Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Well progress is progress -- how you made progress does not change that fact.
But i agree with you I think. I want to see progress that is organically done. This is the problem. So i'm on the same page.

Even Gabe Vilardi breakout out this year. That is fantastic and great for the development and organic progress of this young team. Yet when you really look at it -- it's NOT. Gabe basically has succeeded in spite of the Kings development. He was almost an afterthought in their 2022+ plans (maybe he was an afterthought).

How in the world can you justify that comment.....I mean holy f***...I get it, it's cool to shit on everything Kings.....but the Kings played him when he was healthy, sent him down, changed his position, brought him back up this year, he proved his worth in pre-season, made the team and broke out.......but it was in spite of everything????

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
yeah how do you know? It's probably that Byfield won't become Crosby but he could come close which is what I'm holding out for.
I'm not nearly ready to give up on QB but putting him in the same paragraph as someone like Crosby is absurd. Plenty of other good players you can hope he'll be equal to but Crosby was dominating the NHL from his first game and led his team to a Stanley cup before he could buy a beer.

Rick Knickleback

May 18, 2022
Long Beach
who takes those guys seriously though
The idea of Luc Robitaille laying into anyone is just hilarious for various reasons. Blake, like T-Mac, should be talking to the mirror first and foremost.

Cal ain't the problem. He's a decent goalie.
Has he already cleared and is now suiting up for the Reign? Because that's the only way this sentence is remotely true. I was at the game last night and twice saw Cal duck, literally duck, when the puck was headed towards him.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
The idea of Luc Robitaille laying into anyone is just hilarious for various reasons. Blake, like T-Mac, should be talking to the mirror first and foremost.

Has he already cleared and is now suiting up for the Reign, because that's the only way this sentence is remotely true.
couldn't understand anything luc would say anyhow, judging from his tv spot last night

Reactions: head eyes

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Waiving a player in his 1st year of a 3x5mil contract is a really big deal. Its the kind of move that is rarely made because it impugns your judgment as a GM. Im giving RB props for this... but there is a lot more accountability that needs to happen other than this before Id say things are heading in the right direction

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
would love it if there was another shoe to drop of some kind, however I think Cal will go to the AHL with Copley coming up to backup quick. Hope that Cal finds his game and can return. I mean if Matt Murray could save his career maybe Cal can.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Waiving a player in his 1st year of a 3x5mil contract is a really big deal. Its the kind of move that is rarely made because it impugns your judgment as a GM. Im giving RB props for this... but there is a lot more accountability that needs to happen other than this before Id say things are heading in the right direction

I think you will see steps.......this is the first step, and they might wait to see how the team reacts on Thursday, if it's a shitty reaction, they move on to step 2 (waiving Edler, Walker? benching one of them etc) and then wait, and see that reaction etc,

It's a huge message to the team......

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I doubt TMac goes anywhere, but I am definitely growing very tired of his player utilization, especially in key situations like if we need a goal he believes sending Kopitar and Doughty out there are the solution. Like, what ghosts are still haunting this guy that he thinks Kopi and Doughty are the 2014 clutch demons he remembers in his nightmares?

Cal was inevitable. The guy is mentally broken and devastated. You can just see it in his eyes. He is one of the most defeated individuals I've ever seen on the ice in a Kings uniform. At least Cloutier had some f*** you in his game. Like I am not bad, they're bad. I mean, the denial would be toxic, but I would take the denial at this point over the complete and utter defeatism that is in his game. He literally believes that he can't stop a beachball at this point.

You hope that he can kill it in the minors, regain his game, and somehow come back and be at least a good backup option or even a miracle #1 redemption arc, but at this point, I have him completely written off. I mean, him killing in in the AHL with a defense better than the current LA roster :sarcasm: is like LaBarbera being this amazing option that we can't call up because he would get claimed because he is so good. It is a mirage oasis.

Last edited:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Fire Todd and trade for an LD. Then I will say today comfortably that Blake has not lost sight of the mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad