Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I don't think Petersen fell off a cliff, but more so that Blake overvalued Petersen and gave him that ill advised contract. If Petersen had been given a bridge deal and failed, the Kings would have $2 - 3 million more in salary cap space right now.

They gave him a bridge deal in 2019.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
They gave him a bridge deal in 2019.
How is 858k cap hit a bridge deal? A bridge to what? $5M? That’s a hell of a bridge. His cap hit was higher on his ELC. But sure, Blake can’t be blamed for making a bad decision. Must just be bad luck.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
How is 858k cap hit a bridge deal? A bridge to what? $5M? That’s a hell of a bridge. His cap hit was higher on his ELC. But sure, Blake can’t be blamed for making a bad decision. Must just be bad luck.

Because it was his 2nd contract, for 3 years, after the ELC, which took him to UFA status?

dman3474

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
If he pulls a move hopefully it is one out of left field because everything that's out there stinks.

3C and 3LD are the targets to upgrade that are going to help slot the roster into an ideal lineup. From my scan of the league, Ottawa looks like the prime dumpster for Blake to wade through.

Brassard and Holden check the boxes from the Kings perspective. Cap hit is under $2M combined and they fit into the bottom of the lineup nicely. Both improve size and grit over options like Kupari and Bjornfot. Plus both complement guys like Edler and Lizotte without making ripples in the room. They are safe options for Todd to work in the lineup.

Going the other way, I think you send out 3 contracts and take back two. That’s to show you’re serious about a deal. So the package is a 2024 2nd, one of JAD or Bjornfot, and a 2023 3rd.
It would be nice to get Sogaard or Mandolese from them too

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
If he pulls a move hopefully it is one out of left field because everything that's out there stinks.

It would be nice to get Sogaard or Mandolese from them too

Mandolese maybe but Sogaard is their future between the pipes and that future could be as early as next season. He’s looked pretty good during his recent stretch between the pipes.

They also have Merilainen who’s been strong this year with Karpat. Nice rebound from him after playing in Kingston (OHL) last year. Wasn’t overly impressed from what I had seen of him when they came to play Hamilton and I had a chance to watch him. But the Dogs made lots of goalies look silly last year, they had a stacked club.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
And Petersen wasn't 18, 19, or 20 when he signed here the first time.
1677551870850.gif

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Pulled up some numbers for the trade section. They love numbers over there.
Cal makes 11M in next two years.
Chychrun makes 12.4 M over the next two years.

AZ wants to move 12M in salary out without taking money back. That is more than a Cal level dump.

Chychrun also has a 1M bonus this summer. With as broke as AZ is, that's probably the deadline for BA to move Chychrun.

Kaliyev 41 games, 11 goals, PP2 & Durzi doesn't pass to him. 😂

Chychrun 36 games 7 goals despite getting PP1 time & fed to boost his stats.

Why pay for Chychrun's offense when the King's have a cheaper option on the PP & can pick up a better defender for fewer assets?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Well since people have a habit of not giving a damn about important details or variables or contexts when debating topics around here, I don't know that you know that Petersen was older than usual prospects, and that the 2nd contract he got was about as bridge a contract as he was going to get, since that contract kicked in when he was 25, not 22 or 23.

Petersen didn't go from the ELC to the $5m deal. There was a contract between those two, and it acted like some sort of connecting mechanism.

Best-Gif-For-Youre-Welcome-Day1.gif

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Because it was his 2nd contract, for 3 years, after the ELC, which took him to UFA status?

There were also strong rumors that a few teams were very interested in him, and he didn't want to have to match an offer sheet. It was market value for him, give or take 500k. Nobody expected him to drop off like he did, especially Blake.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Lately the kings have been linked to Ekholm. Not sure if I like that cap hit or his age.
Unless someone like Edmonton gets desperate, I can't imagine them being able to move him without retaining at least 33%. If he can stay as a solid 2nd pairing dman the rest of the way, that would be solid value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad