Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
It seems like a trade between LA and Arizona is going to be more of a quantity than a quality one.

I feel this way as well. No one on the Kings who is available is a sure thing, and I'm thinking Arizona would want picks over prospects if they don't get a roster guy. I do think Pinelli would be something they would covet, so I would expect him to be involved. Bjornfot has been up and down. Spence has been in the A, so there isn't any surety that he will translate.

I really think they'll want more picks so they are in control of the return, rather than risk getting burned.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
This is the issue I see as well. With Faber being traded over the summer it kind of removed the only young player that kind of fit into the Goldilocks zone that would make a trade like this easier. The big 2 are to valuable to trade for a guy like JC, but is anyone else good enough to be the centerpiece of a deal for the Yotes? Perhaps Spence, and I like Spence a lot but he still is an undersized defenseman that is going to have to be shielded a bit at the NHL level.

Beyond that, Turcotte’s value has cratered with the injuries and lack of high end play, same with Grans, his value is down from where it was a year ago. Would the Kings consider moving Kaliyev? They seem to have issues finding a consistent roster spot for him, but he has a big goal-scoring ceiling. Would they consider moving Vilardi? And even if they would, does Arizona want to pay him after this season based on 35 games of good play?

It seems like a trade between LA and Arizona is going to be more of a quantity than a quality one.
But then that even takes a hit Herby, no roster players will be moved….
I could see them maybe asking for Kirsanov who scouts are comparing to a you Marc Edouard Vlasic. Maybe Blake even included some of the guys that won’t make it here like Madden or college kids?
I really don’t like them trading away 1st rounders but if they do it should be with NBA rules, which is to say they shouldn’t trade consecutive 1st’s

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
This is the issue I see as well. With Faber being traded over the summer it kind of removed the only young player that kind of fit into the Goldilocks zone that would make a trade like this easier. The big 2 are to valuable to trade for a guy like JC, but is anyone else good enough to be the centerpiece of a deal for the Yotes? Perhaps Spence, and I like Spence a lot but he still is an undersized defenseman that is going to have to be shielded a bit at the NHL level.

Beyond that, Turcotte’s value has cratered with the injuries and lack of high end play, same with Grans, his value is down from where it was a year ago. Would the Kings consider moving Kaliyev? They seem to have issues finding a consistent roster spot for him, but he has a big goal-scoring ceiling. Would they consider moving Vilardi? And even if they would, does Arizona want to pay him after this season based on 35 games of good play?

23 #1 pick
24#1 pick
23/24 #2 pick
Durzi
Spence
Fagemo
Bjornfot
Chromiak
Turcotte
JAD
Kupari
Pinielli
Laferriere

Walker
Grundstrom
Lemieux
Petersen

This is likely your roster of available assets.

I’d ask for i. e. 23 1, Spence, Kupari, and Grundstrom. (If I had to take on money)

Reactions: Vote4Lubo

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

maybe i'm overreaching and mixing up the chronology here but kaliyev's movement has seemed more to me a result of the "getting kopi going" cycle

fiala didn't really work cause he's miscast there, gabe got em going a bit, kaliyev was the fill-in while gabe was hurt? then QB promotion is to get him going

not sure in the long term we don't see QB slotted back to center with kaliyev on the 1st?

i guess regardless it's a good problem to have since the 2nd line has been stable at worst

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

I love this trade proposal.

You guys wanna trade Byfield, Chromiak and Fagemo for Demko, McCabe and Jack Johnson?

Vote4Lubo

Axl's other other account
Feb 28, 2016
Antarctica
23 #1 pick
24#1 pick
23/24 #2 pick
Durzi
Spence
Fagemo
Bjornfot
Chromiak
Turcotte
JAD
Kupari
Pinielli
Laferriere

Walker
Grundstrom
Lemieux
Petersen

I’d ask for i. e. 23 1, Spence, Kupari, and Grundstrom. (If I had to take on money)
Since Luc hired Bergevin I was expecting to see some head scratching trades all season(glad to see Blake keep him on a short leash) So I will fill in for his absence.

Turcotte, 23' 1st, Durzi, Walker - Chychrun( would like Jenik aswell as he and Kayliev had chemistry in jr's)

Iafallo, 23' 2nd, Grans - Tom Wilson(only a 2 year asset then hes a FA) Caps can get a better offer tho.

Byfield - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore -Danault -RV
Fiala - Vilardi - Wilson
Grundstrom - Kupari - Kalyiev extra: JAD, Lizo

Anderson - Doughty
Chychrun - Roy
Bjornfot - Spence
Moverare(Clarke next year)

Copley/Quick

Keep QB on 1st line, hes playing his best hockey with Kopitar. Move Vilardi back to C as his skating has improved. Wilson protects poor Lizotte from getting creamed every game. Send Lemieux down to protect the kids till season's end then let him free, and Edler retires at the TDL... We will have to roll with Copley/Peterson next year as no one will take on Pete's contract. Yanetti spends all of 23' draft picks to find a future goalie. That still leaves us with a decent stock pile of prospects in the system. Something along the lines of...

Chromiak - Lias - Fagemo (replacement for RV)
Thomas - Pinelli - Laferriere
Jamsen - Helenius - Lee
Lawrence - Hughes - Connors/Kasper/Dudas/Madden(our new T.J. Tynan)etc...

Nousiainen - Kirsanov (wishful thinking he comes over)
Meehan - Salin
Sparkes - Booth/ Braden O'Doyle rulz! etc...

Villalta/Parik/Markkanen...oof...Give Quick a job as goalie coach at seasons end

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Since Luc hired Bergevin I was expecting to see some head scratching trades all season(glad to see Blake keep him on a short leash) So I will fill in for his absence.

Turcotte, 23' 1st, Durzi, Walker - Chychrun( would like Jenik aswell as he and Kayliev had chemistry in jr's)

Iafallo, 23' 2nd, Grans - Tom Wilson(only a 2 year asset then hes a FA) Caps can get a better offer tho.

Byfield - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore -Danault -RV
Fiala - Vilardi - Wilson
Grundstrom - Kupari - Kalyiev extra: JAD, Lizo

Anderson - Doughty
Chychrun - Roy
Bjornfot - Spence
Moverare(Clarke next year)

Copley/Quick

Keep QB on 1st line, hes playing his best hockey with Kopitar. Move Vilardi back to C as his skating has improved. Wilson protects poor Lizotte from getting creamed every game. Send Lemieux down to protect the kids till season's end then let him free, and Edler retires at the TDL... We will have to roll with Copley/Peterson next year as no one will take on Pete's contract. Yanetti spends all of 23' draft picks to find a future goalie. That still leaves us with a decent stock pile of prospects in the system. Something along the lines of...

Chromiak - Lias - Fagemo (replacement for RV)
Thomas - Pinelli - Laferriere
Jamsen - Helenius - Lee
Lawrence - Hughes - Connors/Kasper/Dudas/Madden(our new T.J. Tynan)etc...

Nousiainen - Kirsanov (wishful thinking he comes over)
Meehan - Salin
Sparkes - Booth/ Braden O'Doyle rulz! etc...

Villalta/Parik/Markkanen...oof...Give Quick a job as goalie coach at seasons end
Fentanyl

Reactions: Piston and Gjwrams

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

You guys wanna trade Byfield, Chromiak and Fagemo for Demko, McCabe and Jack Johnson?
Boy do I! Wow!!

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
23 #1 pick
24#1 pick
23/24 #2 pick
Durzi
Spence
Fagemo
Bjornfot
Chromiak
Turcotte
JAD
Kupari
Pinielli
Laferriere

Walker
Grundstrom
Lemieux
Petersen

I’d try to swap Pinelli for Kupari… he’s becoming a valuable piece of the future for us

Reactions: LAKings88

LeftKinger

Oct 20, 2022
Maybe Ingram is the one the Kings should trade for.

47 save shut out against Tampa. Then shuts us out.

He's hurting the Coyotes in the Bedard Sweepstakes. They need to get rid of him.

Cap hit is .750M. Pending RFA.

Since January he has a .929 SV%
I liked his confidence.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
This'll be our big trade deadline LHD splash.

los-angeles-kings-v-san-jose-sharks.jpg

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Honestly, unless it’s a Stecher type move for a LHD I say do nothing.

Plenty of LHD free agents this summer.

Graves
Soucy
Mikkola

Also probably easier to make a trade.

Main objective is to get a goalie of course.
Problem is in the off-season they need not one, but two LHD, Tobi isn't doing himself any favors, after that internally the pickings are slim.

As for goaltending, I've wondered if Jeremy Swayman would be an option, particularly if they are able to extend Pastrnak at $10M+ they won't be able to afford at 3.5-4M backup. (that being a potential offer sheet number)

Reactions: KingTech

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Problem is in the off-season they need not one, but two LHD, Tobi isn't doing himself any favors, after that internally the pickings are slim.

As for goaltending, I've wondered if Jeremy Swayman would be an option, particularly if they are able to extend Pastrnak at $10M+ they won't be able to afford at 3.5-4M backup. (that being a potential offer sheet number)
I’m pretty sure Toby gets a spot next year.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
"Spence is up to 35 points with Ontario in 42 games (3-32-35), seven shy of where he finished a year ago with 42 points in 46 games."

Cryote fans:
'We don't want Spence + 1st + pick/prospect for Chychrun. How dare you!? We deserve Clarke!"

* But I'm over here like... I don't think we should trade either for him. :nono:

* Sign a goalie and trade/sign a bigger LHD who can bang some bodies, drop the mitts if need be.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I realize Blake has said no to rentals, but if the Caps keep losing they might trade Orlov. He is the left-handed version of Voynov down to the own goal off his skates. The Caps only have Carlson signed for next season on D so they might view Walker + as a positive.

Next years Caps' UFA list, both forwards and defense, is actually quite insane.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC

Might as well throw in Clarke too.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
I’m pretty sure Toby gets a spot next year.
Cap, Edler getting older, Toby almost certainly gets a spot.

Really wonder if Chabot is available. Ott has some big contracts coming up next year. He is due a raise in real money. They can replace him internally. Ott GM was scouting the King's a while back & they're looking for a RD. King's have cap they can send back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad