Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

Rightfully so

We have Anderson , Bjornfoot and Moverare.
This is a pretty solid left side d-corps.

Why were are not playing them and monkey around with what we witness on the ice, is far beyond me.

Anderson - Doughty
Bjornfoot - Clarke
Moverare - Grans

This would be a squad easily able to hold a playoff spot against the hockey disabled teams in our division

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Problem is, DD and AK both think they are still elite and should be top guys. That's where having a GM, HC and basically a franchise that would rather stand down and make sure nobody gets their feelings hurt than put out the best combinations on the ice for efficiency and hopefully wins.

Inmates running the asylum is just a dead end.
Yes thats one of the reasons id like to see DD traded.. I doubt he would be happy w any kind of demotion. We've endured about 7 years of the 'old core' not getting it done... time to let new leadership form

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Yes thats one of the reasons id like to see DD traded.. I doubt he would be happy w any kind of demotion. We've endured about 7 years of the 'old core' not getting it done... time to let new leadership form

You know what? I wouldn't be opposed. Just tell him the rebuild is going to take longer than everyone first thought.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
You know what? I wouldn't be opposed. Just tell him the rebuild is going to take longer than everyone first thought.

I've been banging the trade Doughty drum for years. There was a time we probably could've pried Marner away from Toronto, but that time is passed.

Doughty is going to be difficult to trade because of his contract situation and depreciating offensive upside. He's not a #1 D anymore, but he could be a strong #2, ala McDonagh to Tampa Bay.

The Kings likely need to retain at least 25% in any Doughty trade, or be willing to accept a toxic contract in return.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Rightfully so

We have Anderson , Bjornfoot and Moverare.
This is a pretty solid left side d-corps.

Why were are not playing them and monkey around with what we witness on the ice, is far beyond me.

Anderson - Doughty
Bjornfoot - Clarke
Moverare - Grans

This would be a squad easily able to hold a playoff spot against the hockey disabled teams in our division

What have you done with Edler, Roy, Walker, Durzi and Spence to have Clarke and Grans in?

Let’s trade Blake
he would just invoke his NMC and then sign where we wanted to trade him next year.

Reactions: bland and BigKing

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
Like I said in the other thread, it's not about Cal, It's about addressing the media after an embarassing performance. This isn't that difficult and it shouldn't need so much defense. This is the only market in the league where guys get that luxury.
There were post game interviews with TMac and players directly after the game so the media was addressed after the loss. Where is the problem then if it wasn't about Cal and the coach /players were interviewed after the game?

The Caps sometimes have closed sessions after stinkers. It isn't just an LA thing.

I just don't get the outrage, especially by the media.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Problem is, DD and AK both think they are still elite and should be top guys. That's where having a GM, HC and basically a franchise that would rather stand down and make sure nobody gets their feelings hurt than put out the best combinations on the ice for efficiency and hopefully wins.

Inmates running the asylum is just a dead end.
DD certainly does think that yes.
But i wonder if Kopi does; or if it's the coach/etc. who thinks it and is the one playing him like a 28-30 year old kopi. I honestly do not know.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
the Kopi question is not an easy solution.. 3rd line deployment might be too hard on his ego.. I think swapping him and Danault would be an interesting idea. Id prefer to see Kopi as 3C and giving Vilardi a shot at center (as a total last resort). but it gives fiala, kempe someone willing to go to the middle of the ice vs along the boards - with as much if not more skill. His faceoffs arent good but this is a situation where you have to compromise something.
Can you guys cut the Vilardi at center horseshit! He’s likely never to play there for the Kings unless there’s some unforeseen emergency. He was left in Ontario last season to get adjusted to his new position and has excelled and now you want to move him again? Idiotic!
Also, Kopitar isn’t going to be your 3C, other than Danault there isnt another center on this roster or the one in Ontario that can sniff his jock strap.
You want to take about a big problem on that 1st line, look no further than regressing Kempe and shit play! Other than him potting those guys last season he was also pretty bad defensively. He also isn’t able to carry the puck into the zone as effectively nor is he able to complete simple passes.. who would have guessed that now that defenses are making him a focal point that he’d struggle so much

Classic Rob, gotta hold all those assets. Don't want to make a bad trade now, do we?
Worked pretty well with Vilardi didn’t it?

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Have at it, Turkeys.

About the last game: "I don't know, if you're a fan, it's pretty fun to watch..."

Very interesting about Brandt Clarke and Quentin Byfield. Clarke may not see NHL ice until after the New Year. Almost feels like Blake's trying to hold him back. Give him time to continue to develop and get stronger before putting him up against NHL competition.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I observed both of them in AHL and Kupari is much better player comparing to Fagemo...
Different types of players though. Fagemo plays a much more simple game and is very much just a winger. He’s definitely worth a proper look, he’s earned it.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I’m ok with todays moves and at least Blake spoke properly. I think doing something different (Fagemo) was a positive move and bringing Björnfot in was a no brainier IMO. I’m sure Clarke must now go to the WJC (right or wrong) but whilst he’s away they must surely make room for him. If they do that the D will be better set for the reminder of the year. I’d love for there to be room for Spence also but that’s not realistic. It’ll be one or the other (hopefully).

Reactions: YP44

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I wouldn't mind a high scoring game if it was good hockey with good scoring chances

most of those were bunk turnovers or bad angle squeakers and garbage-tier goaltending, not the results of beautiful on-ice magnificence. I think the EBUGs would have put up a better fight.

It wasn't a pretty high scoring affair, it was a sloppy beer league clunker. It's kind of insulting to suggest "durrrr you guys like big numbers right"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad