Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Cap, Edler getting older, Toby almost certainly gets a spot.

Really wonder if Chabot is available. Ott has some big contracts coming up next year. He is due a raise in real money. They can replace him internally. Ott GM was scouting the King's a while back & they're looking for a RD. King's have cap they can send back.
I think Chabot is redundant if Clarke is on the team. He's not capable of being the leading defensive defenseman on his pair, and he never took the step everyone thought he would after he signed his big extension.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Problem is in the off-season they need not one, but two LHD, Tobi isn't doing himself any favors, after that internally the pickings are slim.

As for goaltending, I've wondered if Jeremy Swayman would be an option, particularly if they are able to extend Pastrnak at $10M+ they won't be able to afford at 3.5-4M backup. (that being a potential offer sheet number)
he's not doing himself favors cause he's not getting any ice time.

Reactions: go4hockey

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
"Spence is up to 35 points with Ontario in 42 games (3-32-35), seven shy of where he finished a year ago with 42 points in 46 games."

Cryote fans:
'We don't want Spence + 1st + pick/prospect for Chychrun. How dare you!? We deserve Clarke!"

* But I'm over here like... I don't think we should trade either for him. :nono:

* Sign a goalie and trade/sign a bigger LHD who can bang some bodies, drop the mitts if need be.
its mainly just RT, guy is a bonafide idiot. last year he was going on how he take comtois and zellweger over vilardi and clarke... that said i really hope we dont move spence.

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Zissou

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
that's part of it. But when he does draw-in, he doesn't give them a reason to want to put him out there again.

In yesterday's game, Bjornfot:

Was 3rd among defensemen for CF% Rel.

Was even for GF%.

Had the lowest expected GA for all defensemen

Was on the ice for only a single high danger chance against

He and Walker were great, they were on the ice for 8 shots for and 2 against.

He was one of our best defensemen at even strength, can't ask for much more than that from your 3rd pairing LD.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016

Was even for GF%.

He was one of our best defensemen at even strength, can't ask for much more than that from your 3rd pairing LD.
Yea I thought he looked good and is better than Edler. People were uptight about his penalty and wrote him off cause of one play. It was pretty borderline and they called it in a game management reffing situation.
Hard to fault a guy who doesnt play in the nhl for months at a time and has to adjust to the nhl speed perfectly. He had to stand guy a up at the blue line and he didnt get burned so thats the bright side. Just his timing on plays like that will get better with playing more.

tws38

May 15, 2020
Dude, you work in the same building.
Probably only looks at the stats on the main screen and doesn’t concern himself of the banners that hang or will hang there. That’s the only place you would see anything Kings-related at a Lakers game, right?

Reactions: mysterman2

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021

Was even for GF%.

So you're saying bus ride down the 10?

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
Dude, you work in the same building.
08037A99-3BF2-4564-B54D-14A5612EED91.jpeg

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
That newscaster should not touch an issue of Sports Illustrated. The ball, err puck, Brad Doty..Jesus.
At least she never pretended to know what she was talking about. LOL.

That DDT attempt by Doan was pretty bad though…

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009

Was even for GF%.

"But Edler" - Todd Mclellan.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
The whole plan for Toby as stated by management/coaching was to be in the AHL this year to gain more confidence and work on his offensive game. It's not surprising to me that he hasn't been called up to stay, and I fully expect him to be on the roster next year.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
“The Kings are in L.A., right? There’s two Kings in L.A.”

Really LeBaron ? :huh:

I still don’t understand why this guy is given so much media attention for stuff that has nothing to do with basketball. Guys like Brady, Jordan, Trout, Mahomes, Kobe never were, I just don’t get it. The guy is clearly not a very intelligent person, and that is fine, he was blessed with alltime athletic ability to more than make up for it. But why is his opinion on world events, other sports, politics etc always magnified? I’ll never forget when ESPN had him call in the day of the Boston marathon bombing to get his opinions.
The whole plan for Toby as stated by management/coaching was to be in the AHL this year to gain more confidence and work on his offensive game. It's not surprising to me that he hasn't been called up to stay, and I fully expect him to be on the roster next year.
If they were worried about his offensive game improving they could have kept him in Sweden as an 18 year old instead of a year in the AHL and then the NHL at 19. It’s not surprising that his offensive game has never developed, yet another Kings prospect who's ceiling was damaged in the AHL.

Last edited:

ibleedkings

Rob Fake
Jul 19, 2004
Santa Clarita
I still don’t understand why this guy is given so much media attention for stuff that has nothing to do with basketball. Guys like Brady, Jordan, Trout, Mahomes, Kobe never were, I just don’t get it. The guy is clearly not a very intelligent person, and that is fine he was blessed with alltime athletic ability to make up for it. But why is his opinion on world events, other sports, politics etc always magnified? I’ll never forget when ESPN had him call in the day of the Boston marathon bombing to get his opinions.

If they were worried about his offensive game improving they could have kept him in Sweden as an 18 year old instead of a year in the AHL and then the NHL at 19. It’s not surprising that his offensive game has never developed, yet another Kings prospect who has gained very little in Ontario.
They don't call him Le-Fraud for nothing.

Last edited:

dman3474

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
I wonder if Carter Hart is available and what the ask would be. They seem like Ersson is going to be the next big thing there and need picks and prospects for whatever their "rebuild" looks like.

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
Scouting Bjornfot as a draft eligible...he was a mid-sized relatively tough and quite competitive D with good mobility and first pass. Sturdy but not tall. Good awareness both ways (defensive and offensive) but it was quite clear even in junior that he didn't have significant NHL offensive upside. At his peak, some 30 pts seasons were conceivable as a projection, but it was clear he wasn't going to move the needle offensively. Still, he had good IQ, good first pass and mobility with the puck to skate it out as well. I felt his upside range was anywhere from #3-#5 D depending on how much of the offense he could squeeze out of that, but was leaning more towards a #4-#5. At the time I actually liked the Bjornfot pick unlike the Kupari pick. He also showed good intangibles in terms of stepping up in key moments, playing bigger than his size and all-around compete level. His hockey IQ always seemed better than his pure offensive production as well. Anyways that was in his draft year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad