Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Because the bottom 4 pairing have a combined 72 pro games played, can't score, and have ZERO SIZE!

They can defend and the comment of zero size show that you didn't even look at therm.

Clarke 6'2, Can score
Bjornfoot 6'0, Stay at home
Grans 6'3, Can score
Moverare 6'3, stay at home

This is a sqad to torment other teams since all of them can skate as well and the lines are balanced with one offense, one stay at home.
No idea what you are talkign about and it doesn't matter how many pro games they have combined.
You act like there is a downside to what we are actually icing as defense squad.
I am also extremely surprised that your priority is scoring when looking at defenders, i guess 9-8 losses are not enough for you

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
They can defend and the comment of zero size show that you didn't even look at therm.

Clarke 6'2, Can score
Grans 6'3, Can score

This is a sqad to torment other teams since all of them can skate as well and the lines are balanced with one offense, one stay at home.
No idea what you are talkign about and it doesn't matter how many pro games they have combined.
You act like there is a downside to what we are actually icing as defense squad

Because, experience matters when it comes to defense. Those bottom 4 would get destroyed, a total blood bath on the ice! Clarke is 6-2 maybe 175 after a big meal. Look at Durzi, his inexperience shows up every game and he's almost has 82 games under him. Bjornfoot wasn't very good last year either. You can't just throw a bunch of young guys out there just because they play on the left side. Who covers their mistake, huh?

• Love
Reactions: Surf Nutz

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Missing the 2010 LA Kings right now. Young up and coming team with great leadership and tenacity throughout. Exciting and solid defensively .. basically what I thought the 2022 Kings would be like.

Young Kopi, Drew, Brownie and Quick. Tough vets such as O'Donnell, Greene, Smyth and Scuderi; not to mention having the greatest Russian LA King of all-time on that roster in Alexander Frolov.

vancouver-canucks-v-los-angeles-kings-game-four.jpg

Reactions: Trash Panda

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Because, experience matters when it comes to defense. Those bottom 4 would get destroyed, a total blood bath on the ice! Clarke is 6-2 maybe 175 after a big meal. Look at Durzi, his inexperience shows up every game and he's almost has 82 games under him. Bjornfoot wasn't very good last year either. You can't just throw a bunch of young guys out there just because they play on the left side. Who covers their mistake, huh?

They will learn like everyone else.
We have to wait 2 more years anyways before making some noise

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Really? To me he looked like he smoked 2 joints, went surfing, smoked two joints, then came to the presser.

Then he smoked two more.
Oh he may very well have been lit up...

Not sure if Helene asked the "Are the defensemen too offensive minded" question but he seemed clearly annoyed to me.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Fagemo was paid $4,032.26 (minus taxes or other withholdings) for the day before being sent back down and wondering when he'll get his chance to make $4k+ every day while watching the rest of the players make substantially more money than he.

Not saying he shouldn't be grateful for earning more in a day than the average person makes in a month, but seeing how the rest of the team is doing has got to be deflating.

Can you guys cut the Vilardi at center horseshit! He’s likely never to play there for the Kings unless there’s some unforeseen emergency. He was left in Ontario last season to get adjusted to his new position and has excelled and now you want to move him again? Idiotic!
Also, Kopitar isn’t going to be your 3C, other than Danault there isnt another center on this roster or the one in Ontario that can sniff his jock strap.
You want to take about a big problem on that 1st line, look no further than regressing Kempe and shit play! Other than him potting those guys last season he was also pretty bad defensively. He also isn’t able to carry the puck into the zone as effectively nor is he able to complete simple passes.. who would have guessed that now that defenses are making him a focal point that he’d struggle so much

Worked pretty well with Vilardi didn’t it?
No, totally disagree. Don't care that you are snowmaning out.

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Nothing I said was wrong.. show me the centers on the Kings or the Reign that make Kopitar our 3C this season??
I recommend trying Vilardi at three C. He spent some time being mentored on playing on the wing. He didnt have a sex change. He has broken out and the team is not going to the post season at .565. He was a highly touted center in the OHL, after playing there since he was a child. He had injury issues and an understandably rough NHL transition. This, along with Kempe finally breaking out show the great majority of NHL players go through an incubation phase before growing from a chick into a respectable cock. One mans truth is another mans blasphemy.

• Haha
Reactions: AbsentMojo

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Clarke 6'2, Can score
Grans 6'3, Can score

You act like there is a downside to what we are actually icing as defense squad.
I am also extremely surprised that your priority is scoring when looking at defenders, i guess 9-8 losses are not enough for you

I like Grans but he's extremely raw. Dont' forget he's only barely 20 too, he's got a long way to go. High ceiling but could bust altogether. he's only got 27 points in 70 AHL games too so it's not like he's blowing the place up yet. Latent ability on both offense and D but if he came to the NHL over anyone else he'd get absolutely wrecked.

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Can’t believe people want to move Vilardi back to center. He’s been such a project and he seems to FINALLY be breaking out. Why would you mess with that?
Because Lizotte is not an NHL 3c. I believe it is worth A LOOK because of Vilardi's season and his potential ceiling to further expand on the above. It is not a psy op that will leave him permanently damaged. He would probably relish it and possibly excel. I believe you will see it at some point this season unless the Kings are playing a lot better and getting many more W's.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Kupari skates well has a decent one on one move (singular).. he doesnt show much IQ - reminds me of Kempe a bit... he is not a center... maybe 3rd line wing. His size and speed could make him a very effective bottom 6 winger if he learns to hit more - he seems to avoid contact. Fagemo is shot first mentality.. thats all i remember about him. Edit: I dont see this move a solution to any problem, just giving someone in the A some reps with big club see if something clicks
Fagemo has shot first mentality.

He is shooting with power, but with no accuracy.

He is hockey IQ is pretty low as well.

I like Grans but he's extremely raw. Dont' forget he's only barely 20 too, he's got a long way to go. High ceiling but could bust altogether. he's only got 27 points in 70 AHL games too so it's not like he's blowing the place up yet. Latent ability on both offense and D but if he came to the NHL over anyone else he'd get absolutely wrecked.
He does not use physicality at all and not very fast skater either

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I recommend trying Vilardi at three C. He spent some time being mentored on playing on the wing. He didnt have a sex change. He has broken out and the team is not going to the post season at .565. He was a highly touted center in the OHL, after playing there since he was a child. He had injury issues and an understandably rough NHL transition. This, along with Kempe finally breaking out show the great majority of NHL players go through an incubation phase before growing from a chick into a respectable cock. One mans truth is another mans blasphemy.
Try again, he isn’t being moved around to be a 3C. That’s what Byfield will be once his stint with Ontario concludes.
Vilardi’s back issues have nothing to do with his move to the wing, it was a speed/pace issue and if you want to bring up his OHL seasons.. well, he actually split his time between C and RW.. he was his most dominant at RW but the Kings wanted to see if he could stick at a premium position.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Kopitar makes himself a 3C
So still taking on the tough top line assignments(thought not at his once Selke level) at 35YO while being 2nd in the team in scoring does qualify him as the 1C on this team. At worse he’s the 2C and that’s playing with a struggling Kempe.
Here’s something for you guys and gals to digest. Kopitar is not the player he was but is still pretty damn good, Kempe isn’t even close to the player he was last season and for the second season in a row has regressed defensively!
What that means is that much like Durzi, you have to cover twice as much ice and second guess yourself because your partner/linemate isn’t dependable. That’s a real issue for this team

Reactions: King'sPawn

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Try again, he isn’t being moved around to be a 3C. That’s what Byfield will be once his stint with Ontario concludes.
Vilardi’s back issues have nothing to do with his move to the wing, it was a speed/pace issue and if you want to bring up his OHL seasons.. well, he actually split his time between C and RW.. he was his most dominant at RW but the Kings wanted to see if he could stick at a premium position.
Nothing I said was wrong, either.
Time frame: Before seasons end.
Qualification: If the Kings don't start winning.
Vilardi's back had everything to do with his progression. And it was not just his speed, which by the way has improved and make him ready for another look at center. If the team needs it and are smart enough to realize it. As a fan of Gabriel's I am well aware of his OHL history. He played very well at center and you can not take that away from him.
A premium position? What are the premium positions? Asking for a friend in Canada. You sound so ridiculously smug. Keep fishing Captain Quint.

Reactions: kinghock

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
In terms of pure offensive weapon in all elements:

1. speed
2. raw skills / abilities
3. puck skills / handling / controlling
4. vision
5. passing
6. shot
7. finishing
8. power
9. creativity
10. board play
11. consistency
12, game breaking ability

No single player would be top 3 in every category, BUT, RIGHT NOW, it would be #1 Fiala, #2 Vilardi #3 hard to choose between Kempe / Kopitar

So, when making your lines, to have Vilardi on line 3 with Lizotte and Kaliyev is asinine at best.
It's not just ridiculous to have him on line 3 and those linemates, (nothing against Lizotte and Arty)
but the icetine is not enough, for your second best weapon. It comes down to, having to remove
one from the Danault line...yes, it's a good line, but Vilardi must be on your top 6. Some nights,
he the Kings best forward, period. Even his worst game this year, has been acceptable.

What other team, has one of their top 3 (let's make it 3) forwards on line 3? None.

Reactions: kinghock

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
The only player in the franchise who could conceivably take over #1 C in the next three years is Byfield. No one else is close. Vilardi is no more of an NHL center than Fiala is.

Whether or not Byfield actually does that is anyone’s guess. But he’s the only one.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad