Speculation: LA Kings Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Changing the subject here a bit. Next year Kings have Byfield penciled in on the top line wing.

That leaves Kopitar, Danault, PLD and Lizotte as the centers. Listed below is how much term they have.

Kopitar - 3 more seasons.
Danault - 4 more seasons.
PLD - 8 seasons.
Lizotte -1 season (RFA).

Next season (2024-25) Turcotte will be waiver eligible. Also, on most interviews with Kings brass and bloggers they project that one point in the next 1-2 seasons Helenius will be the 4c.

So essentially, if you consider Byfield moving back to center at some point - 3 players vying for the one center spot next season - Byfield, Turcotte, and Helenius. Are Byfield and Turcotte 4th line centers? No, especially not Byfield.

Do the Kings consider moving Danault?

Or do the Kings consider letting Kopitar retire and keeping Turcotte and Byfield on the wing until then? That's basically two seasons after this upcoming.

I haver to imagine a team like Boston would love a Danault right about now - Cap situation not withstanding.
Blake always hold off on decisions until the last moment.
So nobody knows yet not even Blake.
Danault is looking more and more like a great deal with escalating salaries.
His line is the one constant one from the last two seasons and shut down is important.
Be interesting to see who takes Arvy's place next season/
Maybe Turcotte.
I doubt Blake trades Danault ; if Blake is still here, until he is pending UFA.
You don’t get out a lot,do you?
🎯
On a side, note please thoroughly review your comments and claims before saying you have a ).500 batting average.
Just as a general announcement , I don't pick on the handicapped.

The Seven Stages Of Dementia

Reactions: Johnny Utah

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Wasn’t Sol a big Stutzle guy going into the 2020 draft? Or do I have him mistaken for someone else?

Dunno, but a search for Sol and Stutzle shows Sol to be on the fence.....50/50 with a preference for Stutzle...not sure if I would say that's a big Stutzle guy

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
LOl, nice research.

I like the truth as it’s written.
Now I was 50/50 on Stutzle? RJ would have a lot more hair today if I was impartial lol.

Again I appreciate the fanfics involving me but I think you need to get your dating profile set and find yourself a partner.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
No dude, I am talking about the cult of McDavid that wants to anoint him among the legends of the sport already. They don't care about winning, they value highlights and skill over the sacrifices and perseverance needed to win - the things you are dead wrong about crediting him with in your post.

McDavid is a front runner whose "passion" is only visible when he thinks he has been slighted, as though his ability somehow puts him at a different level from players that have to deal with tight checking, holding, grabbing, every night too.

You don't win with players like that, and it pleases me greatly to see his fans watch him get bounced early on a yearly basis. It pisses me off that our team, that is more than capable of bouncing him even earlier, has a general manager that won't add the kinds of players or hire a coach that can beat what is really an easy opponent.
You’ve articulated that far better than I did. Couldn’t agree more. :thumbu:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Now I was 50/50 on Stutzle? RJ would have a lot more hair today if I was impartial lol.

Again I appreciate the fanfics involving me but I think you need to get your dating profile set and find yourself a partner.

Why yes, yes you were

Sol

Todd's right hand man​

Jun 30, 201720,50815,847
Welcome to the party haha...that's why for a lot of us from like January till even now it's possible to flip flop day after day. Really really tight race, equally elite prospects, yet so different.
I think that's where I'm pretty confused about. Everyone has a different opinion about what the team needs and at the same time people think a certain factor is the solution while another finds it in Stutzle. It's just a shot in the dark because they're different players.

Byfield fits the Kings old archetype and Stutzle fits the new Kings vision.

So I feel like for Kings fan especially it comes down to which route they'd want to go.

Again I'd be happy with either. But f*** man, lol. Most I've been invested in a draft in a long time. These guys are incomparable which makes comparing them feel useless. It's just preference at this point.

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
OMG actual hockey! Noticed almost all the guys except Danault, Roy, and Byfield.

And special guest appearances by Top Titty and Iafallo.

IMG_3311.jpeg

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

I remember it as you leaning Stutzle more but not being super passionate, like, you weren't upset with picking Byfield.

There weren't a lot of Stutzle or bust posters and there definitely weren't many--if any at all--that had Byfield as a wing. Hell, part of the tiebreaker between the two guys was that Stutzle projected as a wing so the position value tipped towards Byfield.

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You’ve articulated that far better than I did. Couldn’t agree more. :thumbu:

You would think after watching years of two way dominance people would get it but no

Guys like (prime obviously) Kopitar and Toews > McDavid because even though they were 'only' putting up 70, they were winning that matchup. They turn your 100 point scoring horse into a 50 point guy on the wrong side of the possession battle and put your other guys in positions to succeed. Think of a guy like Doughty taking the #1PK minutes for example, do you think Matt Greene is nearly as successful if he's the #1 PK guy and playing 2nd pairing competition and minutes? These are the kind of guys who win because they also set up their teammates to win easier matchups and eat easier minutes by 'winning' their matchups in far less sexy, flashy manners.

Meanwhile you have the McDavids and Karlssons who get every alibi under the sun because they score a lot of points with 70% ozone deployment and no PK time and then you wonder why their team's versions of Matt Greene et. al. get buried when they start every shift in the ozone vs. the toughest competition. THey set up themselves to succeed and their teams to fail. Score a lot of points though.

It's the Yzerman story all over again, people are just too blinded by flash to notice.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com

Comments indicate this is where selective memory, projection and megalomania collide in one man's overstuffed closet.
Sorry but GBH has the receipts.
Wow Cacoon is bald?

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
that toff in the flames red? well i guess its devils red now

guy next to him looks like a canes kit? struggling to figure out who that is

bland

Jul 1, 2004
You would think after watching years of two way dominance people would get it but no

Guys like (prime obviously) Kopitar and Toews > McDavid because even though they were 'only' putting up 70, they were winning that matchup. They turn your 100 point scoring horse into a 50 point guy on the wrong side of the possession battle and put your other guys in positions to succeed. Think of a guy like Doughty taking the #1PK minutes for example, do you think Matt Greene is nearly as successful if he's the #1 PK guy and playing 2nd pairing competition and minutes? These are the kind of guys who win because they also set up their teammates to win easier matchups and eat easier minutes by 'winning' their matchups in far less sexy, flashy manners.

Meanwhile you have the McDavids and Karlssons who get every alibi under the sun because they score a lot of points with 70% ozone deployment and no PK time and then you wonder why their team's versions of Matt Greene et. al. get buried when they start every shift in the ozone vs. the toughest competition. THey set up themselves to succeed and their teams to fail. Score a lot of points though.

It's the Yzerman story all over again, people are just too blinded by flash to notice.

Its also the huge percentage of the cap dedicated to one player, and the lack of power management has over reigning in their superstar player who has excuse after excuse made for him by the team, the media and the fans. The goal of this game should be winning the Cup, not having your skills acknowledged.

Nothing in Edmonton will change until McDavid decides to cool the offensive jets and adapt to a team game. I don't care if he breaks the single season scoring record, the fact is that you just don't need that much offense out of anyone. You need players working toward a common goal, and that goal in Edmonton right now is worshiping at his alter instead of chasing a Cup. Too many players are chasing the numbers with him and deferring to that style of play. Its embarrassing watching the Kings looking at a team ready to cower the second they get punched in the mouth, but having a coach that instead decides to let them have their fun for the first 15 minutes before tightening the screws.

Reactions: Statto

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I remember it as you leaning Stutzle more but not being super passionate, like, you weren't upset with picking Byfield.

There weren't a lot of Stutzle or bust posters and there definitely weren't many--if any at all--that had Byfield as a wing. Hell, part of the tiebreaker between the two guys was that Stutzle projected as a wing so the position value tipped towards Byfield.
I was on the fence, but was happy when QB was the pick

Reactions: lumbergh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad