Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Not expecting much. They'll have some generic comments about how it's not Petersen's fault, the whole team has got to be better, and how he's got an opportunity in Ontario (assuming that's where he ends up) to work on his game.
I'm expecting some shuffling of the lines but nothing crazy. Maybe Spence will get a shot.
Not that it’s worth much but that’s been Freidman’s thought.. that the Kings are trying to clear a spot for Spence and judging how they plan to treat Clarke’s development.. would the Kings really go with a right side of Doughty, Spence, Clarke???
We could get a good to great return for Durzi(Buffalo) and Roy(Devils), maybe enough to build a package for Chychrun or to a lesser extent Gavrikov

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Hello guys, what happened to Doughty's goal scoring ability? Okay he never was a big time scorer but only 1G this year, less than 2 SOG per game (only 41 in 25 GP) and i guess he is still playing prime minutes at both ES and PP

Last couple years it looked like Drew focused more on hitting the net even if that meant taking some off his shot, and using a wrister instead of a clapper. This year so far it seems like he tries to rip it and it is not going as well.

Reactions: mysterman2 and aonb

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Probably waiting on Canada for Clarke......and I have no idea on Byfield, they could be seing what he is doing down there as a positive sign, let him continue to get the work in, get the confidence in....etc.

I think they are stuck between Kupari and Byfield.......and up until a few games ago, Kupari was looking really good.....so why mess with a good thing?

This also comes down to another post, or comment I saw you comment on where the essence was, players playing in the AHL have to force hard decisions to be made......and I don't think anyone has as of yet, have they played well...sure.....have they played well enough to make a team trade a Jack Johnson and open up a spot.....I don't believe so..... so they might be waiting for that moment as well.
I agree, I don’t think they’ll be in a hurry to bring up Byfield especially if he and Turc start to get hot which might be happening. Maybe even let those two build some chemistry.. Wish they would have gone the Doughty route with Clarke’s development but DD was much further along

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Didn't have to panic because he had the injury excuse. You get everyone back and add Fiala: you've got real expectations.

Rosen isn't making it up: Blake signaled that he wasn't so sure he wanted to be in the Turcotte business when he signed Danault. Last season was horrific for Turcotte and he didn't skate for like 3-4 months after another concussion. If including Turcotte helps get Blake a solid young piece in an area of need then he will definitely be interested...they've got to be scared shitless that Turcotte will bust due to injuries and not being what they expected offensively regardless. Jim Fox was already out there last season talking about how they see him as an elite 3C: expectations have been lowered and that was before the no-skate-summer.

And would you define that as panic?

Blake doesn’t deserve his name mentioned in the same breath as Lombardi’s as far as I’m concerned.

Dean’s madness came in the waning years of legitimate Cup contention when he was desperately trying to keep his team relevant.

Blake never even got off the launch pad.

Massive difference.

DL threw the future away before the team ever won a 1st rd series, and then in their supposed contender year, were out of a playoff spot at the deadline. Then lucked out that Carter cried his way out of Columbus for less than the Jackets paid to get him, because nobody else traded at that deadline was anything close to Carter.

And, of course, asked an old friend and literal Canadian farm boy to come save his ass when the team was struggling. Nepotism is fine when it works.

So bets on what we hear in advance of today's game?

More media freezeout, call up Copley, assign Petersen, and that's it?

Some of you guys just don't pay much attention to the league. Is there some active trade market that nobody knows about? How many more 1 way deals do you expect to be buried? They're already at 2 if Petersen goes down, which is far more than the league average.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I still think this team is only a tinkering or two from being a really competitive group but the time has finally come for Blake to show us he has a pair of balls and do the painful things that need to be done.
Agreed. I think that's the issue here and cause of frustration. It's not that anyone expects this team to be at the top of the standings and SC contending right now. But it's some minor (obvious and not that difficult) tweaking to both the roster (Blake) and the game/player/minute utilization (TMac) that is needed. Some of which is almost bizarre at best by Blake & TMac.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Some of you guys just don't pay much attention to the league. Is there some active trade market that nobody knows about? How many more 1 way deals do you expect to be buried? They're already at 2 if Petersen goes down, which is far more than the league average.

I was more focused on the media freezeout/cowardice, but please, continue to post infinite variations of "well what is Blake SUPPOSED to do?"

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I was more focused on the media freezeout/cowardice, but please, continue to post infinite variations of "well what is Blake SUPPOSED to do?"

I would think NOT PANIC....would be the first thing......

Imagine one of these forum members in his position, Durzi, Roy, Edler, Lizotte, Grundstrom, Kupari, Kempe, Kopitar, Doughty would all be traded for pennies on the dollar, cuz omg.....

If you don't think waiving Cal Peterson was precise and calculated......which I know you do, we talked above about it......it's a message to the team...

So yea, we can be on here saying omg they should sink the team and bring back the LA Sharks.....but in reality, patience and calculations work out much better than panic.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
There definitely needs to be some sort of statement, I find it rather odd. It’s a significant move that needs to be addressed. It makes me think there must be more going on behind the scenes. Otherwise the silence becomes a major worry for me because that would indicate a lack of confidence/conviction in the decisions being made. I’m ok with the silence if there are other things going on because it’d make sense to address everything at once.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014

Imagine one of these forum members in his position, Durzi, Roy, Edler, Lizotte, Grundstrom, Kupari, Kempe, Kopitar, Doughty would all be traded for pennies on the dollar, cuz omg.....

If you don't think waiving Cal Peterson was precise and calculated......which I know you do, we talked above about it......it's a message to the team...

So yea, we can be on here saying omg they should sink the team and bring back the LA Sharks.....but in reality, patience and calculations work out much better than panic.
I agree with that, but I don’t get the silence unless there are other things going on. I am sure waiving Petersen was a carefully calculated and considered decision.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I agree with that, but I don’t get the silence unless there are other things going on. I am sure waiving Petersen was a carefully calculated and considered decision.

I get that, but all we have is speculation, it's just as likely as Blake got abducted by aliens, and they are waiting for him to return? I mean if we wanna speculate lol.....

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I'd be worried if they were overreacting to the other night.

I'm trying to give them some credit that they know these are things that have actually been going on for a while and the othernight was just the biggest harbinger of it.

Reactions: bmr and AbsentMojo

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

So you're more concerned about the stories you make up?

Maybe Blake will speak after Petersen clears and they figure out where he's going. Maybe he won't. But goddamn, let's fly off the handle because Blake wasn't in front of a mic 5 seconds after Petersen was put on waivers.

This place is a hair trigger. Can't even wait a day, less than a day, to see what happens.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
So you're more concerned about the stories you make up?

Maybe Blake will speak after Petersen clears and they figure out where he's going. Maybe he won't. But goddamn, let's fly off the handle because Blake wasn't in front of a mic 5 seconds after Petersen was put on waivers.

This place is a hair trigger. Can't even wait a day, less than a day, to see what happens.

What part of canceled practice and media availability was made up?

And why are you so rattled people would be critical of it?

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Not really bothered at all by the media blackout for a day. It indicates to me that they are actually in all-hands-on-deck mode working on solutions. Obviously, there is a game tonight and we will hear more and I am sure Blake will speak with the media once Petersen clears and we have a better idea of what is going on. I.e. are they going to make a trade for another goaltender, are they going to send Petersen down, are they going to recall Copely, etc.?

I mean, sure reporters might think it cowardly, but honestly, maybe this team needs to lock the locker room and stare each other in the face and make sure they are all going in the same direction because it is evident that they certainly aren't on the ice.

I will certainly pick up the pitchfork if there is nothing else done and no improvement, but at this point, I am fine with letting it go for a couple of days now some action is finally being taken to see what happens while the dust clears.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
DL threw the future away before the team ever won a 1st rd series, and then in their supposed contender year, were out of a playoff spot at the deadline. Then lucked out that Carter cried his way out of Columbus for less than the Jackets paid to get him, because nobody else traded at that deadline was anything close to Carter.

And, of course, asked an old friend and literal Canadian farm boy to come save his ass when the team was struggling. Nepotism is fine when it works.

This is such an embarrassing misrepresentation of history, even for you.

The future had already seized control of the team before 2012. Kopitar, Doughty, Brown, and Quick were all under 30 and playing top minutes. The future had arrived.

I'm not going to debate the rest of your bilge here. Every team needs some luck to get over the hump. No one is disputing the fortuitous timing of Carter's disquiet in Columbus. That's not even up for debate.

The team WAS underperforming in 2012. And you know what Lombardi did? He fired the coach, and traded a top four defenseman. Our general manager actually managed. This is not the own you think it is.

But by all means, if you want to continue comparing Lombardi and Blake head to head, then let's go. Year six and counting, champ.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
What part of canceled practice and media availability was made up?

And why are you so rattled people would be critical of it?

That you attribute it to cowardice. That's a story being made up. Petersen had not cleared yet, and had not been assigned to Ontario yet, and we immediately need a full explanation? And if we don't get one, right then, right there, it's cowardice and lack.of conviction in the move itself? What?

I don't give any damns about criticisms, but at least make them make sense. Honestly, I have no idea, but if significant guys are put on waivers, do a lot of GMs come out a minute later with every reason for it? Before the player actually moves anywhere?

Reactions: Surf Nutz

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
We are just moments away..

2021-06-13T195306Z_1120411561_MT1USATODAY16250210_RTRMADP_3_NHL-STANLEY-CUP-PLAYOFFS-NEW-YORK-...jpg

alexrommmmyyy-e1669695835264.jpeg

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
This is such an embarrassing misrepresentation of history, even for you.

The future had already seized control of the team before 2012. Kopitar, Doughty, Brown, and Quick were all under 30 and playing top minutes. The future had arrived.

I'm not going to debate the rest of your bilge here. Every team needs some luck to get over the hump. No one is disputing the fortuitous timing of Carter's disquiet in Columbus. That's not even up for debate.

But if you want to compare Lombardi and Blake head to head, then let's go. Year six and counting, champ.

But, it was before Kopitar, Brown, Doughty, and Quick had won a single playoff series. They had proven nothing. And in the time since all the real leaders left, where have Kopitar, Brown, Doughty, and Quick led the team? Nowhere. Maybe that core was never good enough. Even after Richards, they were still out of the playoffs before the Carter deal. Still cost a coach his job. Still were on their way to getting DL fired.

So, as bland says, like last year's inorganic playoff appearance, going all in before the core won a single playoff series, starting with Penner, was throwing caution to the wind. Putting the cart before the horse. Inorganically winning a playoff series.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That you attribute it to cowardice. That's a story being made up. Petersen had not cleared yet, and had not been assigned to Ontario yet, and we immediately need a full explanation? And if we don't get one, right then, right there, it's cowardice and lack.of conviction in the move itself? What?

I don't give any damns about criticisms, but at least make them make sense. Honestly, I have no idea, but if significant guys are put on waivers, do a lot of GMs come out a minute later with every reason for it? Before the player actually moves anywhere?

I'm not asking for a press conference to address petersen being waived; he could even have said something simple like we're exploring options internally about what to do

I'm talking about the full cancellation of practice and media availability simply because they had a tough game the night before. Why would it be so difficult for the players, coach, or Blake himself to answer questions about the game and season as normal?

You can not agree with it but it makes sense, that you keep obfuscating the point to attribute weird ass statements (like suggesting I was asking for the GM to hold a conference to discuss Petersen being waived) to me just suggests you have nothing new to contribute and that you've just bought a bus ticket from Axl to the 'nothing is ever actually wrong, you're just being mean' expressway.

And it IS cowardly. Sure, maybe they're going behind the scenes and actually working, but in no other market will you see a guy get the luxury of hiding from a game like that for 48 hours. That doesn't mean that was the sole motivation, but as Helene pointed out,

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
My sources are telling me Durzi, Kupari, and Turcotte.

Trade call should happen soon unless Rob Blake runs out of minutes on his phone.
It is fun to fantasize - when reality sucks the human mind is pretty good at manufacturing a better reality... (hint: you need to send some more salary the other way)

Reactions: kinghock
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad