Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
When he said that I mentioned to the person next to me that speaking as a fan... it was not pretty fun to watch

I actually quite enjoyed it myself. I think Blake wants high scoring games. Maybe not 17 goals a night, but still pretty fun. I loved seeing Mikey Anderson score that big goal to tie it up.
Yeah it is much easier to stay awake when the Kings are scoring.

Reactions: KingTech

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I wouldn't mind a high scoring game if it was good hockey with good scoring chances

most of those were bunk turnovers or bad angle squeakers and garbage-tier goaltending, not the results of beautiful on-ice magnificence. I think the EBUGs would have put up a better fight.

It wasn't a pretty high scoring affair, it was a sloppy beer league clunker. It's kind of insulting to suggest "durrrr you guys like big numbers right"
The last 3 games of the 2014 WCF come to mind as positive examples of high-scoring games.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I have a feeling Petersen knew this was coming and that’s the reason he broke his stick at the end of the last game.
I think that was more because he played like poo

Are these just the same moves to get the young guys an NHL pay day and moved back down in 1-2 days? Or are they actually going to play?
looks like Fagemo plays today. Not sure on Madden, would be interesting to see him in the lineup

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Can you guys cut the Vilardi at center horseshit! He’s likely never to play there for the Kings unless there’s some unforeseen emergency. He was left in Ontario last season to get adjusted to his new position and has excelled and now you want to move him again? Idiotic!
Also, Kopitar isn’t going to be your 3C, other than Danault there isnt another center on this roster or the one in Ontario that can sniff his jock strap.
You want to take about a big problem on that 1st line, look no further than regressing Kempe and ....
Kopi is a big problem on the 1st line...We all realize he's not getting moved down - these are desperate times calling for (even unrealistic) desperate measures... I agree Kempe is absolutely shitting himself as well

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

There were hints dropped earlier this week that this might be a possibility but of course nobody in the room when they were dropped bothered to notice or mention them.

sorry... nobody in the room that isn't a team employee... and there were at least one or two

Why Madden? is this to get a couple of bigger paychecks like Spence (up for 4 days and scratched)

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Kopi is a big problem on the 1st line...We all realize he's not getting moved down - these are desperate times calling for (even unrealistic) desperate measures... I agree Kempe is absolutely shitting himself as well
The second line needs to out produce and then play more then
I would love to see Madden over Lizotte
I agree with the Madden over Lizotte. Love the way Lizotte hussels, but hussell cannot be everything. I think Lizotte has peaked and other players can develop over and above him

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020

I agree with the Madden over Lizotte. Love the way Lizotte hussels, but hussell cannot be everything. I think Lizotte has peaked and other players can develop over and above him
I think he would actually be good trade bait to get a goalie prospect or a piece of a decent ld

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I wouldn't mind seeing Madden instead of JAD, but I would be hesitant to pull Lizotte. He has a special effect that I think no other player brings in his intensity. I would honestly have him out there over higher-skilled players, at least on the 4th line, and keep him in the lineup as long as possible because of his tenacity. It really is infectious and he has willed offense out of pure determination alone or at least created the space and time for others to create it. My hot take is that I do think that this team isn't a contender as long as Lizotte is on the team, but he would literally be the last person I would cut to get to that status and the team would owe him a massive debt for it.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
How has Kevin been?

He's been good, considering 2 deadbeats were trying to rob his parent's home, accidentally put after shave on his baby cheeks, had to deal with a tarantula roaming the halls, nearly had his each of his fingers chewed off, and to top it off he had to run to the store to do the grocery shopping all by himself. He got the milk, eggs, and fabric softener in case you are wondering.

How's your holiday been?

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

Yeah, i love the guys work ethics, but he gets out muscled every game at some point. He's just doesn;t have the size or muscle to be effective, especially 3rd line center.

Reactions: kenito7

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Rightfully so

We have Anderson , Bjornfoot and Moverare.
This is a pretty solid left side d-corps.

Why were are not playing them and monkey around with what we witness on the ice, is far beyond me.

Anderson - Doughty
Bjornfoot - Clarke
Moverare - Grans

This would be a squad easily able to hold a playoff spot against the hockey disabled teams in our division

Because the bottom 4 pairing have a combined 72 pro games played, can't score, and have ZERO SIZE!

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
What have you done with Edler, Roy, Walker, Durzi and Spence to have Clarke and Grans in?
Edler and Walker are waiver material and will look amazing in Greenville.
Durzi and Spence are traded for anything

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad