Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
So $6.5m to goalies next season and that doesn’t even include the likely starter?

Or is Cal just going to be another guy the Kings are going to pay to go away?
Won’t look bad if our starter has a $ 2.725 million cap hit

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Step 1. - sign your back up - check
Step 2 - trade for your starter - Vejmelka
Step 3 - trade for your future - Portillo
Step 4 - draft for post Vejmelka - Hrabal

Blake has a plan

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
From what Dean has said, he has no desire to take on another GM role. I think his last couple of seasons and the debacles with Team USA at the international stage did a number to him.

I think even he knows the game has passed him by. He's pretty set in his ways, and the modern nhl just isn't for him. He got his cups, got paid and now can just work in the background til he retires.

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

JTeller97

Dec 25, 2020
"According to multiple well-placed sources, the Kings and Arizona Coyotes have taken things up a notch or two and have been in consistent dialogue over a potential trade. The Kings and Bruins aren’t the only potential suitors, however, and that could certainly complicate matters for either team – not so much the Coyotes." via The Fourth Period

Looks like the Chychrun talks are heating up again I assume we'd trade an RD and would have to think it'd be Spence. Which would be frustrating to me because I like Spence a ton more than Durzi, I would also assume a forward prospect as well, probably one of Turcotte, Kupari, Pinelli, Chromiak, along with a pick. It's a move I'd probably make at this point since we have a lot of B prospects and need to consolidate the pool since a lot of these guys realistically don't have a future with us.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Child please.
You arent even fit to do David Ayers' laundry, much less an actual NHL goalie. And he did laundry for the Leafs.

Copley is an averagish goalie, nothing wrong with that. He is pretty consistent and reliable, which is an underrated skillset. A one-year extension at basically the minimum for a veteran NHL goalie is not just a good move its long overdue, given the desert we call an organizational depth chart.
Baby girl, listen, he’s at best mediocre. Why pay him 1.5 for mediocre.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
"According to multiple well-placed sources, the Kings and Arizona Coyotes have taken things up a notch or two and have been in consistent dialogue over a potential trade. The Kings and Bruins aren’t the only potential suitors, however, and that could certainly complicate matters for either team – not so much the Coyotes." via The Fourth Period

Looks like the Chychrun talks are heating up again I assume we'd trade an RD and would have to think it'd be Spence. Which would be frustrating to me because I like Spence a ton more than Durzi, I would also assume a forward prospect as well, probably one of Turcotte, Kupari, Pinelli, Chromiak, along with a pick. It's a move I'd probably make at this point since we have a lot of B prospects and need to consolidate the pool since a lot of these guys realistically don't have a future with us.
As much as I like Spence. Chychrun is extremely good.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
So $6.5m to goalies next season and that doesn’t even include the likely starter?

Or is Cal just going to be another guy the Kings are going to pay to go away?
Well, we have $12 million of third string goalies right now, so advanced stats say that our suckage per dollar is like .5% better next year.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

it would be a lot easier to make a deal if they come down off their "2 first" plus plus plus. You can still do a deal without the 2nd 1st. Better yet , if Cal is included , a bigger deal could be worked out. But I'd want more than just JC back if its a multi-player deal.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I'll be pissed if Pinelli gets traded. Send out any forwards of Turc, Madden, Kupari, AI, JAD, VA, Fagemo, Thomas, Lizzi, Cromiac...just not Pinelli. Nor QB and AK34 (to be clear). Defensively, Clarke is maybe the only must -- but i'd reeealy avoid Spence if i could. This years #1 too since no guarentee we even make the playoffs and we need that pick. 2024 #1 if any.

Reactions: Steve Zissou

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Well, we have $12 million of third string goalies right now, so advanced stats say that our suckage per dollar is like .5% better next year.
Its 1.5m you prob wouldnt have to spend if you at least had a decent prospect in the pipe on an ELC...so lack of planning on the G position is costing even more $$.. with 15mil of sunk costs on the books

Reactions: Schrute farms

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Step 1. - sign your back up - check
Step 2 - trade for your starter - Vejmelka
Step 3 - trade for your future - Portillo
Step 4 - draft for post Vejmelka - Hrabal

Blake has a plan
Replace Hrabal with Bjarnason and it looks good.. maybe both if we can

Last edited:
Reactions: funky

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Don't be surprised if the contract for Copley is specifically because they plan on waiving him after a deal that adds Vitameatkavegamin, as a fingers-crossed deterrent for Copley assuming the backup role next year after Quick retires. This way Quick won't be humiliated with third string status in his last months.

If he gets claimed, its an out the door thank you parting gift.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Don't be surprised if the contract for Copley is specifically because they plan on waiving him after a deal that adds Vitameatkavegamin, as a fingers-crossed deterrent for Copley assuming the backup role next year after Quick retires. This way Quick won't be humiliated with third string status in his last months.

That actually makes a whole pile of sense.

Reactions: Ollie Weeks

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Call me crazy but if Quick figures it out the rest of the year, I still think he will be back next year on a cheap deal. Petersen is gone, even if they eat some salary in any kind of deal.

Reactions: JKG33

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008

Yeah that logic tracks for the fall as well. Sorta of what some of us figured they were doing with Moverare’s extra year on his deal, to deter a claim.

Overall, it’s just fine.

Reactions: Shellz

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Call me crazy but if Quick figures it out the rest of the year, I still think he will be back next year on a cheap deal. Petersen is gone, even if they eat some salary in any kind of deal.
Doesnt this Copley signing sort of eliminate Quick from the equation next year? It does in my mind.. Cal is #3 or gone. They need to slot in #1 UFA or via trade which will eat JQ former salary.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
I say this with zero internal knowledge, having spoken to nobody about it and just thinking out loud...

You could convince me that the Copley signing was done for three or four immediate outcomes.

What you can't convince me of is that it's "just" some simple contract work in the midst of a season and it's happening in a vacuum and doesn't have anything to do with the immediate future.

What it actually means isn't clear and I could be talked into at least three possible plausible paths (so far)... but I don't believe it means nothing.

Again I stress... this is based on nothing and I haven't spoken, texted or emailed anybody I work with about this.

If it turns out I'm wrong I reserve the right delete this post.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I say this with zero internal knowledge, having spoken to nobody about it and just thinking out loud...

You could convince me that the Copley signing was done for three or four immediate outcomes.

What you can't convince me of is that it's "just" some simple contract work in the midst of a season and it's happening in a vacuum and doesn't have anything to do with the immediate future.

What it actually means isn't clear and I could be talked into at least three possible plausible paths (so far)... but I don't believe it means nothing.

Again I stress... this is based on nothing and I haven't spoken, texted or emailed anybody I work with about this.

If it turns out I'm wrong I reserve the right delete this post.
Jesse do you offer choice of dressing w that word salad? Jk man, i think i know what meant :)

• Haha
Reactions: Schrute farms
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad