Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
The amount of conjecture on the Trade board is fantastic. Lots of folks "In the know" apparently. Had no idea we are surrounded by this many insiders.
Probably best to look at how Blake has operated in the past. Not many if any deals have been rumored like this Arizona train wreck. Makes me think zero of it is coming via Blake or his team.
Just spit balling, but the more you read about a Chickrun deal, the less likely it'll happen.
But I don't know diddly-squat, fact.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
I worked out a trade once... I was going to trade my car, my laptop and my xbox to this guy in exchange for his car, his laptop and his thumb but the guy wouldn't agree to cut off his thumb!

We were so close! The trade was all worked out and it was basically done I can't believe we got SO CLOSE to pulling it off but we just hit that one little snag of him not being willing to cut off his thumb.

Such a bummer to get SO CLOSE to pulling off that trade.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
I think if you look at Blake's history as GM, I can't remember any major trade where it was all over the rumor mills ahead of time. The Fiala and Arvidsson trades just sort of happened. Sure there was speculation that they were on the trade block, but it wasn't like rampant rumors were flying revolving around the Kings in either case before it happened.

This whole Chychrun thing over the past couple days feels like a GM trying to force another GM's hand. Healthy scratching a guy and then putting it out on Twitter using the team PR is just blasting out a message that trade talks are peaking.

I think it sucks that Blake had to tell Clarke that he's not getting traded. That's the kind of thing that would piss me off if I were in Blake's shoes.
Blake should give him one of his patented hip checks next time he sees him. Or run him over on his surfboard after inviting him to the beach.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I’m still hoping a deal can be made. Saw in another thread that Peterson has a 10 team no trade clause. I wonder if that could be the snag. I would think he can see the writing on the wall tho.
Who knows? I do think LA wants both Chychrun and Vejmelka.
’The snag’ doesn’t exist. It was pure speculation.

Reactions: deaderhead28

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I worked out a trade once... I was going to trade my car, my laptop and my xbox to this guy in exchange for his car, his laptop and his thumb but the guy wouldn't agree to cut off his thumb!

We were so close! The trade was all worked out and it was basically done I can't believe we got SO CLOSE to pulling it off but we just hit that one little snag of him not being willing to cut off his thumb.

Such a bummer to get SO CLOSE to pulling off that trade.

Yeah, but did your scouts tell you where that thumb had been?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I wouldn't read too much into Freidman's comments.

Notice he prefaces almost everything he says with "I think" "I believe" "I heard".

People always leave out that context when discussing this stuff, and rumors run wild.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
So now they're saying he'll be scratched for the rest of this week. I don't think a team does that unless they're pretty close to a deal.
Or a ploy to make other teams in the running think theyre close to a deal with someone else. Not to mention there is no reason to try to win games (ie Bedard fever) Edit: and holding him out prevents possibly losing out on a good deadline deal

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Given his history I'm not discounting the possibility that Chychrun may be dinged up and "trade reasons" is being floated so no one freaks out.

Yeah, the trade reasons are a paper cut from the post game water cup, had to stop him from bleeding out

dman3474

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
If you were Cal, would you waive your NTC to go to the coyotes? They have been a perpetually rebuilding team for years. Get cap dumps for picks and prospects and have no real direction besides tank for Bedard and go from there. Probably do the same next season too?

Or live by the beach and collect a paycheck. Potentially get back to the NHL for a team who is closer to winning.

Maybe he could see it as he could build his game back at the NHL level in AZ instead of the AHL?

I dunno. I don't see a huge reason for him to agree to waive for AZ.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
If you were Cal, would you waive your NTC to go to the coyotes? They have been a perpetually rebuilding team for years. Get cap dumps for picks and prospects and have no real direction besides tank for Bedard and go from there. Probably do the same next season too?

Or live by the beach and collect a paycheck. Potentially get back to the NHL for a team who is closer to winning.

Maybe he could see it as he could build his game back at the NHL level in AZ instead of the AHL?

I dunno. I don't see a huge reason for him to agree to waive for AZ.

Well, goalie would be wide open in AZ. It would better his chances of getting another contract after this one expires, but yeah, it's not the most pleasurable place to play. Been a clusterf*** for years.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
So, 'non-Chychrun on the King fans' have Cal to thank, for the snag.

I guess we will see either Bjornfot or Moverare recalled today to be the 7th defenseman.

Reactions: kinghock
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad