it.

Any decent team drafts well to build a cup contender but the way you talk about busts is something I agree with. If you have a top 40 pick and they don’t become a NHL regular you failed at your job.

We will see how things play out but I don’t disagree Laf vs Nils is easy debate. Laf is garbage and Canadians come off looking bad talking him up

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
This is so laughable bad.

20/20 for a mid - late first round pick is not a disappointment.

You gotta stop pulling random terrible opinions out of your rear.
You were claiming 12 pts in 31 isn’t 33 point pace. Are you Jim Benning because that’s something he would say 40 points for a mid to late round first is not a disappointment. Drafting 3rd line player in first round. I’ll take Pasta or Patches instead

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
How many GMs are still with their teams from 2010-2016? I’m curious because I doubt many because they suck at drafting. For every Stevie Y you have 5 Jim Bennings or Jeff Gorton who are terrible at drafting and get fired for it.

Any decent team drafts well to build a cup contender but the way you talk about busts is something I agree with. If you have a top 40 pick and they don’t become a NHL regular you failed at your job.

We will see how things play out but I don’t disagree Laf vs Nils is easy debate. Laf is garbage and Canadians come off looking bad talking him up

You might want to learn more about what you're talking about before continuing to make a fool of yourself.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Rangers add slightly but definitely would be an interesting, although unrealistic trade.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

Gorton isn’t bad at Drafting. He’s done well in the mid/later parts of the 1st rd and beyond.
If you have a top 10 pick though be careful. It’s either him or the rangers that seem to be cursed

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
Idk I have seen Canucks fans expect Adam Fox in exchange for Hog which seems crazier to me. If you are a top 60 pick the expectation should be an NHLer. If you are a top 40 pick you should be expected to be Atleast a 3/4 liner. Top 20 you expect top 6 forward. If that’s not the expectation why bother drafting and just trade the picks for established players.

Thats 3 teams of players every year. So after 1o drafts there are no more spots available, not even taking into account 150+ other players drafted every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad