Stupid Sexy Flanders

Feb 3, 2007
Value of our young players/prospects
Who is worth more in a trade, among:
•(F) JAD, Kupari, Turcotte, Fagemo, Pinelli, Laferriere​
I assume Byfield and Kaliyev untouchable​
•(D) Bjornfot, Moverare, Gaunce, Grans​
I assume Clarke and Spence untouchable​

And what could we get for F1+D1, or F2+D2, etc.

I'd offer Turcotte + Moverare for Carter Hart or a high-potential goalie.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan

The Kings waited to long to trade Turcotte. I would have done it after his disappointing freshman year when they drafted Byfield, and certainly when they signed Danault. Between Kopitar, Danault and QB there was just no room. They let his value slip down the last couple of years when maybe he could have been a chip to fix other holes on the roster, holes that are still big now. LD and goalie

I doubt Philly or anyone trades a good young goalie for him and Mo at this point.

The value is close between the forwards, I’d probably take Pinelli due to age and potential upside. But JAD and Kupari are decent fourth liners.

For the D I’d take Grans for upside and Bjornfot as more of a sure thing third pairing guy.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
On a random note, if someone is willing to make a simple explanation for analytics for me. Like general analytics and player analytics I’d be willing to pay like 25 bucks for it. I want to understand the numbers better and know what they mean but don’t know what any of the names mean. I just kinda know the basics but I just want a more cohesive understanding of it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
On a random note, if someone is willing to make a simple explanation for analytics for me. Like general analytics and player analytics I’d be willing to pay like 25 bucks for it. I want to understand the numbers better and know what they mean but don’t know what any of the names mean. I just kinda know the basics but I just want a more cohesive understanding of it.
www.LetMeGoogleThatForYou.com

• Haha
Reactions: Schrute farms

robitaillefan

Bababooey,Tatatoothy
Sep 7, 2005
BC, CANADA!
2012- carter
2014- gaborik
2023- Korpisalo?

Playing good on an awful team. The first two players above helped us make 2 great runs to the cup ….not saying this years team is the team, but could we scoop another from Columbus to get us over the hill?

Copley/Korpisalo is a intriguing combo

Reactions: Byfield

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The Kings waited to long to trade Turcotte. I would have done it after his disappointing freshman year when they drafted Byfield, and certainly when they signed Danault. Between Kopitar, Danault and QB there was just no room. They let his value slip down the last couple of years when maybe he could have been a chip to fix other holes on the roster, holes that are still big now. LD and goalie

I doubt Philly or anyone trades a good young goalie for him and Mo at this point.

The value is close between the forwards, I’d probably take Pinelli due to age and potential upside. But JAD and Kupari are decent fourth liners.

For the D I’d take Grans for upside and Bjornfot as more of a sure thing third pairing guy.

I'm sure mono had nothing to do with his "disappointing freshman year". How could the Kings have missed this when scouting him.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
2012- carter
2014- gaborik
2023- Korpisalo?

Playing good on an awful team. The first two players above helped us make 2 great runs to the cup ….not saying this years team is the team, but could we scoop another from Columbus to get us over the hill?

if the kings were to go after a goalie korpisalo is who'd i target, playing well on a shitty columbus team. only hitch would be the TM and blake not wanting to hurt quicks feelings by picking up another goalie.

Reactions: FSL KINGS

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
2012- carter
2014- gaborik
2023- Korpisalo?

He is a very good goalie to target. Pretty strong numbers for him this year. I think you will see him move come the deadline.

"According to Clear Sight Analytics, the 28-year-old is 1.9 saves above expected. This puts him in the same company as Igor Shesterkin, Ilya Sorokin and Jake Oettinger."

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The knock on Ingram was never ability, it was mindset.

Maybe he's grown out of it, who knows. It's a gamble. I'm not opposed to a gamble at this point as long as it's not sold as THE solution.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

We can sign Portillo for peanuts and he is as good as a goalie top prospect can be

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
The knock on Ingram was never ability, it was mindset.

Maybe he's grown out of it, who knows. It's a gamble. I'm not opposed to a gamble at this point as long as it's not sold as THE solution.
If Kal Petersen will be able to play every game in AHL like he did yesterday I think he will do just fine in NHL as well.

I could not believe what I observed from him yesterday.

My reaction watching him playing was who is this guy?

I have watched all his games in AHL this year, but this one stood out so much.

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
If Kal Petersen will be able to play every game in AHL like he did yesterday I think he will do just fine in NHL as well.

I was there in person and he played extremely well.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014

For Cal I firmly believe it’s about getting his head right. I didn’t see the game but the report is encouraging. If he gets his confidence back and trusts his technique there is still hope for him. Its still a big IF and I think if he comes back to the NHL he’d be better in a 1A/1B situation as the wheels started to come off when he was expected to be the guy. Just spit balling on my part though.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I'm sure mono had nothing to do with his "disappointing freshman year". How could the Kings have missed this when scouting him.

His freshman year certainly was "disappointing" for a #5 overall pick, look at what similarly drafted players have done at that level. You can blame mono, but I'll defer to the on-ice results, eye-test and production since then to say that it was just a player who's offensive upside game significantly over inflated by the entire scouting community coming out.

And what about the rest of the post? When you have Kopitar signed until 2024 at $10m, Danault signed until 2027 at $5.5m and you just drafted another center at #2 OA where was the role he was going to be slotted into?

His value in the summer of 2021 when they signed Danault was certainly not what it was when he was drafted, but draft pedigree seems to hang on for a few years and he probably had a mid to late 1st type value at that point and the Kings could have used him to shore up other parts of the NHL roster or system that were lacking. But instead they have tried to turn him into a middle six winger, because they don't have enough of those.

Reactions: Piston and YAYSAY

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
For Cal I firmly believe it’s about getting his head right. I didn’t see the game but the report is encouraging. If he gets his confidence back and trusts his technique there is still hope for him. Its still a big IF and I think if he comes back to the NHL he’d be better in a 1A/1B situation as the wheels started to come off when he was expected to be the guy. Just spit balling on my part though.

It was pretty obvious with Cal. He was pressing from an early part of the season - maybe feeling pressure to live up to his contract. You could see him pushing too much and getting way out of position. When he had a good game it was almost like a sigh of relief and hoping it would carry into the next game, but it never did. Personally speaking, I always perform my best when no one believes in me and the cards are stacked against, but not everyone responds to that. I'm thinking he probably won't get a chance until next season when he most likely pairs with Copley.

It's hard to tell when the right time is on some of these. One of Blake's best qualities has been being patient with the prospects, but sometimes we will get burned. I think the line of thinking with Turcotte is probably similar to Vilardi...let him marinade and see if he can realize some of the potential he was touted for, all while staying healthy. Don't count him out just yet.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
His freshman year certainly was "disappointing" for a #5 overall pick, look at what similarly drafted players have done at that level. You can blame mono, but I'll defer to the on-ice results, eye-test and production since then to say that it was just a player who's offensive upside game significantly over inflated by the entire scouting community coming out.

And what about the rest of the post? When you have Kopitar signed until 2024 at $10m, Danault signed until 2027 at $5.5m and you just drafted another center at #2 OA where was the role he was going to be slotted into?

His value in the summer of 2021 when they signed Danault was certainly not what it was when he was drafted, but draft pedigree seems to hang on for a few years and he probably had a mid to late 1st type value at that point and the Kings could have used him to shore up other parts of the NHL roster or system that were lacking. But instead they have tried to turn him into a middle six winger, because they don't have enough of those.
Hyndsight is 20/20.
Maybe you have posts that show you said this after his frosh year.
Mono is serious.
Turc was looking solid coming out of World Jrs.
We have seen how Blake drafts, he takes centers and bumps them to the wing when needed.
Blake never sells low or early.
He hangs on and rides out development, keeps salaries down.
Kind of an alternative universe post.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Screw Vejmelka and JC, lets go after these two if Nashville continues to dive.

jan-14-sabres-at-predators.jpg

Reactions: FSL KINGS

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
And what would a 5 goal winger do for the Kings and which line would he play?
And who is the other guy, Is that Forsberg?
Calling Tanner Jeannot 5 goal winger after having a 24 goal/40 point/130PIM season is extremely ignorant. He'd add toughness that this team has none of.

Also that other guy is Jeremy Lauzon.

• Love
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad