Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
The problem is that the longer you wait on him, the less the return becomes. The only way his return skyrockets is if he suddenly puts together a full year or two of great hockey with no injuries and, at that point, why do you trade him? The flip side of that scenario is that he continues to struggle to get healthy, gets in a couple of games, gets injured again, then his value is absolutely non-existent. He's a part of a trade, he's not the centerpiece. Not at this point.
Well you have a point... it could go either way... but assets are depleting rapidly. Faber and last years 1st are gone. Turcotte 5th overall, if he is just a piece in a trade, its like getting a 2nd or 3rd rounder back. Turcotte to me could be a great 3rd line center.. Byfield who is not a 3C will hopefully graduate from that to 2nd line by next year. AT has the tenacity that you want - a guy that will hound pucks, hound the other team, win board battles. im not sure Id like to see him develop elsewhere... but if he is key to getting pieces we need this year, I guess Id live with it.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I love the people mentioning Soucy. I start that package with Durzi and JAD and do it sooner then later to see how he fits. If he fits contract talks can happen. If he doesn't re-sign we lost two players that are repetitive. I know the dude on a good team is a third pairing guy that offers size and little offence but he dishes hits, blocks shots and kills penalties. We could use him. Edler on the third pairing is looking rather ragged and is skating in cement. The last few games he has killed offensive drives by taking weak ass wrist shots from the blueline right at the goalie.

Just think its time to balance out the lineup a bit and instill a bit more defence into the game.
Give me some Soucy now! 4 points in 11 games, on pace for 30 points this season. Led his team in +/- every season from 2018-2021, tied for 2nd on the Kraken this season. I want to see this on the back end yesterday:

Anderson-Doughty
Clarke-Roy
Soucy-Walker
Edler

By the way, at even strength the Clarke Roy combo has produced 4 goals for, 0 against, in all of 8:16 played together. Bizarre. Roy hasn't looked good with anyone else, and Clarke isn't great with anyone else, but when together they're world-beaters.

Reactions: BringTheReign

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Ivan Provorov
Carson Soucy
Mario Ferraro
Vlad Gavrikov
Brendan Dillon
Ilya Lybushkin
(And of course Jacob Chychrun)

My list of the most obvious LD trade targets. Their capabilities, salaries, term, and fit vary.

The more I think about it, the more I want Ferraro out of San Jose. He’s not a monster but is young, signed to term, logs a ton of ice in all situations and throws the body. If there’s a chance San Jose is selling on guys like him during whatever the hell it is they are doing over there, we should be a frontrunner.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Give me some Soucy now! 4 points in 11 games, on pace for 30 points this season. Led his team in +/- every season from 2018-2021, tied for 2nd on the Kraken this season. I want to see this on the back end yesterday:

Anderson-Doughty
Clarke-Roy
Soucy-Walker
Edler

By the way, at even strength the Clarke Roy combo has produced 4 goals for, 0 against, in all of 8:16 played together. Bizarre. Roy hasn't looked good with anyone else, and Clarke isn't great with anyone else, but when together they're world-beaters.
That is interesting. Solid stay at home guy with an offensive threat. Makes sense.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Can easily see why they re-signed Edler but the poor dude is just toast after that leg injury. He really should be the #7 now, he just has zero mobility. May as well see what Moverare has to offer in some extended time since we need size/reach at LHD.

Reactions: funky

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
That is interesting. Solid stay at home guy with an offensive threat. Makes sense.
Soucy winding up his deal this year - Seattle may wait til the deadline to maximize value - or re-sign him.. im sure if the right offer is made its quite doable.. i wouldnt want to overpay tho

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Well you have a point... it could go either way... but assets are depleting rapidly. Faber and last years 1st are gone. Turcotte 5th overall, if he is just a piece in a trade, its like getting a 2nd or 3rd rounder back. Turcotte to me could be a great 3rd line center.. Byfield who is not a 3C will hopefully graduate from that to 2nd line by next year. AT has the tenacity that you want - a guy that will hound pucks, hound the other team, win board battles. im not sure Id like to see him develop elsewhere... but if he is key to getting pieces we need this year, I guess Id live with it.
I hear you but, Turcotte is also becoming the odd guy out because...where do you put him? Best case scenario, Byfield becomes a beast and takes over the 1st line. Now you still have Kopitar for at least one more year. You've got Danault for another several years also.

So you've got three Centers for two years who Turcotte isn't going to replace. He could slot in on a wing of course, but who is he replacing on the top two or three lines? Moore is a FA after this year but you imagine, if they don't resign him, AK is going to slide into that spot or push someone else into that spot. Maybe they trade Arvidsson and Durzi and a spot then opens up? There's just not a lot of room for the guy.

I'm just not sure he's someone in the long term plans for the team at this point. They're asking themselves the same question(s) we are. Is he better served as an asset to shore up a weak spot on the team like a #3 or #4 LD or as a 2nd or 3rd line guy like a Trevor Lewis? Which does this team need more of?

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
I don't think assets are depleting rapidly...yet. They really are going to need to maximize the return on some of these guys so they will need to marinade in the AHL for a bit. Hopefully we end up in another Jack Johnson/Jeff Carter type situation.

I think a very solid LHD is all we need to really make a big difference on the defensive end. Soucy is definitely a guy I would target. Not sure if Seattle is open to trading him or what we would need to offer. I figure Blake is going to see what this team looks like in 20-25 games and then make a move. Gotta see if this defense/goaltending calms down or if it becomes a recurring issue. There are some new components to the team this year that are figuring out how to best work together. If Clarke stays up, I also think he will be a big influence. Out of all of our RHD, who are you guys most likely to make available in a trade?

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I hear you but, Turcotte is also becoming the odd guy out because...where do you put him? Best case scenario, Byfield becomes a beast and takes over the 1st line. Now you still have Kopitar for at least one more year. You've got Danault for another several years also.

So you've got three Centers for two years who Turcotte isn't going to replace. He could slot in on a wing of course, but who is he replacing on the top two or three lines? Moore is a FA after this year but you imagine, if they don't resign him, AK is going to slide into that spot or push someone else into that spot. Maybe they trade Arvidsson and Durzi and a spot then opens up? There's just not a lot of room for the guy.

I'm just not sure he's someone in the long term plans for the team at this point. They're asking themselves the same question(s) we are. Is he better served as an asset to shore up a weak spot on the team like a #3 or #4 LD or as a 2nd or 3rd line guy like a Trevor Lewis? Which does this team need more of?
Id think the center depth post Kopitar/Lizotte contracts would be Danault-Byfield-Turcotte-Helenius. Still think Kupari is better on the wing. If they think Pinelli or Thomas make Turcotte expendable, Kopitar will keep playing, or a ufa like Matthews could possibly want to play for the Kings then they can make a move. If they do trade him Id hope its in a package for a really good left dman or a goalie prospect like Askarov/Wallstedt.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

Got it.. Well he could slot in somewhere on the bottom 6th for a couple of years... for sure could replace lizotte or lemieux. I guess my point is, I dont see it as he couldnt find a spot on this team and must be moved. So Id wait it out for a great deal.

dman3474

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
Let's make sure Turcotte is healthy for more than a few weeks before we move him for a third round pick.

Defense that should be available to trade for an upgrade (choose any two)
Roy
Durzi
Walker
Edler

Same with forwards (choose one from each group)
Arvidsson
Iafallo
Moore

Lizotte
Grundstrom
JAD

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Vilardi taking the step he has, Byfield’s massive upside, and Kupari steadily progressing definitely increase the chances.
Eh. I think everything except this is true.

Love that Jon Rosen did more reporting in one day than the last three years of the kings garbage we’ve dealt with

Reactions: Maynard

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Time to let Byfield slip away now:

Byfield to Avs for Girard, firstrounder and Francouz.

Then ship Quick, Walker, Turcotte, Grans and a firstrounder to the Coyotes for Jacob Chychrun. Cup run.

Adrian Kempe - Anze Kopitar - Kevin Fiala
Alex Iafallo - Phillip Danault - Viktor Arvidsson
Trevor Moore - Gabriel Vilardi - Arthur Kaliyev
Brendan Lemieux - Blake Lizotte - Carl Grundström
Rasmus Kupari

Jacob Chychrun - Drew Doughty
Samuel Girard - Matt Roy
Mikey Anderson - Sean Durzi
Alexander Edler - Brandt Clarke

Cal Petersen
Pavel Francouz

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016

Then ship Quick, Walker, Turcotte, Grans and a firstrounder to the Coyotes for Jacob Chychrun. Cup run.

Rasmus Kupari

Samuel Girard - Matt Roy

Cal Petersen
Pavel Francouz
Not a chance

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

Rasmus Kupari

Samuel Girard - Matt Roy

Cal Petersen
Pavel Francouz

Is this the ghost of George Maguire? What a horrendous proposal.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Mikey, staying
Doughty, staying
Clarke, not moving
Roy, most useful of remaining D
Walker, no value, injury
Edler, no value, injury
Durzi???

Spence, Bjornfot don't see moving
Moverare, no value

So Durzi for a LD. Who needs a PP QB?

Seattle is 3rd in division today, they aren't trading us Soucy.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels

200w.gif

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

Rasmus Kupari

Samuel Girard - Matt Roy

Cal Petersen
Pavel Francouz
I think you can go to your Colorado board with proposals like this.

You might get better reaction there.

P.S. How many times you can hear that Kings do not want/need Girard?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

Rasmus Kupari

Samuel Girard - Matt Roy

Cal Petersen
Pavel Francouz
not even f***ing close

Reactions: BringTheReign

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

Lots of options still, the funny part is that you’re even bringing this up like the guy is knocking on the door.
He’s suffered back to back concussions and is probably still recovering. If he plays well for part of this season you give him another cup of coffee and it would t hurt to have him spend a full season in the AHL to try and continue his development. People were still debating about Vilardi coming into the season.
As far as making room, we’ll we have a fourth line that could be upgraded, I don’t see Arvy being a LT fit here nor should he be as that slot could go to AK or Kupari. I love Moore but he has Hagel value and could be a key piece in acquiring an impact LHD.

Kempe - Kopitar - Vilardi
Moore/XXX - Danault - Arvy/XXX
Fiala - Byfield - Kupari
Grundstrom/XXX - Lizotte/XXX - Kaliyev/XX

That’s four potential spots with AK moving up to replace Arvy

Reactions: kinghock

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009

Rasmus Kupari

Samuel Girard - Matt Roy

Cal Petersen
Pavel Francouz
okay ... put down the internet .. and walk away slowly .. hands off the keyboard .. your on time out

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

Rasmus Kupari

Samuel Girard - Matt Roy

Cal Petersen
Pavel Francouz
I have a better trade for you from Kings point of view.

Time to let Byram slip away now:

Byram to Kings for Durzi, first rounder and Arvidsson

Then ship Toews for Iafallo, Walker and JAD.

It is really making Colorado a better team.

• Haha
Reactions: AbsentMojo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad