Fiala-Byfield-Vilardi
Grundstrum-Lizzotte-Kupari

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
Bjnortfot-Roy
Spence
Kapisoro
Copley

Is this even possible with cap being what it is at? Durzi and Walker getting moved gives them some more cap space.

FeartheFur

Jul 15, 2018
Well Moore and Iafallo are similar type players. I would hate to see one of them leave but moving one of them would create another 4 million. And also open up a roster spot for one of the kids marinating in Ontario a chance.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I’d check in with Buffalo about Durzi and Walker. Maybe Durzi, hell maybe both and a prospect lands you Buffalo’s first. Crazier things have happened.

Inquire with the Jets about Lowry. Kings need someone who’s a culture changer. Whether that is him or not remains to be seen but not too many old school guys like him. Foligno? Bertuzzi? They’ve been too soft for too long. Adding a Reaves or Deslauriers to that if MacEwen isn’t signed would help.

The Kings also desperately need a pest. Lizotte is not it, and we can’t have Fiala getting pissy all the time.

RV might have to be dealt, that’s a real bummer. Fun player to watch.

Explore trading Iafallo, Kaliyev, Lizotte. Let Grundstrom walk or trade him, not sure of contract status.

Let Korpisalo walk.

Sign Gavrikov. If he won’t resign you gotta get someone tough, Dillon, Oleksiak, Seeler.

Swapping out one of the middle 6ers for a tough to play against player like Cousins wouldn’t be the worst thing either.

Just a nightmare off-season where it seems like there is so much to do and not enough cap space or draft/prospect capital to get it done.

Reactions: lumbergh

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
"Now we've got to try and win"?!?

God help us all.
I am sure it's just a message fragment from Blake.

Crimson-Tide-009.jpg

LA has come a long way in the past couple of seasons. But, need to find replacements for their big trio of Quick, Kopitar and Doughty. Bet on Paterson but he dropped the ball and is now an anchor contract that you need to attach assets to in order to move the remaining $5 mill per in cap charges over the next 2 seasons.
Yes, the Kings' front office has walked many miles toward the mirage of a third Stanley Cup for Kopitar and Doughty. Now Kings fans get to drink the sand.

Reactions: Piston and Maynard

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Arvidsson-Kopi-Kempe
Moore-Danault-Iafallo
Fiala-Byfield-Vilardi

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
Bjnortfot-Roy
Spence
Kapisoro
Copley

Is this even possible with cap being what it is at? Durzi and Walker getting moved gives them some more cap space.

Even with Durzi and Walker moved, unless Petersen is moved, not buried, one of Moore/Iafallo/Arvidsson becomes cap casualty. Or Vilardi/Korpisalo somehow signs for $1mill cap hit.

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
It's almost like everyone on here doesn't know how hockey works, how playoffs work, how drafts work, etc.

Everyone is like, Player XXXXX needs to be done, Coach XXXXXX needs to be gone.......if Blake does this......he should be gone....(here's a hint, it;s APRIL 30TH, TAKE....A.....BREATHE.....)

Tell me one team out there right now, that has no issues......please....best regular season team in the league is 30 minutes from getting bounced....

LA is in a good spot.....are there holes, absolutely, there's not one team in the league that doesn't have holes....LA isn't the dumpster fire that most of you drama queens are making it out to be,

Some poster was talking about changing over 25% of the roster.....that's a huge amount.....all because....we lost to a good team.....shit happens, thats like Boston, losing to FL, then trading McAvoy, DeBrusk, Coyle, and Carlo....

Boston....is in WORSE cap hell than LA.....they have 10M in cap space and only have 8 forwards and 6 D under contract......good luck there....

Everyone just needs to take a step for a bit....
As the only person who hasn’t blocked you. Blow it out your turd cutter. Lol

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
This could be a really exciting and great off-season for the future of the current Kings franchise. Unfortunately, we have Blake at the helm -- i expected to be very, VERY dissappointed.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I’d check in with Buffalo about Durzi and Walker. Maybe Durzi, hell maybe both and a prospect lands you Buffalo’s first. Crazier things have happened.

Inquire with the Jets about Lowry. Kings need someone who’s a culture changer. Whether that is him or not remains to be seen but not too many old school guys like him. Foligno? Bertuzzi? They’ve been too soft for too long. Adding a Reaves or Deslauriers to that if MacEwen isn’t signed would help.

The Kings also desperately need a pest. Lizotte is not it, and we can’t have Fiala getting pissy all the time.

RV might have to be dealt, that’s a real bummer. Fun player to watch.

Explore trading Iafallo, Kaliyev, Lizotte. Let Grundstrom walk or trade him, not sure of contract status.

Let Korpisalo walk.

Sign Gavrikov. If he won’t resign you gotta get someone tough, Dillon, Oleksiak, Seeler.

Swapping out one of the middle 6ers for a tough to play against player like Cousins wouldn’t be the worst thing either.

Just a nightmare off-season where it seems like there is so much to do and not enough cap space or draft/prospect capital to get it done.
theres no way they can afford a 32 year old goon like Deslauriers, he makes almost 2 mil a year , for another 3 years. For what he brings, his contract will only going to get worse. Who gives a goon a no move contract?

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Everyone just needs to take a step for a bit....
Some of it is how you process defeat - imagining a different roster/coach/system Personally, im not arguing for anything other than i argued during regular season. What do you think are the key decision points? I worked out the cap math with the help of john22..They cant get all of Vilardi, Gav and Goalie without some trade(s). What do you think are the priorities?

FeartheFur

Jul 15, 2018
The albatross in in the room is Peterson’s contract.

They have to move two players out with salary. Which two?

Lombardi traded for Lucia and Sekera. How did that work out. The Bishop trade also.

ZJames

Jan 4, 2011
Dont worry about it
Arvidsson-Kopi-Kempe
Moore-Danault-Iafallo
Fiala-Byfield-Vilardi

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
Bjnortfot-Roy
Spence
Kapisoro
Copley

Almost exactly what I would like to see, but I would make one change. As much as I like Iafallo, I would ship him out (going to need that cap space to resign our 3 big free agents) and do something like this:

Kaliyev-Kopi-Kempe
Moore-Danault-Arvy
Fiala-Byfield-Vilardi
Grunstrom-Lizotte-Kupari

I'm not ready to give up on Kaliyev yet. I think he just needs the right opportunities.

Reactions: ibleedkings

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Some of it is how you process defeat - imagining a different roster/coach/system Personally, im not arguing for anything other than i argued during regular season. What do you think are the key decision points? I worked out the cap math with the help of john22..They cant get all of Vilardi, Gav and Goalie without some trade(s). What do you think are the priorities?

I guess.....key decision points is where do you focus what you have/can, Vilardi I think you pray you can talk into an Andersson type deal, 1 years...help us out, pay you off etc, barring that, 3-4 year deal.....I don't know if you can do a 7 or 8 year on him (theoretically you can) just not sure it's the smart move....

After that, you have to see what Gavrikov is thinking vs what else is out there, Gavrikov is part of a solid top 4...no question, but you can say the same about say, Soucy who you maybe able to get cheaper, etc, but Gavrikov and Soucy have the power here, we can only offer them what we can, they have the power to say no, so if you plan on worst case, you list your targets, Gavrikov, Soucy, down the line etc,

I don't think you see a trade until that question is answered, if both Gavrikov and Soucy decline, then who is left, and they better than a Walker on the LD side etc?

I don't think you see any MAJOR moves on the forward side, a cap clearing move if it's there of Iafallo, maybe Arvidsson, but I don't think they force it...

In goal, I think you pray Korpisalo takes a 1 year deal....because he is not someone you want signed long term, but he's also someone you can't necessarily afford to let go....

Maybe look at the trade market for a G, if rumours are true and Hellybuck wants out, you open up the cupboard and say how much....gonna be a 1st involved there, which 3 1sts in a row, is a really really tough sell, but if it's a 1st, an A prospect (not Clarke/Byfield/Spence) and Durzi/Roy/Walker for Hellybuck and Lowry (if he's not a UFA etc) then I think you really have to think hard on that....

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
To re-sign Gavrikov and Korpisalo, at least one of these guys will have to get moved:
Roy
Arvidsson
Iafallo
Petersen

(In addition to Durzi and Walker)

Tough call, but I think it would be Arvidsson.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
To re-sign Gavrikov and Korpisalo, at least one of these guys will have to get moved:
Roy
Arvidsson
Iafallo
Petersen

(In addition to Durzi and Walker)

Tough call, but I think it would be Arvidsson.
is there even a market for iafallo or walker? roy maybe, but he's one i'd like to keep

arvidsson might be the necessary casualty when all's said and done, though i unfortunately also wouldn't put it beyond blake to all-in gavrikov and we lose vilardi and korpisalo. part of me feels like vilardi isn't gonna be kevin labanc-able

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
is there even a market for iafallo or walker? roy maybe, but he's one i'd like to keep

arvidsson might be the necessary casualty when all's said and done, though i unfortunately also wouldn't put it beyond blake to all-in gavrikov and we lose vilardi and korpisalo. part of me feels like vilardi isn't gonna be kevin labanc-able
Walker? No.
Iafallo? Maybe. I think his play in the playoffs upped his value.
Roy? Absolutely. He's extremely valuable.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Blake should look at a player like Kassian from Arizona - he makes 3 million, but Kings can dump a contract back on Arizona and an extra player or pick.

We need to clear out bottom 6 scrubs and RHD. So he might as well deal a contract like a Walker and either another bottom 6 player (Grundstrom, JAD) and/or pick and pick up a position of need.

Same with Joel Edmundson.

I would NOT move Roy.

I would move the following:
Arvidsson - Fagemo or Iaffalo can take that spot.
JAD
Grundstrom
Walker
Bjornfot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad