Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] G Kevin Lankinen signs with the Canucks (1 year, $875k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
The view from Allvins office

wolf-of-wall-street.gif

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
he caved in. good on chef allvin. what if lankinen becomes good as the 2b backup ease demko in slowly. send down silovs for more seasoning in abbotsford better to get games there than in van IMO. callup in case injuries occur

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I'm wondering about Demko right now, does he start the year on IR? With the way things are shaping up it looks like Juulsen will be 7th d-man and he really impressed me to end the year, Friedman would be the odd man out if they run 3 goalies. This is completely my opinion but this is how I'd shape the lineup out.

Heinen-Miller-Boeser
DeBrusk-Pettersson-Sprong
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Hogland-Suter-Sherwood
Sammy Blias

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Forbort-Desharnais
Juulsen/Friedman

Silvos
Lankinen
Lankonen will start ahead of Silovs. And when Demko is healthy, Silovs will be sent to the AHL.

how much cap space left with this signing including poolmans ltir 2.5? less than 950k?
Likely a guy is sent down, like that Digessipe guy, so this contract won’t affect the cap.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Lankonen will start ahead of Silovs. And when Demko is healthy, Silovs will be sent to the AHL.

Likely a guy is sent down, like that Digessipe guy, so this contract won’t affect the cap.
pdg is tocchets favourite guy. he isnt getting sent down depending on how well he does in camp. likely aman/friedman or juuelsson

Reactions: Fatass

Metalwood

Sep 30, 2021
I like this. Takes the pressure off Silvos to play a ton right out of the gate and Demko to rush back. Smart pickup

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
pdg is tocchets favourite guy. he isnt getting sent down depending on how well he does in camp. likely aman/friedman or juuelsson
Sure. The point is this signing isn’t going to impact Vancouver’s cap because it’s under the value of league minimum.

Reactions: David71

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I think Canucks fans need to settle down with their speculation. Even if Demko was healthy, grabbing a veteran backup made sense to make the most use of Silov's waiver ineligibility.

The fact that they felt comfortable leaving it until training camp to grind a veteran backup to league minimum says a lot IMO. They had to go 3 deep last year, might as well give themselves the horses in case they have to do it again. Sucks for Silovs to likely be in the AHL again when Demko is healthy, but they have that flexibility so might as well use it.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Sure. The point is this signing isn’t going to impact Vancouver’s cap because it’s under the value of league minimum.
what if theres some players especially On D that allvin might like via waivers ? he could pick them up.

-684,167 cap space as of now.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
what if theres some players especially On D that allvin might like via waivers ? he could pick them up.

-684,167 cap space as of now.
Then Sllvin puts a guy on waivers and, if not claimed, sends them down. Seriously, your argument makes no sense.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I think there was no market for him considering that it was reported that he rejected Canucks offers prior. Looks like Allvin just waited him out and he caved
I don't like saying he "caved". Lankinen probably deserved what he was asking, but sometimes free agency is a game of musical chairs and come training camp some players don't get a seat. Vancouver is simply limited by cap space but were the only ones offering Lankinen a job, so at this point he just has to take it and hope for a better market next summer.

David Bruce Banner

Acid Raven Bed Burn
Mar 25, 2008
Waaaaay over there
He and Silovs will give Demko all the time he needs to rehab... after which, most likely Silovs will go down to the AHL to play a lot and either step up again to full-time backup next season, or at the TDL if Lankinen gets moved.
Demko's health will have the final say, of course.

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Hopefully Fracture Demko takes his time and comes back 100% so Vancouver can be a really good team again. Enjoy watching them during the late games on Saturday nights.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I'm wondering about Demko right now, does he start the year on IR? With the way things are shaping up it looks like Juulsen will be 7th d-man and he really impressed me to end the year, Friedman would be the odd man out if they run 3 goalies. This is completely my opinion but this is how I'd shape the lineup out.

Heinen-Miller-Boeser
DeBrusk-Pettersson-Sprong
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Hogland-Suter-Sherwood
Sammy Blias

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Forbort-Desharnais
Juulsen/Friedman

Silvos
Lankinen
I shape it a bit differently