Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
ELC years are important, but most important is that 40 game mark.

I wonder what the deal with Byfield will be because of the AHL allowance with COVID. If Clarke stays up, yeah it burns an ELC year. But if they send him down between game 10 and 40, that year doesn't count towards UFA accrual. Since Byfield didn't go back to Junior I'm wondering if that first year when he went to the AHL is treated the same? I would think it would be, but not positive.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
100%, now would you rather him play in the AHL this year.....or the NHL....given how well Kupari looks

I mean you know what I think, they’ve mishandled those two anyway. Byfield shouldn’t stay in the AHL because of Kupari; Kupari should never have been down in the first place.

QB should serve his conditioning stint and come right back to that spot. If not, they should never have had him there in the first place.

It’s easy for Kupari to look good since they gave him Fiala. Byfield also looked like a monster when he was next to Iafallo and Vilardi. He shouldn’t lose his job because he got sick And Kupari is showing well. If he does, it’s just the organization showing again they have no clue what they have because they’re going “oh wait Kupari is actually good” like no shit you idiots sent him down to begin with…

But if they’re just going to call Byfield up to give him 10 minutes of ice next to JAD and whatever call up du jour is here with no PP time, then yeah, let him rip up the AHL as 1C. I’m not a fan of that move, but it’s probably better for his development than dumbass Todd treating him like a fourth line journeyman vet.

ELC years are important, but most important is that 40 game mark.

I wonder what the deal with Byfield will be because of the AHL allowance with COVID. If Clarke stays up, yeah it burns an ELC year. But if they send him down between game 10 and 40, that year doesn't count towards UFA accrual. Since Byfield didn't go back to Junior I'm wondering if that first year when he went to the AHL is treated the same? I would think it would be, but not positive.

That’s a really good question. Worth asking the people in the know for sure…

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

One of the largest crypto exchanges, FTX, is on the verge of collapse.

Crypto.com's business can't be doing to well. They've spent an insane amount of money on advertising.

I'm not sure if Crypto.com paid the 700M fee for naming rights upfront, or if it's being processed in regular payments. If it's the latter, I wonder how long they'll be able to maintain payments.

I can't wait to get rid of the name.

head eyes

Oct 8, 2015

Crypto.com's business can't be doing to well. They've spent an insane amount of money on advertising.

I'm not sure if Crypto.com paid the 700M fee for naming rights upfront, or if it's being processed in regular payments. If it's the latter, I wonder how long they'll be able to maintain payments.

Crypto.com will be publishing their proof of reserves shortly.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021

It’s pretty much like when the northlands colosseum was renamed “Rexhall place”, and nobody gave a shit.

Staples forever baby.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Crypto.com will be publishing their proof of reserves shortly.
That doesn't mean anything as far as they're income though.

They're not publicly traded, so we don't know their earnings, but from Coinbase and RobinHood we can see crypto trading has fallen off a cliff from where it was when Crypto.com purchased the naming rights.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
So TM trying to play Fiala on the first line, since Fiala is a first line player, equates to TM being an idiot? That’s what I got out of your post….
When has Fiala ever been a first line player, other than the three weeks he struggled here?

He has been a 2nd/3rd liner his entire career, he finally broke out last year on with two kids on Minnesota's 2nd line playing with kids. He has never been asked to carry a team, never faced the oppositions best players and never been a real threat on the powerplay.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
When has Fiala ever been a first line player, other than the three weeks he struggled here?

He has been a 2nd/3rd liner his entire career, he finally broke out last year on with two kids on Minnesota's 2nd line playing with kids. He has never been asked to carry a team, never faced the oppositions best players and never been a real threat on the powerplay.
He's getting paid almost 8-mil per year, scored 85 points last season. That's almost 20 points more than our highest point producer last year. So tell me again how that doesn't equate to a first line player.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He's getting paid almost 8-mil per year, scored 85 points last season. That's almost 20 points more than our highest point producer last year. So tell me again how that doesn't equate to a first line player.

He literally did not play on Minnesota's top line vs. the toughest matchups, that was Kaprizov...much of his success in Minny was in the middle six and last year on the third line, much like in LA.

It's for sure top line-level production and a luxury to have but the point is he was put in softer roles to coax out production much like he is here since he's a bit of a chaos machine. THAT is good utilization, not square peg-round holing him onto a line he doesn't fit on.

Also scoring equivalency between teams doesn't work, he was actually Minnesota's SECOND-leading scorer, behind by 23 points.

This is one thing TM has done very well this year though, he's gotten Fiala into the right role and still given him big minutes. Now if only he'd allow the skilled kids to follow, I could shut the f*** up!

bmr

Jan 23, 2013

I told my friend I think Crypto.com arena will be losing its name in a 2-5 year timeframe. Too volatile and so much uncertainty surrounding what seems like one of the biggest Ponzi schemes ever.

He literally did not play on Minnesota's top line vs. the toughest matchups, that was Kaprizov...much of his success in Minny was in the middle six and last year on the third line, much like in LA.

It's for sure top line-level production and a luxury to have but the point is he was put in softer roles to coax out production much like he is here since he's a bit of a chaos machine. THAT is good utilization, not square peg-round holing him onto a line he doesn't fit on.

Also scoring equivalency between teams doesn't work, he was actually Minnesota's SECOND-leading scorer, behind by 23 points.

This is one thing TM has done very well this year though, he's gotten Fiala into the right role and still given him big minutes. Now if only he'd allow the skilled kids to follow, I could shut the f*** up!
Yeah - I really don't care if he produces on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th lines. The big difference this year is we have so much talent spread across the whole lineup. We basically gained two first line equivalent players in Vilardi and Fiala.

Last edited:

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Re Fiala - he's a weapon. Dont care where he is deployed - but I do like him on 3rd line since it means TM will even out the minutes. Our 1st line will not be dominant w Kopi there.. so instead of having a real dominant 1st line (which isnt possible).. we have 3 very solid lines giving the other coach a lot to think about with matchups.

Last edited:

bland

Jul 1, 2004

It means they think its likely his upward trend will continue and that he will become a first line player.

But, as we have seen, its not easy for skilled wingers to adapt to playing with Kopitar and that the reason the staff is criticized is that they just tried to force a similar poor fit with Kovalchuk and that anybody with any kind of experience could tell you that Fiala wasn't going to work there either.

Except, of course, this management team that just traded a first round pick and it's 3rd best prospect for a 2nd line player, paid him like a first liner, and now play him on the third line.

Get it? Never mind, of course you don't. I forgot, everything is fine here...

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
It means they think its likely his upward trend will continue and that he will become a first line player.

But, as we have seen, its not easy for skilled wingers to adapt to playing with Kopitar and that the reason the staff is criticized is that they just tried to force a similar poor fit with Kovalchuk and that anybody with any kind of experience could tell you that Fiala wasn't going to work there either.

Except, of course, this management team that just traded a first round pick and it's 3rd best prospect for a 2nd line player, paid him like a first liner, and now play him on the third line.

Kopi not going to be here forever & Fiala was more a target of opportunity. Get while he's available & work into a better position later as the team evolves over the next few seasons.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I know I will cringe the next time I see him get hit on the ice. Hopefully it won't be an issue going forward.
Agreed.. he got hurt approx 7 months ago - and just now getting back into action.. thats a long friggin time to be unable to play. Byram had similar thing go one with him, and he is back and solid now - so hope Turcotte follows same pattern.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021

*Third best prospect that was likely going to Blake Wheeler the shit out of us.

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019

Here's 5 on 5:
1668120313427.png

Reactions: BringTheReign

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Kopi not going to be here forever & Fiala was more a target of opportunity. Get while he's available & work into a better position later as the team evolves over the next few seasons.
Which is exactly why I suggested he play with Byfield all summer, but the Super Fans said "you don't pay a player $7 million to play on the third line" because, you know, they have the organization's back and we are just miserable over here being right all the time...

*Third best prospect that was likely going to Blake Wheeler the shit out of us.
He didn't sign with Minnesota yet either.

All indications are that he just wanted to stay in school.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

Couldn't agree more. Hope it all falls down. Wonder who might be interested in the naming rights afterwards?

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
He didn't sign with Minnesota yet either.

All indications are that he just wanted to stay in school.
Blake's 4D chess. Trade him to Minnesota where he'll want to sign with a different team. Then he can sign with the Kings as a free agent.

• Wow
Reactions: lumbergh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad