Grundstrom - Kupari - Ritchie
*Lizotte, Turcotte

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Clarke
Cole - Roy
*Spence, Bjornfot

Jarry
Copley

Edit: I'd also be fine with signing Ryan Reaves for that Ritchie position.
Thats actually the kind of major surgery that is needed and Id be in to... tho I may be tempted to trade Roy vs Arvy due to Roy needing a new contract following season and letting Spence fill in there for cheap.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Feb 3, 2007
If the goal is to beat Edmonton (and why not), we need: an elite goaltender, another centre like Danault, and a couple more defencemen like Gavrikov.

Reactions: kinghock

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Walker is a better dman than Durzi but both should be shopped for any return.
It puzzles me how much responsibility they gave Durzi and it seems they think he's fine even on the 2nd pair. What's most puzzling is Durzi who is in his prime age-wise is one of the slowest players on the team and probably the league.. And for Blake who values speed over size, it doesnt make a lot of sense.

Reactions: Schmooley

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

This lineup would be tougher than you think.
Each line has someone playing with edge, not losing finesse.

Kempe plays with edge and Byfield was actually then only one getting in McDavids face and smacking him down to the ice.
Villardi knows how to use his huge frame and Grundstrom is way tougher then people give him credit for.

Beside that, we were outskilled, not manhandled against the Oilers.
The target of the game is still to score more goals than the opponent

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
If Durzi and Walker are both Kings at the beginning of the season, Blake is a f***ing idiot.
can't see them jettisoning durzi or walker in the offseason with another year under contract

like it or not (i don't), durzi produces points and that matters to someone like blake. his defensive shortcomings can probably be hidden during the regular season on a limited minute 3rd pairing role, but.... todd.

now, if they get contract extensions....... :ha:

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
If the goal is to beat Edmonton (and why not), we need: an elite goaltender, another centre like Danault, and a couple more defencemen like Gavrikov.

If your #1 center has -3 and your #1 defender -5 after 6 games , it doesn't matter who else you have.
Especially when they present us a wonderful PK 43%, you have to hold someone responsible.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

If Blake really said that, i jump on the fire Blake bandwagon.

The first 2 sentences are what i would have expected:
The youngsters have to start playing more and producing, the playoff are no longer the goal.

But then it hit me that Blake is using another context here.
Getting into playoff is not enough anymore, we need to win now.
This is delusion on an epic level.

Give the youngsters 2 more years to develop and have the oldies retire, than we can talk about winning

ZJames

Jan 4, 2011
Dont worry about it
It's such a weird feeling for me right now. The team had a very good regular season in spite of their 1st half goaltending woes, Gabe Vilardi had a breakout season, we acquired the most skilled winger we've had since Ziggy Palffy, but yet I still can't help but feel that the franchise is not in a good place. Blown 2nd OA and 5th OA picks, bad coaching, relying on aging veterans to continue to be productive, and a lack of leadership make it very hard for me to believe that this team (in it's current form) will have any shot at the cup.

Blake and Luc will not do another rebuild, they will continue to ride out the next couple of years, and try to continue to cover up our deficiencies with band-aides, until eventually the dam bursts and the flood waters of a new rebuild will wash away this failed rebuild/retool.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
If Blake don't get rid of Durzi and Todd is still employed by the Kings, Durzi is going nowhere unfortunately.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
It's almost like everyone on here doesn't know how hockey works, how playoffs work, how drafts work, etc.

Everyone is like, Player XXXXX needs to be done, Coach XXXXXX needs to be gone.......if Blake does this......he should be gone....(here's a hint, it;s APRIL 30TH, TAKE....A.....BREATHE.....)

Tell me one team out there right now, that has no issues......please....best regular season team in the league is 30 minutes from getting bounced....

LA is in a good spot.....are there holes, absolutely, there's not one team in the league that doesn't have holes....LA isn't the dumpster fire that most of you drama queens are making it out to be,

Some poster was talking about changing over 25% of the roster.....that's a huge amount.....all because....we lost to a good team.....shit happens, thats like Boston, losing to FL, then trading McAvoy, DeBrusk, Coyle, and Carlo....

Boston....is in WORSE cap hell than LA.....they have 10M in cap space and only have 8 forwards and 6 D under contract......good luck there....

Everyone just needs to take a step for a bit....

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
The biggest story this offseason may be off the ice. During last night’s post game, Faust referenced the uncertainty when it comes to who is broadcasting the games locally next season. The owner of the Kings RSN is threatening to take the Phoenix Suns to court for breach of contract over the team’s decision to air local games on the equivalent to KCOP in SoCal.

You could see AEG have to step up and pay for broadcast costs out of pocket plus a streaming app. Unfortunately, they don’t have a company like Gray TV in this market to split production costs with. Frankly, the local Spanish language channels are better positioned to broadcast live sports than other OTA channels.

Uncle Phil is a real estate tycoon first and foremost. His forays into entertainment products back that investment. I don’t see him getting into the media game for real. Beckerman’s experience running a concert hall doesn’t count if you’re trying to get consumers to pay to watch a Kings game. Luc has no answers here either.

The flop of the BSN D2C app is further reason the Kings will look to massively cut costs on the media front if they lose BSW coverage. I think this causes good and bad things for long time fans.

Good, Faust is too expensive and bounces to a national broadcaster. Nick and Daryl take over broadcast play by play, with Foxy between the benches in the Pierre McGuire spot.

Bad, Kings games going into OT are pre-emptied by Seinfeld re-runs because they draw better ratings. The iHeart stream drops to Spanish language only.

• Wow
Reactions: LAKings88

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Wow 10,000 likes guys; this might be my greatest life achievement. Thank you for the reward HFboards.

ezgif-4-e73bbae90f.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad