Post-Game Talk: Ladies and Gents- The Core of the Maple Leafs does it again. Leafs lose

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
1st goal was Woll rust...

2nd and 3rd was terible coverage by matthews

4th Nylander making figure skating at blue line and losing the puck...

That resuming pretty well the game...

Its easily the worst game leafs played this season...

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This might be a typical Marner choke job when the stakes are high. He’s due for a new contract and instead of setting the world on fire he looks slow and predictable.

Marner is also a notoriously slow starter and looks terrible in October before screwing on his head in November. For me, the idea of a hot Nylander style start people predicted was never going to be possible.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Marner is also a notoriously slow starter and looks terrible in October before screwing on his head in November. For me, the idea of a hot Nylander style start people predicted was never going to be possible.

To me, it's asinine to think that they would even consider signing him before the conclusion of the playoffs.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
This team needs to get going or they'll be looking up at the division wondering how to get back into it.

The fly-by's by the first line are concerning.
The entire Atlantic division has been pretty mediocre to this point. Just look at tonight's results. This is what early season hockey is.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Matthews is very weak on the defensive side of the game. He is one dimensional. MacDavid is a force on offense and works hard on his defense. Mathews puts no effort on defense. even on the bench when Berube was chewing him out he didn't even look at Berube like he had that I don't give S*** attitude.
Mcdavid has been terrible defensively this year. Flew the zone in OT last night and they lost because of it.

Reactions: arso40

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Well we should know damn well for certain now that it's not the coaching. Let's just get that straight here. No amount of bad coaching makes a PP go 1/23 in the playoffs, something else has to give.

How can you have a PP this bad in the playoffs over multiple seasons?

Screenshot (1500).png

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Reaves and Kampf can not be on this roster. f***ing trash upon trash.

Woll was trash but expected after being out

Timmins is trash

The core was worse then trash

Reilly was and is trash

Tanev was trash but has been good

Reactions: arso40

myleafs

May 25, 2021
We had bad starts like this with keefe too. October always sucked

But I was told Berube was different and believed it....Core looks gutless and worse as does the rest of the team
And yet they still got plenty of ice time...thats the part I dont like. We all want accountability and most were sure we would see it with Berube but there was none tonight...same old same old...disappointing to see.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Glad to see we're all riding the rollercoaster this early. I predicted that we'd fall apart last year, would be kind of surprised if this year was the 18-wheeler, but I've long since thought that this core knows they don't work and that the writing is on the wall.

We'll probably torch November, but it's good that they're proving early that these are the same old Leafs. The hope will creep in at some point, it always does, but the Leafs are always going to Leaf.

Moonman

Maybe Next Time
Jul 3, 2015
Good job guys, nice effort for your coach's first game against his old team. Just like the Zamboni driver game, Tavares' first visit back to Long Island and all the game 7 chokes.

Another game to add to the long list of Leafy performances.
It's almost like they are a pressure-averse group. (the core not the periphery)

Reactions: ClarkSittler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad