Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
I think we are going to see some bottom six players and older prospects moved. There are too many people competing for too few of spots and we have a lot of redundant players.
Lemieux
Arvidson
Walker
Iafollo
Like you said older prospects
Durzi trade bait?

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Great deal. I’d have taken that on a 4 year deal. He‘s the type of player whose game ages well. He’s not overly physica, nor does he rely on blistering pace. He’s a smart, consistent D with untapped upside. Yes, it’s a lot of term but the cap will be much higher at the back end of it, and the salary wouldn’t be a major issue if you wanted to move him.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
If they keep Cal in Ontario, which they should, that’s around $1.2 mill which should be enough for either Kupari or JAD.. also, Tonka needs to be moved
They'll need to get another net minder if they keep him in the ahl

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I want Kupari to stay lol
I think Kupari is also staying.
I want to him stay as well, but I figure that he has to be the most coveted prospect by other teams and you gotta give to get

I want to sing this everytime he scores for the next 15 years , but i can't see a scenario where he isn't the guy teams ask for if Byfield and Clarke are off the table

Kuuuuuuu-paaaaaaaaaaaaaarrr- eeeeeeeeh! Wo- oh -oh oh!

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Great deal. I’d have taken that on a 4 year deal. He‘s the type of player whose game ages well. He’s not overly physica, nor does he rely on blistering pace. He’s a smart, consistent D with untapped upside. Yes, it’s a lot of term but the cap will be much higher at the back end of it, and the salary wouldn’t be a major issue if you wanted to move him.
To add:

This will be an example of players trusting Blake and why he signed so cheaply for this year. I’d bet some of this was already structured.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Eight years is pretty unexpected. Unlike Petersen, we've seen a much better sample size in both games played and importance of those games.

Still digesting eight years. Is there word on the NMC? I have to imagine taking the $4.1MM over eight years in California would come with a pretty decent NMC/NTC.

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Curious to where quick is at as far as if he thinks he is going to retire or not?

1. I can see him as a prideful dude to where if he doesn’t think he has it he’s not going to play.

2. Also see him as the type of guy that has the pride to not want to go out like this.

3. If he wants to play I really feel like the team would like to see him remote as a lifetime King.

4. Wonder if him kopitar and brown have the vision of all being forever Kings?

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
I guess it has to go to Doughty? Should go to Danault.

Curious to where quick is at as far as if he thinks he is going to retire or not?

1. I can see him as a prideful dude to where if he doesn’t think he has it he’s not going to play.

2. Also see him as the type of guy that has the pride to not want to go out like this.

3. If he wants to play I really feel like the team would like to see him remote as a lifetime King.

I don't think there's any chance Quick plays next season unless he has a huge turnaround. No team will want him other than a cap invite. And he's not going to want to go though another season playing 2-3 games a month.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

I can see him as a guy that definitely would like 1 last shot, but I can't see many other teams being interested in him unless he turns his game around. But looking at it from his perspective, at his age does he want to spend a season away from LA as a backup and uproot his his family just for one last kick of the can? I don't think so. I could absolutely see him retire if no offers come in.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
ya was thinking more the Kupari's or even Vilardi level guys. Walker must know it is a possibility to make salary work

I don't long term deals helped save the cap for Carter, Richards and Quick

Kind of an ironic post considering the Kings are quite literally still dedicating cap space to both Quick and Richards long after they helped the team win.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015

Ducks draft pick going to free agency. Get 'er done!!!

LHD! a rarity! He's captain there and of course, Laferriere is there. Mayor has been laying low and not predicting much this year, but said to expect Lafierriere to sign after their season....the Frozen Four is April 6....not sure if they will make it that far, but they are 17-6-1. Thrun played with Turcotte on the national team as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad