Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
Something has to give before January 1.

1. Cal waived need a goalie replacement THIS SEASON. The answer is not Copley (altough he can fill in)
2. Clarke. Is he goiong to WJC? If so, what happens JAN 1, after tournament?
3. Byfield close to ready. Do they keep him in Ontario?
If he comes back to big club, does Kupari get sent down..or go to wing line 3 or 4?
4. Iafallo is close to return. Who goes to AHL?
5. Lemieux close to return. Is he the 13th forward?
6. Turcotte. I don't see him being recalled....at least a month (if he's excelling beyond ALL expectations)
even if he does excel, don't see a recall until trade deadline? Or he is dealt by then in some package.
Not given away, though. I prefer to keep him...unless you get a great return, that I don't believe they would, een in a package,.
7. The Defense MESS. This is a mess. No cohesion. No one is playing their best hockey of their career.
Not a one. Call it whatever you want, but that's the truth and the pairings are shttt anyway.
DD is not what he was, since his injury....and it's not just the wrist. He's like 55% of warrior Drew and
he's not even chirping, getting pissed off and the fire is missing. I chalk it up to a few things...age,
the injuries, the umpteen 1000 games (or whatever) being a dad of 2 daughters (whether anyone argues birng a parent to 2 young children changes someone's life, there is no argument - it does, period. NO, it does not mean your career or level of ability change, but it can to a degree....and it may not...but it certinaly can. Yes, you can still be a pro and give 100%, but life can take over and some can lose fire and passion. I think with DD, it's a basket of all this. He's not where he was, pre wrist injury and IT AIN'T just that)
You can't deal DD...and Edler really shoudn't be on the team (no fault of his) and Walker shouldn't either.
Durzi? I don't know. I wish his defensive game was half of his offensive mind and game. What to do about him?
I'd move him to the RIGHT, at least and see where he's at come trade deadline. The 2 penalities on him last night - BOTH were a joke and I don't blame him for those.
Bjorfot and Spence are better answers to Edler and Walker. Crap. waive them both and bring them up,.
IF you can't acquire a Gavrikov or ? NOW.
8. So many that should get a shot: Fagemo, being one. But with Iafallo, Lemieux coming back, there isn't room.
9. Kopitar CANNOT CANNOT CANNOT play out his contract as #1 center. Yes, someone has to take that spot and no one is ready...I personally believe Gabe can take it now. Why? Because 2 years ago, he was #2 center and about 40% the player he now is. So, if he's 60% better (and HE IS) 2 years,. later, he can certainly be #1 center now. He's often the best player on the teams, several games. So, your best player cannot be #1 center? BULLSHIT. He can. But I understand reason(s) why this won't happen, now. Should it happen by end of year? Maybe. TMAC has too much respect and putting too much on #11 and when HE PUTS HIM OUT EVERY OVERTIME as starting 3. Why the H E double hockey sticks you ice the SLOWEST player on 3 on 3 to start? and Fiala (your most talented player) was not only NOT out there, bu the second set of 3, he's still not!!!!
10. TMAC. for the #11 usage and Fiala and now Vilardi on line 3? Kaliyev line 4?? This is absurd.,
Vilardi out there with Lizotte and Grundstrom....bullshit.

11. Blake. he's brought in good players the last 2 years - Danault, Arvidsson, Edler (but should have not resigned him) and Fiala this past Summer. Moore, 2 yrs ago...Was patient with Gabe. Great...but this ain;'t working and he must fix the mess that this now is. Part of the mess is on the players...part on the coach, but it's the GM that has made up the roster and it's a good roster on paper...but niow that Cal has failed, Byfield injured sick, Iafallo out a month....the D is still a mess and the team needs a LEGIT TOP 4 LHD and an NHL goalie and NOW. So, it is up to him to do something. Not a forced move, but a 'hockey trade' is needed, prior to January 1. He has the assets to address the needs.

Last edited:

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I’m still at a loss as to why everyone here thinks Bjornfot is going to make things measurably better. The entire time up on the big club he has either blended into the ice under him or looked generally overwhelmed. He got scored on at Durzi levels but provided zero offense.

If someone who has watched the Reign games comes and tells me that he has dominated the competition in the AHL, okay, but none of the numbers say that’s the case. Just being a left hand shot doesn’t automatically make him the best option to improve the defense.
Nonsense.

Bjornfot was very, very good last year and improving consistently until his injury.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
Frustrating.

Trading key pieces for the future to address a hole now.
It would be DL level stupid, but I think Rosen is making shit up since Blake didn't panic when the entire D was injured last spring with three of the hottest teams nipping at their heals for a playoff spot. Why would he panic now? Blake has to get rid of a few vets this coming summer anyways so why not now instead of prospects?

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Nonsense.

Bjornfot was very, very good last year and improving consistently until his injury.

Such bullshit, when everyone and their f***ing brother knows that if Bjornfoot stayed with the club, you would be bitching about his play and how TM and Blake are ruining him, and he shouldn't be on the team etc....

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
It would be DL level stupid, but I think Rosen is making shit up since Blake didn't panic when the entire D was injured last spring with three of the hottest teams nipping at their heals for a playoff spot. Why would he panic now? Blake has to get rid of a few vets this coming summer anyways so why not now instead of prospects?
Didn't have to panic because he had the injury excuse. You get everyone back and add Fiala: you've got real expectations.

Rosen isn't making it up: Blake signaled that he wasn't so sure he wanted to be in the Turcotte business when he signed Danault. Last season was horrific for Turcotte and he didn't skate for like 3-4 months after another concussion. If including Turcotte helps get Blake a solid young piece in an area of need then he will definitely be interested...they've got to be scared shitless that Turcotte will bust due to injuries and not being what they expected offensively regardless. Jim Fox was already out there last season talking about how they see him as an elite 3C: expectations have been lowered and that was before the no-skate-summer.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Nonsense.

Define “very, very good”.

Last season he was last amongst Kings defensemen in every measurable category. 5vs5 corsi%, Fenwick%, shots for %, goals for %, goals per game, points per game, +/-. The only thing he led in was games played. What a disaster of a season for Bjornfot. Completely out of his league. That’s why he’s in the AHL.

I know you’re not into numbers, but there’s no way to hide that kind of failure.

Reactions: BigBrown

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Define “very, very good”.

Last season he was last amongst Kings defensemen in every measurable category. 5vs5 corsi%, Fenwick%, shots for %, goals for %, goals per game, points per game, +/-. The only thing he led in was games played. What a disaster of a season for Bjornfot. Completely out of his league. That’s why he’s in the AHL.

I know you’re not into numbers, but there’s no way to hide that kind of failure.
And yet none of that matters if he has a very productive season in Ontario.
With Moore up for a new contract, Arvy a season away from UFA and Kempe pulling a Kempe.. they’ll need cheap contracts and other than Byfield, no other prospect has his potential. They aren’t giving him up to dump a salary nor to get a short term fix. For a Chychrun maybe but would the Yotes want him after drafting 2 centers last draft? Imagine if the Avs got rid of Byram after his concussions… some lucky team would have been very happy. I think they’ll wait to see how he plays this season before maybe any decision on his future with the Kings

Reactions: AbsentMojo

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Are we really having a compete meltdown? 🤔 Kings today are 1 game ahead in the standings from last year. The team isn't expected to be a Stanley Cup contender this year but some seem to be losing their minds over games that don't matter or the season. The team doesnt have the players to win a Stanley Cup. Blake only needs to develop the kids and swing deals to improve our top 4 on the left side and bring in some toughness on the top 9 this year and the offseason. Smoke a dub and enjoy the kids development.
snoop-dogg-smoke.gif

Last edited:

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

Blake doesn’t deserve his name mentioned in the same breath as Lombardi’s as far as I’m concerned.

Dean’s madness came in the waning years of legitimate Cup contention when he was desperately trying to keep his team relevant.

Blake never even got off the launch pad.

Massive difference.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Are we really having a compete meltdown? 🤔 Kings today are 1 game ahead in the standings from last year. The team isn't expected to be a Stanley Cup contender this year but some seem to be losing their minds over games that don't matter or the season. The team doesnt have the players to win a Stanley Cup. Blake only needs to develop the kids and swing deals to improve our top 4 on the left side and bring in some toughness on the top 9 this year and the offseason. Smoke a dub and enjoy the kids development.

Getting bent over to the tune of nine goals against after multiple 5+ goal losses a quarter into the season is absolutely cause for a meltdown. Why do you think Blake and Todd cancelled practice and media availability? Everyone from Helene Elliot to Jim Fox to the ghost of Rich Hammond is calling out the aimless direction of this organization.

This team is awful. Period. They just traded away a first round pick and a bluechip prospect for a top flight winger in his prime. Blake said the rebuild is over. Or is it? Todd is still playing Doughty and Kopitar a combined 40 minutes a night. Our best line is comprised entirely of trades and a free agent. We have massive holes at D and center. We roll over to any kind of physicality. No identity. No culture. No anything.

It would be one thing if Byfield, Vilardi, and co. were playing the majority of minutes and losing hard fought games, ala Kopitar and co. circa 2009. But that’s not what’s happening. Enjoy the development? The kids are barely playing, much less developing. Our genius GM just sent our best defensive prospect since Drew Doughty back to f***ing juniors after he clearly proved he was already a top four defenseman on the NHL team right now. Our coach sent out 8, 11, and 9 to start OT - twice - to promptly lose the game - twice.

Smoke a dub? Yeah, you must be high to think nothing’s wrong with the direction of this team.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
This is a very important/dangerous time for the short to mid term future of the franchise. Everyone knows Blake has backed himself into a corner, and nobody is going to be willing to help him out without a sizeable overpay. So all those young assets who were not given a chance to prosper and have had their value dropped, many of them might be heading out the door while their value is low and the GM is desperate
Blake is not desperate and is no way expecting the team to be serious contenders this year. Making the playoffs isn't the same as expecting Stanley Cup banner this year.

Getting bent over to the tune of nine goals against after multiple 5+ goal losses a quarter into the season is absolutely cause for a meltdown. Why do you think Blake and Todd cancelled practice and media availability? Everyone from Helene Elliot to Jim Fox to the ghost of Rich Hammond is calling out the aimless direction of this organization.

This team is awful. Period. They just traded away a first round pick and a bluechip prospect for a top flight winger in his prime. Blake said the rebuild is over. Or is it? Todd is still playing Doughty and Kopitar a combined 40 minutes a night. Our best line is comprised entirely of trades and a free agent. We have massive holes at D and center. We roll over to any kind of physicality. No identity. No culture. No anything.

It would be one thing if Byfield, Vilardi, and co. were playing the majority of minutes and losing hard fought games, ala Kopitar and co. circa 2009. But that’s not what’s happening. Enjoy the development? The kids are barely playing, much less developing. Our genius GM just sent our best defensive prospect since Drew Doughty back to f***ing juniors after he clearly proved he was already a top four defenseman on the NHL team right now. Our coach sent out 8, 11, and 9 to start OT - twice - to promptly lose the game - twice.

Smoke a dub? Yeah, you must be high to think nothing’s wrong with the direction of this team.
Some of us paid attention to Blake's and Todd's future outlook for the team and understood the plan, others went to happy hour instead. Relax

Last edited:

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I got video of Blake leaving TSPC today:

hide-jim.gif
can't lie, that's probably the most disappointing thing about today as a whole, get smacked like that for the world to see then just cut a goalie and refuse to elaborate

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
I think some need to understand there's no Blake kool-aid drinkers, just realist to the facts what Blake and Todd's plan were. Regardless of my personal feelings or yours, this was the plan to develop and fill in the needs not serious Stanley Cup contenders. Kings record is better at this time than last year. But please continue to overreact. If next season the team hasn't improved the roster and in the standings, then by all means have yourself a crap fest, then again, there's always the Ducks. GKG

Attachments

• crying-cry.gif
    crying-cry.gif
    141.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Where in Rob and Todd’s plan was waiving Petersen? Was it written on the front or the back of the napkin? Or is the plan only accessible if you go the last 5 feet down when burying your head in the sand?

• Haha
Reactions: AbsentMojo

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Where in Rob and Todd’s plan was waiving Petersen? Was it written on the front or the back of the napkin? Or is the plan only accessible if you go the last 5 feet down when burying your head in the sand?

Jesus Christ........

Where was the plan that Doughty was injured for 3/4 of the year last year?? I mean according to your dumbass logic, that was part of the plan...right?

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
So now its Blake's fault for Petersen poopin the bed? Most made comments warning and others didnt trust Petersen being the future starter. Peterson in the beginning showed signs then struggled. He just seem so inconsistent then popped the bed. Others on here wanted Quick gone last year and he played better than Petersen. We will agree we need a better solution in the net. Was it a bad signing? You bet, but nothing you and i can do about it but see what the organization plans are going forward. If the team hasn't improved this time next year with roster improvements and record, then I will be right their with you spitting fire asking for the firing of Blake. The only reason I am not now is cause Blake told the fans the plans, this isn't the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad