Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
that's the worst i've seen in a while

deserves a benching

If this guy wasn't playing in AZ they'd be all over him nightly, I'm telling you

I take so much shit for it but he's basically just durzi on roids

It's OEL all over again, he'll go somehwere else and be a #4 instead of a #1 with all the offense flowing thru him and he'll be 'good' but not a 30g 60p guy like everyone is hoping.

Last edited:

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
If this guy wasn't playing in AZ they'd be all over him nightly, I'm telling you

I take so much shit for it but he's basically just durzi on roids

It's OEL all over again, he'll go somehwere else and be a #4 instead of a #1 with all the offense flowing thru him and he'll be 'good' but not a 30g 60p guy like everyone is hoping.
I could see some 20 - 40 seasons out of him. Of course its IF HE STAYS HEALTHY.

he is turning 25 next month. If acquired one would hope our staff straightens out his defensive gaffs a bit more. At 24 I am still watching Durzi and Anderson improve. Maybe Chychrun has another step to take.

Then he would be the new and improved Durzi on Roids.

I think he would be a perfect #3 supported by a strong defensive partner or a great #2 with Doughty doing his defensive genius stuff beside him. Let Anderson break in Spence or Clarke as those two will need a solid rock beside them, especially Clarke.

Wont be upset if we aquire him, but there is a different Coyote I covet right now that would be much cheaper.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I could see some 20 - 40 seasons out of him. Of course its IF HE STAYS HEALTHY.

he is turning 25 next month. If acquired one would hope our staff straightens out his defensive gaffs a bit more. At 24 I am still watching Durzi and Anderson improve. Maybe Chychrun has another step to take.

Then he would be the new and improved Durzi on Roids.

I think he would be a perfect #3 supported by a strong defensive partner or a great #2 with Doughty doing his defensive genius stuff beside him. Let Anderson break in Spence or Clarke as those two will need a solid rock beside them, especially Clarke.

Wont be upset if we aquire him, but there is a different Coyote I covet right now that would be much cheaper.

Hey I'd love him as a #3, I just don't think the price is commensurate with value. It would basically be flip flopping Durzi into an LHD.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Hey I'd love him as a #3, I just don't think the price is commensurate with value. It would basically be flip flopping Durzi into an LHD.
Yes the price is very high.

I do believe he is a tier above Durzi in every aspect. He is not great defensively but is an improvement and does add 2 inches, and 25 pounds,

Unfortunately you are right, were paying elite prices for a juiced up Durzi.

Give me Vejmalka now and Soucy in the offseason and I will be more than happy

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Would you give up a first for Gravikov, McCabe, or Edmundson?

Prices are ridiculous for these dudes.

Yeah I don't recall if it was this thread or another but there's a list of like 10 LHD available. Giving up a 1st for one, especially since none of them are top pairing guys on a contender (except arguably chychrun) in a buyer's market would be foolish.

Reactions: LAKings88

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Ottawa traded Karlsson and he returned a 1st round pick and a top prospect. I don’t see why anyone would think the Kings couldn’t have gotten something for Kopitar and/or Doughty had they decided to go in that direction with a full tear down rebuild.

Kopitar was a Hart finalist in 2018, you mean to tell me no one would have been interested in the summer of 19?

The end of 2019 is likely the most realistic opportunity to trade both Kopitar and Doughty. Kopitar is 31 years old with five years left on his contract, but only one season removed from a Hart finalist season. Doughty is 29 years old and about to begin his big $11 million AAV contract, and is one year removed from another Norris finalist season.

It was clear in 2019 the team needed a massive rebuild. That was the time to tear it all down.

Would likely never happen under Luc “the Emperor has No Clothes” Robitaille. But that was the most realistic summer to do it, I think.

Reactions: KINGS17

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
My insider information is telling me Rob is holding off till after the Brown Ceremony to drop the Chychrun bomb and ship off half our roster to AZ.

I'm hearing Turcotte and Spence along with other pieces; more news at 11.
I hate the idea of losing Spence. I’d hope for a RD on the roster to go in the deal - Durzi (ideal), Bjornfot, or even Roy. Gotta give to get. Losing Spence would really suck IMO. The second we got JC, Durzi gets bounced to 3rd pair and no more PP. Then he’d really suck in that role IMO.

Anderson - Doughty
JC - Roy
Edler - Spence

Reactions: Choralone

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I hate the idea of losing Spence. I’d hope for a RD on the roster to go in the deal - Durzi (ideal), Bjornfot, or even Roy. Gotta give to get. Losing Spence would really suck IMO. The second we got JC, Durzi gets bounced to 3rd pair and no more PP. Then he’d really suck in that role IMO.

Anderson - Doughty
JC - Roy
Edler - Spence
That would be ideal but if I’m Blake I’m sticking to what I feel my prospects are worth, meaning guys like Durzi and Grans have 1st rd value. I’m also not giving up this years 1st..
LA/Ari trade
Durzi
Grans
JAD
2024 1st rd
Peterson Or Iafallo
For
Chychrun

And even that seems too rich for me but it’s a gamble that could payoff in a huge way

LA/Buff
Portillo - who isn’t signing
For
Walker

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
I don't know about you....but this Moverare recall (good for him!) kind of gives me 'Bjornfot is not long for here vibes'. Would not be surprised if he's on another team, come March 3.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
I don't know about you....but this Moverare recall (good for him!) kind of gives me 'Bjornfot is not long for here vibes'. Would not be surprised if he's on another team, come March 3.

If I may...

The Kings seem to make 7th defenceman decisions based on scheduling from what I can see.

I've not talked to anybody about this BUT

when the Kings and Reign are both at home (or playing on the road close to home) there's less priority put on that 7th body because in case of emergency a solution is close by and decisions can be made.

When one or both of the two teams is on the road for extended periods of time, different decisions are made.

The Reign played last night in Bakersfield and play tonight in Henderson.
The Kings are home tonight, Monday and next Saturday with a game in Anaheim on Friday.

the Reign don't go any futher than San Jose until March 3rd and the Kings don't go on the road til Feb 21st (@ WPG)

I'd see who they take on the road with them on that road trip as more telling than who they picked to be in the press box tonight.

But of course a trade may have happened by then...

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I think Bjornfot is gonna be trade bait. Kings seem to use him sparingly. Regardless it seems like the Kings aren’t going to give him much of another shot.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Yet someone is going to break the bank for this guy.
Oh come on. There’s many gifs of Kings players just spectating. Should we have traded Fiala after that lazy turnover? Lol. Do people forget how lazy Carter was with the Jackets when the Kings traded for him? Use perspective.

I know it’s become commonplace to shit on Chychrun here like he’s the one who’s set his own price, but no matter how hard it is to swallow, the truth is he’s extremely good and is a rare breed. Plays with fire,skates really well for his size, really good defense, very good offense. His only knock on him is injury related but there’s no doubt when he’s on the ice he’s super versatile. I think his price is pretty high for his injury history, but I think he’s definitely worth it when he’s healthy. You don’t get that combination of skill, size, and aggression.

There’s a lot to love about his game.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Kings won’t move Byfield or Clarke but anyone else is probably fair game.

Don’t be shocked if they move some of the next tier group of Bjornfot, Spence, Turcotte, Fagemo or Kupari.

I would keep Grans - the only Kings D prospect with size who actually uses it. He could be Cernak 2.0.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

Don’t be shocked if they move some of the next tier group of Bjornfot, Spence, Turcotte, Fagemo or Kupari.

I would keep Grans - the only Kings D prospect with size who actually uses it.
Anyone other than Byfield or Clarke should be fair game if the Kings are going for a serious upgrades. I know people get hung up on here super heavily over prospects but it’s not realistic to assume everyone is going to be a top pairing dman lol. Spence should be fair game for a legit upgrade.

Reactions: kingsfan28

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015

I would keep Grans - the only Kings D prospect with size who actually uses it. He could be Cernak 2.0.

There are so many in the next tier group: Chromiak, Pinelli, Laferriere...even Madden and Thomas. There is depth everywhere, except LHD and goaltending.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I think Bjornfot is gonna be trade bait. Kings seem to use him sparingly. Regardless it seems like the Kings aren’t going to give him much of another shot.
No idea on the long term plan for TB but as the logjam is at right D I doubt they are actively shopping him right now. If he’s asked for in a deal for the correct LD candidate then that is a different matter.

Reactions: Sol

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Yeah I don't recall if it was this thread or another but there's a list of like 10 LHD available. Giving up a 1st for one, especially since none of them are top pairing guys on a contender (except arguably chychrun) in a buyer's market would be foolish.
Robyn Regehr cost 2 2nds FFS. The market is out of control.

Reactions: RocketKing

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Anyone other than Byfield or Clarke should be fair game if the Kings are going for a serious upgrades. I know people get hung up on here super heavily over prospects but it’s not realistic to assume everyone is going to be a top pairing dman lol. Spence should be fair game for a legit upgrade.
It isn't getting hung up on prospects. Chychrun's value just isn't there. AZ is selling a top pair guy on a value contract. In reality he is an average paid second pair guy. I'm at JAD + 2nd. He would be an improvement on a few of the guys King's ice, but isn't what they need.

They need a long term shutdown guy to pair with Clarke. Chychrun isn't that.

They could use an offensive puck mover to pair with Doughty & pair Mikey with Clarke. Chychrun isn't that either.

Kempe, Fiala & Kaliyev are all capable of bringing good left shots on the PP.

Chychrun would be an improvement, but not the D the King's need & not at a price that would have landed Eichel.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Oh come on. There’s many gifs of Kings players just spectating. Should we have traded Fiala after that lazy turnover? Lol. Do people forget how lazy Carter was with the Jackets when the Kings traded for him? Use perspective.

I know it’s become commonplace to shit on Chychrun here like he’s the one who’s set his own price, but no matter how hard it is to swallow, the truth is he’s extremely good and is a rare breed. Plays with fire,skates really well for his size, really good defense, very good offense. His only knock on him is injury related but there’s no doubt when he’s on the ice he’s super versatile. I think his price is pretty high for his injury history, but I think he’s definitely worth it when he’s healthy. You don’t get that combination of skill, size, and aggression.

There’s a lot to love about his game.
You must have misunderstood my post as it was referring to the extremely high price being asked for by the Yotes.
As for Chychrun himself, there absolutely nothing rare about him Sol. The guy is a #3-4 Dman and if you haven’t realize that yet, let’s dive into it.
The guy does not play well against top lines and has for the past few seasons been given softer matchups. Smart on the Yotes because it allows him to exploited weaker competition but for 3 first rounders or equivalent, you want a real #1 or even a #2. He’s neither of those, so much so that the guy the Yotes throw out against the top lines is one Shayne Ghosty McGhost.
Not sure how many Coyote games you’ve been able to watch the past few years but the guy is more Philippe Boucher maybe even a Lubo type of Offensive Dman. What we need is more of a Erik Cernak but as you know, those type of guys aren’t available… yet
The problem with our defense is that they at times struggle to defend or worse they forget to. Our Offense is obvious the best part of the team and the biggest need is a goaltender and the LHD hole can be minimized if Todd gets out of his own way and creates a shut down pairing with Toby and Matt while throwing Durzi down a rung with Edler whose going to continue to get run because tood loves that veteran presence.

Reactions: AbsentMojo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad