Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungle Boy

Feb 12, 2003
Recife, Brazil
If the price for JC and Gravrikov is that high we should try to make hockey trades with all the extras that we have. Iafallo, Grundy, Walker, Lias Andersson plus prospects like Grans and Madden could be packaged with some late picks for 2 LHD and a 4th liner (How is Simmonds doing?)

Maybe try to get creative with petersen situation and go for LHD with a bad contract (what happened to Chiarot?). Kind of that Neal/lucic situation in Alberta

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I just don't like Lizotte between Fiala and Iafallo, that line could be more productive. Byfield might fit because he's a space maker, and we all see what Fiala does with space. It would be difficult to mess with that first line right now, though.

yeah, he really is the weak link on that line. Eventually it will be Byfield , like it was to start the year. Try Kupari there for a game or two. Lizzo just isn't good enough for 3c.

Reactions: kinghock

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
yeah, he really is the weak link on that line. Eventually it will be Byfield , like it was to start the year. Try Kupari there for a game or two. Lizzo just isn't good enough for 3c.

Or, create the NHLs best 3rd line:

Byfield Kopitar Kempe
Moore Danault Arvidsson
Fiala Barbashev Vilardi
Iafallo Lizotte Kaliyev

You can get a decent LHD and not improve much, honestly. Edler and Walker have been doing fairly well.
Or, you can make the best 3rd line in the NHL and win more games with that, then replacing Edler with Gavrikov.
50% of Fialas shifts are nothing burgers, playing with Lizotte and JAD. Now, add Barbashev and Vilardi.
This would be line 2 most nights and Danault's line #3. But that's ok. Teams would have a handful, playing
these 3 lines. Barbashev asking is a #2 and prospect...less than Chy, Gav or McCabe.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
In 23-24 this team will have the #1 team in offense and defense and be relying on a goaltending pipeline of Villalta--Markkanen--bionic hips Ingham--Sol's mother--Ranford

I know you’re kidding but I could see us po king up Portillo this off-season and drafting Hrabal at the draft.

Could clean up that need for immediate and long term future.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
I wish Blake would just troll everyone and call every healthy scratch trade related

Need like Fiala, Kopitar or Kempe to get sick and they just saying they’re not playing trade related reasons. Then next game they’re back and act shocked and say I meant illness.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Try & get Saros or Binnington (not a lot of options) or fallback on Lankinen, AZ's guy or Korpisalo. Add a center. Anything from Stoll to Carter. Pick up a D if there's anything left.

Just need a Still & Greene trade.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

Byfield Kopitar Kempe
Moore Danault Arvidsson
Fiala Barbashev Vilardi
Iafallo Lizotte Kaliyev

You can get a decent LHD and not improve much, honestly. Edler and Walker have been doing fairly well.
Or, you can make the best 3rd line in the NHL and win more games with that, then replacing Edler with Gavrikov.
50% of Fialas shifts are nothing burgers, playing with Lizotte and JAD. Now, add Barbashev and Vilardi.
This would be line 2 most nights and Danault's line #3. But that's ok. Teams would have a handful, playing
these 3 lines. Barbashev asking is a #2 and prospect...less than Chy, Gav or McCabe.

Barbashev usually plays wing though, doesn’t he? I wonder if we should go out and get Toews and McCabe.

Byfield - Kopitar - Kempe
Fiala - Toews - Vilardi
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Iafallo - Lizotte - Kaliyev

Anderson - Doughty
McCabe - Roy
Edler - Walker

Copley
Quick

That’s an insane forward group.

Maybe something around Turcotte and Durzi?

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Why the heck is Friday’s game at 6pm? Granted no ducks fans is willing watch their dreadful team but why do the kings fans have to suffer with that start time?

Reactions: Faterson

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
B. Schenn, 31, 5 more years after this one. 6.5M. Blues already started offloading. A re-tool is going to burn Schenn's remaining good years. NTC, hope he's not sour about the Richards trade.

Fiala, Schenn, Vilardi

Edit: Nashville update

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

Byfield Kopitar Kempe
Moore Danault Arvidsson
Fiala Barbashev Vilardi
Iafallo Lizotte Kaliyev

I usually fully agree with your opinions, but not about this one.
In my view Edler and Walker have not been doing well.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
B. Schenn, 31, 5 more years after this one. 6.5M. Blues already started offloading. A re-tool is going to burn Schenn's remaining good years. NTC, hope he's not sour about the Richards trade.

Fiala, Schenn, Vilardi

Edit: Nashville update

They barely have anything to sell at a deadline.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
best bet is to play him friday and hope the kings outscore the quacks.
Playing quick against the bottom feeders to rest Copley is really the only feasible strategy for the remainder of the season.

The poor guys body is just toast, there isn’t anything left to rejuvenate. Try and save the guy some face & let the guy play his last games with some dignity.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
this being in limbo must really suck for some of the players. Some of the guys probably think they could be part of a deal right now.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Did everybody drop acid today?
If you f***ers are holding out on me......
angry-fist-angry-fist-arthur.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad