Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

I like it for Toronto. This makes them a legit contender. They need to go for it NOW. f*** the future.

ROR is an elite playoff center at both ends of the ice.

Reactions: BringTheReign

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013

I like it for Toronto. This makes them a legit contender. They need to go for it NOW. f*** the future.

ROR is an elite playoff center at both ends of the ice.

Would he even play center in Toronto? They've been needing a top six winger more than anything else.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
How many potential suitors are left for Chychrun? Not many.

I think us and Edmonton are the main ones. I expect the Oilers will pull the trigger on a move soon. Gavrikov or McCabe makes the most sense for them honestly.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017

I think us and Edmonton are the main ones. I expect the Oilers will pull the trigger on a move soon. Gavrikov or McCabe makes the most sense for them honestly.
supposedly kings and bruins, with edmonton outside looking it.

Reactions: Piedmont

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Two good adds for Toronto. No Kane for them.
Kane may need his hip cleaned up in the off-season & his numbers aren't great on what is left of the Hawks. Scaring teams off.
Would he even play center in Toronto? They've been needing a top six winger more than anything else.
Perry taking pajama boy (can't remember his name right now) out really hurt them one year. Beefing up at center in case of injury is never a bad idea. King's had Carter on the wing for a few years.
coytoes are running out of trade partners for chych. stop dicking around blake and get it done.
I'd be more shocked at this point if the trade actually went down. Last year where AZ just wasted everyone's time, is what I'm expecting.

Bruins, but saw something about them shifting to Gavrikov. AZ fans hoping for Lysell or Lohri. Well, they're hoping for both.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
You know who wont like getting Chychrun is Durzi (assumng he doesnt go other way).. it means he's off PP2 and 2nd pairing.
From what I've seen, AZ has Chychrun set up on his one time shot on the PP & Ghost is the QB. Chychrun is going to take Kempe or Kaliyev's spot.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Instead of Chychrun, I wonder what the cost of McDonagh might be? Durzi + a pick or prospect?

Anderson - Doughty
McDonagh - Roy
Bjornfot - Walker
Edler, Spence

Reactions: FSL KINGS

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I’m curious to know who is supposedly being offered for trade with the Cryotes.
You’d think the deal would take a big hit with Turcotte being injured but according to pundits we’re still in the drivers seat. Does that mean he’s not part of the trade and if so, then what other forward is the equivalent of a 1st??? Does Pinelli qualify? We know no one on the roster is getting moved soooooo….

Pinelli
Grans
Chromiak
Spence
Fagemo
Bjornfot

Which two or possibly three prospect have enough value to complete a trade?

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
How about Patrik Nemeth instead of Chychrun? Stay at home big boy that is somehow only -1 after 50 games on the yotes? Is he any good?

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I’m curious to know who is supposedly being offered for trade with the Cryotes.
You’d think the deal would take a big hit with Turcotte being injured but according to pundits we’re still in the drivers seat. Does that mean he’s not part of the trade and if so, then what other forward is the equivalent of a 1st??? Does Pinelli qualify? We know no one on the roster is getting moved soooooo….

Pinelli
Grans
Chromiak
Spence
Fagemo
Bjornfot

Which two or possibly three prospect have enough value to complete a trade?
This is the issue I see as well. With Faber being traded over the summer it kind of removed the only young player that kind of fit into the Goldilocks zone that would make a trade like this easier. The big 2 are to valuable to trade for a guy like JC, but is anyone else good enough to be the centerpiece of a deal for the Yotes? Perhaps Spence, and I like Spence a lot but he still is an undersized defenseman that is going to have to be shielded a bit at the NHL level.

Beyond that, Turcotte’s value has cratered with the injuries and lack of high end play, same with Grans, his value is down from where it was a year ago. Would the Kings consider moving Kaliyev? They seem to have issues finding a consistent roster spot for him, but he has a big goal-scoring ceiling. Would they consider moving Vilardi? And even if they would, does Arizona want to pay him after this season based on 35 games of good play?

It seems like a trade between LA and Arizona is going to be more of a quantity than a quality one.

Reactions: Fishhead

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Looking at the cap for next year & filling out the roster with guys making around 1M & bridging Vilardi, the King's should be right at about the cap. Vilardi will probably go with the bridge because he doesn't have the track record to cash in on a long term deal & will want to show more before signing a lengthy contract.

Ottawa was scouting the King's a while back. They are looking at RD. They are looking at a better option than Walker. Roy or Durzi could be fits. Roy is an interesting case. He is a good D on a 3M contract for the next season. Getting a D that good at that price is going to be difficult. Why move Roy? The Durzi, Roy pair isn't ideal & with Durzi, Clarke, Spence coming, Roy almost had to go unless someone is stuck on their off side. Seems like a toss up.

If Walker & Roy are moved in the off-season, there is about 5M to work with for a UFA D, unless one of the 4M forwards is moved. King's brought in Mitchell & Scuderi by slightly overpaying them. Are there UFA's that are an upgrade on Roy for less than 5M? There are left-handed dedenders that may be a better fit. King's management have been looking at a left defender, do they move Roy & Walker or one of Iafallo or Ardvidsson to fit the D?

Cal: home run would be trading for Saros or Binninton. That doesn't reduce the cap number, but improves the team. Most likely is they give Cal another shot due to the cost to move him and there are easier options after riding out another year. Finding a goalie for 2-3M to platoon with Pheonix could also be an option if Cal doesn't recover.

The cap seems pretty set for next year. Any salary in will need to be trimmed from somewhere. Easy spots are Iafallo, Ardvidsson or move some D out & replace with younger options. Just food for thought.

The year after there will be more space with a couple big contracts expiring. King's can start competing as soon as they patch a couple of holes. How does Blake get there with his current cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad