Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I am sure Byfield and Clarke at peace with what was published but a few are probably losing a little sleep
Why does this remind me of the whole Eddie Jones - Mitch Richmond debacle..

For those that don’t remember, the Lakers were going to trade Eddie Jones to the Kings for Mitch Richmond but EJ started putting up hood numbers and they kept him.
Jerry West later lamented not traded Eddie as he viewed his uptick in production as a sign that the guy wasn’t motivated enough to be a Lakers(my words to keep it short).

Curious to know whose our Eddie Jones and if Blake will move him

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
B. Schenn, 31, 5 more years after this one. 6.5M. Blues already started offloading. A re-tool is going to burn Schenn's remaining good years. NTC, hope he's not sour about the Richards trade.

Fiala, Schenn, Vilardi

Edit: Nashville update

He got his cup - otherwise im sure he'd be even less pleased

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
I usually fully agree with your opinions, but not about this one.
In my view Edler and Walker have not been doing well.
That's fine. I agree with you....I don't think Durzi on the right is good and Edler and Walker are just doing okay. Walker has been better the last 2 months...part of that is 'moving his feet faster' as Todd said, as well as Walker probably knows he must excel, to not get scrathed or dealt.
I just don't think any of the D are a liability now...I do fear Edler's lack of speed will hurt in the playoffs, when tempo only gets faster. I would love a LHD upgrade for certain.
I just MORE HATE Lizotte as 3C and believe the only way Todd puts him back to 4C, will be to acquire a legit
3C...as he will not put Vilardi there....and / or Kupari. I think a 3C upgrade could help the team more. Byfiled can be that player next year. Would not mess what he's doing as LW1. He's only going to get better...week to week there.

I don't see Bluc getting both a C and a LHD in the next 16 days. I am flying from Denver to San Diego on trade deadline day....and when I land, hope to click off airplane mode and see the Kings have acquired someone.

Reactions: kinghock

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If I'm some of the Kings' prospects, I'd be praying for a trade. We've got a lot of guys locked up and not a lot of roster spots going around.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
That's fine. I agree with you....I don't think Durzi on the right is good and Edler and Walker are just doing okay. Walker has been better the last 2 months...part of that is 'moving his feet faster' as Todd said, as well as Walker probably knows he must excel, to not get scrathed or dealt.
I just don't think any of the D are a liability now...I do fear Edler's lack of speed will hurt in the playoffs, when tempo only gets faster. I would love a LHD upgrade for certain.
I just MORE HATE Lizotte as 3C and believe the only way Todd puts him back to 4C, will be to acquire a legit
3C...as he will not put Vilardi there....and / or Kupari. I think a 3C upgrade could help the team more. Byfiled can be that player next year. Would not mess what he's doing as LW1. He's only going to get better...week to week there.

I don't see Bluc getting both a C and a LHD in the next 16 days. I am flying from Denver to San Diego on trade deadline day....and when I land, hope to click off airplane mode and see the Kings have acquired someone.
I hope Kings will acquire someone very physical and very good without spending serious assets.

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
CA. refugee<E. TN.
Not so bold prediction. Mikey will be the next Captain of the Kings once Kopi retires.
1676488264292.png

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Another steal of a deal from Rob Blake. He’s mastered the art of locking down his own players at a great deal that works in favor of the team. This also helps paint a clearer picture of their cap situation moving forward, and helps them at the deadline in adding someone who has term on their contract.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
4.1 per is a sweet deal. Gives us plenty of cap flexibility. 1 million more than Roy, he's only 23.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Nearly 9 million to resign kupari, jad vilardi and a lhd. Hopefully iafallo/arvidsson and Walker get moved
If they keep Cal in Ontario, which they should, that’s around $1.2 mill which should be enough for either Kupari or JAD.. also, Tonka needs to be moved

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Why would you want 5 more years of schenn at 31 years old
I'd think that would make the Blues think about moving him. Cal, Quick, Kopitar will all be up in 2 years. Prospects look like they're headed for bridge deals & not 8X8. Cap is going up. Last couple years could suck or end up on LTIR, but he would provide a good boost for the next few years & might not cost that much if Blues want out of the contract. Just an idea.

They barely have anything to sell at a deadline.
Blues or Nashville? Mostly looking at the best goalies on teams going into a retool. Don't know if they are available, but Blake should have made that call already. Nashville has Ekholm & McDonagh. Older than he was looking for, but would be solid adds. Blues have some left D as well, but I'm not impressed with them. Both teams have centers from 3C to 2C possibilities.

Edit: 4 for Mikey was a bit more than I was expecting on his next contract, but it's 8 years!!!!!!
Mikey4ever!!!!

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Hi my Kings friends,

Congratulations on re-signing/extending Mikey. Nice price for a guy who is a pain in the arse to play against & every Team wishes they had.

Be interesting to see what shakes loose as we approach the Trade Deadline
View attachment 650727
I think we are going to see some bottom six players and older prospects moved. There are too many people competing for too few of spots and we have a lot of redundant players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad