Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Really hope they don't trade Spence either.
Me also - but at some point we will need to give up a really good prospect and a #1 to get him. I'd much rather lose Spence than Clarke if I had to choose.

If I really wanted to sweeten the pot, i'd try to include Laf/Pinelli, maybe another prospect and a #1.

Reactions: ScoreZeGoals

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
If you package Cal & Iafallo, that's 9M of cap that's replaceable. Are there any BIG contracts out there, where the player is still decent, but overpaid & the team is looking for smaller easier to get out of contracts? E. Karlsson & Bobrovsky? Couture? Johansson, Duchene.

I'm not up to date on everyone whose career has gone off a cliff recently, but seems like Cal's contract could be moved into something at least productive for the NHL team.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yotes fans being all 'oh yesssss okay' about Clarke tells you how they feel about Chychrun's actual value. They know they're not getting Eichel return for him because he's a glorified #2-#3 who's getting the OEL/Yandle AZ boost where no one f***ing watches them so they spooge over stat lines.

Chychrun isn't a franchise changing defenseman...or he'd have changed AZ, not been on the table and sheltered harder than Erik Karlsson or Colin Miller.

The value rumors are not commensurate with the player. I don't want Blake to dumpster dive either but I'd MUCh rather chase a McCabe/Gavrikov for half the f***ing price.

You only get one swing with an elite prospect. All we have is Byfield and Clarke for that. You f*** this up, you wreck yourself and youre' just left with a plethora of lottery tickets instead of transformative talents. Save that bullet, don't blow it on an OFD who turnstiles easier than EK. offense isn't a problem for this team!

Ok sounds like Either chickrun is not be traded to the Kings. Or it’s pinelli among others. Maybe someone in AZ pushing Kings prospects in hopes of the Bruins upper their offer.

Was my first thought, Blake trying to make it hard on Edmonton/Boston. I hope he's that smart.

Of course AZ is going to ask for Clarke because neither EDM nor BOS nor TOR have anyone that touches that...so why would Blake do it?

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Horvat cost a mid 1st, a good prospect in Raty and something.
Fiala cost a mid 1st and a good prospect in Faber.
Market thus dictates something more in the Chychrun for late 1st and Turcotte range as the maximum offer.
I share the consternation regarding injuries as the player has missed between 15 and 35 games every single season.

JTeller97

Dec 25, 2020
Yotes fans being all 'oh yesssss okay' about Clarke tells you how they feel about Chychrun's actual value. They know they're not getting Eichel return for him because he's a glorified #2-#3 who's getting the OEL/Yandle AZ boost where no one f***ing watches them so they spooge over stat lines.

Chychrun isn't a franchise changing defenseman...or he'd have changed AZ, not been on the table and sheltered harder than Erik Karlsson or Colin Miller.

The value rumors are not commensurate with the player. I don't want Blake to dumpster dive either but I'd MUCh rather chase a McCabe/Gavrikov for half the f***ing price.

You only get one swing with an elite prospect. All we have is Byfield and Clarke for that. You f*** this up, you wreck yourself and youre' just left with a plethora of lottery tickets instead of transformative talents. Save that bullet, don't blow it on an OFD who turnstiles easier than EK. offense isn't a problem for this team!

Was my first thought, Blake trying to make it hard on Edmonton/Boston. I hope he's that smart.

Of course AZ is going to ask for Clarke because neither EDM nor BOS nor TOR have anyone that touches that...so why would Blake do it?
Honestly starting to feel bad for Yotes fans, it's pretty clear that no team is willing to part with their elite prospects for JC. This is a guy who has wanted out for over a year now and has struggled with injuries his whole career. They should be pleased to get 2 B prospects and a 1st, similar to the Muzzin deal. I'm still confident we can offer the best "realistic offer" as of right now, the question is are the Yotes and Chychrun really willing to drag this out until the summer? Really feel like they've cut their nose off to spite their face and should've just made a deal this past summer.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Horvat cost a mid 1st, a good prospect in Raty and something.
Fiala cost a mid 1st and a good prospect in Faber.
Market thus dictates something more in the Chychrun for late 1st and Turcotte range as the maximum offer.
I share the consternation regarding injuries as the player has missed between 15 and 35 games every single season.
For Chychrun alone, I hope the most we’re sending is something like Turcotte, Walker, and a first. Although I bet we don’t even move Walker. At this point, Walker’s probably the better option for the playoffs over Spence or Clarke since he’s been here all year.

Moverare might be in play though. Maybe Turcotte, Moverare, and a 1st?

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
The panic is executive management above Blake is getting impatient.
And its Clarke as the main piece for Chyc and Veggie, makin the Kings a contender in some peoples minds.

1. THe Rumors.
2. Moverare sent down.
3. Copley signed a contract to deter waiver pick up.
4. Time is running out for Quick, Kopi and DD.
5. Blake has had a half decade.
6. Clarke years away definsively
7. Plugs holes on LHD and GT.
8.Kings have played very well at times considering holes.
9.Weak Pacific.
10. Colorado stumbling.
11. Last years surprise playoff run
12. Having DD and Arv this year.
Addendum; It looks like AZ would not come down at all.
Good for Blake.
Don't overpay.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING – CHYCHRUN FOR CLARKE
'Wikipedia already has him playing for us!' Sunday Edition

Ok now I'm getting very excited
Wooohooo!
I never would have thought Clarke or Byfield would be involved. If BA gets a first in addition he gets a statue.
Clarke + 1st (any year) + cap dumps to infinity = more than enough for me. Imo would be insane if BA was able to pick up Clarke or Byfield in this trade
If we get Clarke we have to get Fantilli or Bedard. I want them and Guenther all on this team opening night. The golden boys.

To LAK
Chychrun
Vejmelka (retention)

To ARI
Peterson
Walker
Kupari
Clarke
Picks
Sinurgy : Clarke is a nice piece but I don't like that "centered around" lingo, here's to hoping he's replacing a '24 1st
Not sure how credible he is but this would make more sense if Clarke is a piece
Clarke would be inside my top ten for this draft, probably. He’s probably be the first D off the board for me.
Man this team is gonna be loaded in another year or two. I love that it is a elite defensive prospect coming back.
My guess:

Chych (50% retained)
Veggie

for

Clarke
Turcotte
2023 1st (T-10 protected)
2024 1st
Peterson
Man this team is gonna be loaded in another year or two. I love that it is a elite defensive prospect coming back.
King's fans so pissed off about Clarke that they think this is going to be the trade-
Chychrun + Veggie
for
Clarke + Peterson

Sorry LA fans, but it's supposed to hurt and that doesn't hurt. You're giving up a lot more than that.
Ha!
One thought Chych and Veggie for Clarke, Peterson, and Walker lol.
If BA pulls Clarke plus 2 1sts for Chychrun and veggie I'll shit. I doubt it highly, but I'll shit. Also how credible is that rando who tweeted goalie swap? Seems like an Internet scout and not an insider.
The 'maximum value' scenario out there for Chych involves taking Peterson. I can't think of a more odorous dump. LA has the absolute need for Chych and Veg, as well as all the assets to pull it off.

Considering you'd need a 1st and a 2nd just to dump Peterson, the return better be spectacular.
If it’s Clarke, we’ve seen the last of vejmelka
Clarke would be f-in great.
Conservatively:
Chychrun - two firsts
Veg - late first
Peterson dump - first, second

If they go in the same trade then two firsts plus a bonafide bluechip would be the minimum acceptable return IMO.
I actually like Peterson and think we can rehab him, he's just paid probably 50% more than he should be. Happy to take him if LA pays up.
There’s no way a first is added to Clarke, right??

Clarke
1st
Peterson

Chychrun
Vejmelka

Is that it?

Clarke is likely the highest rated defensive prospect out there. This is absolute robbery by BA

BA found Vej for free. Turned him into a 1st round pick…. Going to miss Chychrun. He’s an excellent defensemen. Made of glass, but when he’s on, he’s on.

Clarke is in a Cooley class of prospects.
Clarke for Chick would be a coup.
So up to now, Kypreos has been dragged on here for never being right. But now he's finally nailed one correctly?
Clarke is the best prospect named in any proposal for Chychrun so far by the media, I'll give him that.
I’ve never agreed with Clarke being definitively untouchable. Teams get one untouchable, and it’s byfield. Clarke is fair game imo
Wikipedia already has him playing for us.
I believe Clarke has the potential to be a PPG defenseman, his IQ allows him to be effective at both ends of the ice, especially in transition and powerplay. His skating may not be great but I'm confident that once he grows into his frame he will be the type of defenseman I'd rather pay 8+ mill too.
Clarke was my favourite D in his draft in terms of upside, I was praying he fell to 9th
To LA
Chychrun
Vejmelka

To ARI
Walker
Peterson
Clarke
‘24 1st(?)
Not trying to be that guy but I’ve never trusted Kypreos as a source.
Has me so freaked. My hopes are now up. If he lied about this I’m going to Harris him online to the edge of the law.
Getting Clarke makes me feel much better about defense in the organization.
Instant disappointment if it’s to bruins for lysell instead of LA for Clarke.

Lysell isn’t in the same universe as Clarke as far as prospects go. Not even in the top 30 prospects in the league
Kings need to just do Byfield for Chychrun and call it a day
Kypreos is trash.
I wonder if Clarke was included and the deal fell through because the teams couldn’t agree on the other parts.
I'm ready to get off this rollercoaster haha
My guess: AZ & LA were close on a deal based around Chychrun and Clarke. So close that Chychrun was held out of yesterday’s game. Today, for whatever reason, the deal fell through. The two sides have broken off talks. And I think Chychrun will play for the Coyotes tomorrow night against Nashville.

Couldn’t be more frustrating.
It might come back to Clarke over the next 3 weeks.
If everything goes right, Clarke MIGHT end up as good as Chuchrun someday.
Bullshit, you want a 24 yr old top end Dman on a great contract that fills a total need and you get 2 total untouchables? Hell no. Clarke or Byfield, pick one or we move to the next team
Ugh man that's extremely disappointing. (About Clarke not the newborns)
Everything is grey. I’m organizing a Harris-Mint Camp-Pain against Kypreos after this. I’ll post details later.
Of course this turns into a complete cluster ****

That’s what the Coyotes do.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014

Agree with all of that and better articulates what I’ve said about the whole situation for the last 18 months.

1. Apart from being a left shot he doesn’t actually fill a need on the team. There will be what is sometimes called a shadow roster that has certain holes and spots in the lineup and a descriptor for the type of player to fill it. The hole we have is the physical, crease clearing shutdown guy.

2. Injuries

3. They want more than his value because he’s a 2nd pairing guy on a contender and he’s barely a #3 because you’re not sure if you want him on the ice defending a 1 goal lead with a minute to go.

4. If the trade takes us over the top, taking the above into consideration you MAYBE think about doing it, but it doesn’t remotely do that.

If we trade for him Spence is better value to build the trade around and even then I wouldn’t do it because I think he has greater upside. However, at least I see the case for this. Clarke? Get out of here.

It’s amazing how one click bait tweet gets everyone into a lather.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I actually think ‘trade reasons’ is a curious way of phrasing things over him being left out of the lineup. It seems deliberately vague. It’d make more sense to me to say something like ‘possible trade in the works’. That is unless what has actually happened is something like him putting in a trade request or demanding they lower the asking price. Therefore they make it vague because any other statement covering it potentially hurts their trade position.

Obviously conjecture on my part but I just find the phrasing weird, unless it’s simply just poorly written which is entirely plausible.

Reactions: David Lunch

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Maybe I'm stating the obvious but at this point I gotta think there's no deal in place. Surely some other insider would have sniffed it out by now.

Like some have speculated, maybe the Coyotes trying to get some team to up their offer by indicating he's about to be dealt to a competitor. Or maybe they're just being cautious.

Blake has so far been patient in his approach to most things so I'm hopeful they don't overpay to get him.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010

I love how ppl think they know how good prospects are on teams they don’t follow.
Are you an nhl scout or something?

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002

In my opinion reading that text doesnt say crap. He said a Kings and Coyote trade centered around Clarke. He didn’t say it was happening, but he also didn’t say it wasn’t. I just read it as if the Kings wanted Chychrun the package centers around Clarke. It’s a poor tweet as he was vague and open ended. Either he rushed ti get it out and didn’t put a lot into it or he really blew it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad