Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The price tag is making your objectivity skewed. Analyze the player without the price tag.
Adding the cost variables to the equation goes without saying. Nobody wants to give up what the Yotes are asking. That’s universal

My take on Chychrun is that he's an excellent #2-#3 OFFENSIVE d-man. Is that unreasonable?

As such, giving more than the Muzzin trade seems unreasonable. And Muzzin can at least play all situations. JC you have to wrap in bubble wrap and keep him off the PK or off the ice when protecting a lead.

With his injury history they may need a paternity test, he may actually be Jakub Salo.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW

He's the 7th defenseman in case of emergency tonight.
I wouldn't spend too much time trying to read any tea leaves.

But why not Toby, Spence, or Moverare? Someone who we would want out there if someone takes a puck to the face during warmups? The Reign play Wednesday, I guess. Edler better wear his damn lid.

Maybe the Chychrun thing does have legs, it would make sense for either Toby or Spence to go the other way. Either that, or they are just getting the guy some cash in the wallet. Could be nothing more than doing him a solid since qualifying him next season isn't a given.

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
My take on Chychrun is that he's an excellent #2-#3 OFFENSIVE d-man. Is that unreasonable?

As such, giving more than the Muzzin trade seems unreasonable. And Muzzin can at least play all situations. JC you have to wrap in bubble wrap and keep him off the PK or off the ice when protecting a lead.

With his injury history they may need a paternity test, he may actually be Jakub Salo.
That’s reasonable. However, it’s hard to compare JC to Muzzin. When Muzzin was traded he was 5 years older and played for a defense oriented team in a league that played different (even a couple years ago). Muzzin didn’t really start coming into his own until he was the age JC is now.

My thing is that JC is projectable. He’s missed games due to injury which has set him back but he’s been good this year despite the deployment.

I’m only talking about the player, not the trade

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Dave Pagnotta said Blake was in on pretty much all LHD. Said he was in on Nikko Mikkola. He was the guy I was hoping they’d target. Ufa after this year too.

Last edited:

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
But why not Toby, Spence, or Moverare? Someone who we would want out there if someone takes a puck to the face during warmups? The Reign play Wednesday, I guess. Edler better wear his damn lid.

Maybe the Chychrun thing does have legs, it would make sense for either Toby or Spence to go the other way. Either that, or they are just getting the guy some cash in the wallet. Could be nothing more than doing him a solid since qualifying him next season isn't a given.
If you or anyone else want to spend more time trying to interpret completely uninterpretable events more power to you.

I am utterly and completely disinterested in the conversation at this point.

Maybe this maybe that maybe nothing maybe something... unless you can see the entire iceberg there's no point in guessing what it looks like under the water but if it brings you happiness to try who am I to tell you not to.

Reactions: Gjwrams

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
If you or anyone else want to spend more time trying to interpret completely uninterpretable events more power to you.

Maybe this maybe that maybe nothing maybe something... unless you can see the entire iceberg there's no point in guessing what it looks like under the water but if it brings you happiness to try who am I to tell you not to.
You’re on a fan speculation site saying you don’t want to engage in speculation. Seems pretty dumb, but you do you.

If the best interests of the team are in mind, an actual player that could play in the NHL should be getting called up. Seems pretty obvious.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW

Sorry, I have a scientific background. I just can't let data and information go :laugh:

What's ironic is I'm more about the process, I guess it keeps my brain busy. The results are not nearly as rewarding.

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County

“Just stopping by with three paragraphs explaining how I don’t want to talk about this!”

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
You’re on a fan speculation site saying you don’t want to engage in speculation. Seems pretty dumb, but you do you.

If the best interests of the team are in mind, an actual player that could play in the NHL should be getting called up. Seems pretty obvious.
Frederic Allard was recalled on Nov 27th against the Senators and didn't play.
They've also played home games without a 7th dman being available to them.

If they wanted to keep Bjornfot, Spence and/or Moverare off the roster they can and have done so this season.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Frederic Allard was recalled on Nov 27th against the Senators and didn't play.
They've also played home games without a 7th dman being available to them.

If they wanted to keep Bjornfot, Spence and/or Moverare off the roster they can and have done so this season.
I’m not so sure that past examples of the same guy making the same dumb mistake is evidence that it’s a good idea in the present.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
I’m not so sure that past examples of the same guy making the same dumb mistake is evidence that it’s a good idea in the present.
I wasn't saying it's a good idea.

I was saying there's not enough information in "Bisson recalled to Kings" to cause me to think it's in any way related to any Chychrun rumors.

I reserve the right to change that opinion should any more information be made available.

EDIT: however on the subject of it being "a good idea"

Let's say the game is played and Bisson is the healthy scratch and then is assigned back to Ontario and no trades are made.

Why is that a dumb mistake?

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Pagnotta on NHL Network is reporting Kings are still the front runners for Chychrun. Lemieux and Walker's names are being tossed around.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Pagnotta on NHL Network is reporting Kings are still the front runners for Chychrun. Lemieux and Walker's names are being tossed around.
Lemieux has been awful this year, but man if he were to be thrown in the Kings would be one of the softest teams in league history.

Both guys would help Arizona out in the race to the bottom though.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022

Lemieux has been awful this year, but man if he were to be thrown in the Kings would be one of the softest teams in league history.

Both guys would help Arizona out in the race to the bottom though.
Unless Kings are receiving someone like Lawson Crouse back
Personally I'm delighted that Lemieux and Walker's names are being tossed around, that is the kind of surplus we need to be unloading in a big trade.

Last edited:

bland

Jul 1, 2004

I was saying there's not enough information in "Bisson recalled to Kings" to cause me to think it's in any way related to any Chychrun rumors.

I reserve the right to change that opinion should any more information be made available.

Let's say the game is played and Bisson is the healthy scratch and then is assigned back to Ontario and no trades are made.

Just seems like they are giving the kid a small bump for a day. Most likely all the defensemen are so healthy that they don't feel its necessary to bring up a bigger name after a busy weekend.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Or Kassian or Nick Ritchie.

Kings could really deal one of JAD or Grunny for a player who actually can hit and drop them.
JAD has been a fantastic in his role over the last dozen games. He is really rounding into shape as the kind of role player this team desperately lacks - safe, competent, productive.

The Kings need more of that if they want to achieve anything.

Guess nobody else is going to notice until Fox highlights it.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

I don't care about Chchyrun eiither. It's a dumb mistake if Edler strains his hip in warmup and some kid that shouldn't be here is playing tonight in his first NHL game when there's 3 points separating 1st from 4th in the division.

Luck favors the prepared.

Reactions: Schrute farms

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Someone took a picture of Blake's cup. It says, "You get nothing!"

mqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad