Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Interesting at the end with Lombardi. Sounded a little burnt out/tired after the second cup which had him not following the process which in turn led to bad decisions and trades. Took the blame for not addressing issues that come with success and the Voynov/Stoll situations, said it was on him.

Reactions: Mattias

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Captain's Log
Day 10 Without Kings Hockey

There's no end in sight. Feeling forsaken, the village has started constructing a golden bust of Marc Crawford. "Allison and Deadmarsh will be back by Christmas," they chant. Time is not a construct in this so-called 'all star break.' The only sense of time we have is watching the games played counter on the Pacific standings creep up. Blake and company are nowhere to be found; but there are no waves in this ocean. We instead search for salvation in red practice jerseys, and find none. It's cold. hold me.

Suddenly, a silhouette on the horizon! Can it be? is it reinforcements? The figure comes closer...it's @Axl Rhoadz , simply bearing a tablet that says "See we're still in a f***ing playoff spot you f***ing twats."

There is no hope.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I still can't believe that no other org-an-eye-zation has hired him as a GM
He had a great interview on the Cam and Strick podcast talking about how he doesn't want to do any of the GM duties. His life is basically scouting players and working on his ranch. It really seems like he just loves the hockey side of things and talked a lot about how much the other stuff weighed on him.

Edit: Oops, seems like 10 guys already said the same thing to you, sorry!

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
He had a great interview on the Cam and Strick podcast talking about how he doesn't want to do any of the GM duties. His life is basically scouting players and working on his ranch. It really seems like he just loves the hockey side of things and talked a lot about how much the other stuff weighed on him.

Edit: Oops, seems like 10 guys already said the same thing to you, sorry!
That's all good bro. I appreciate everyone's desire to help a legless mental patient

You are all aces in my book
1676051816231.png

Reactions: King'sPawn

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
Captain's Log
Day 10 Without Kings Hockey

There's no end in sight. Feeling forsaken, the village has started constructing a golden bust of Marc Crawford. "Allison and Deadmarsh will be back by Christmas," they chant. Time is not a construct in this so-called 'all star break.' The only sense of time we have is watching the games played counter on the Pacific standings creep up. Blake and company are nowhere to be found; but there are no waves in this ocean. We instead search for salvation in red practice jerseys, and find none. It's cold. hold me.

Suddenly, a silhouette on the horizon! Can it be? is it reinforcements? The figure comes closer...it's @Axl Rhoadz , simply bearing a tablet that says "See we're still in a f***ing playoff spot you f***ing twats."

There is no hope.
That sounds grand compared to my last 10 days. Father in law fell on his walk last Thursday and I had to go find him as it was getting dark. He ended up in the hospital a couple of days later with pneumonia while I came down with COVID at the same time. My wife got a call from her dad in the middle of the night last night thinking the doctor told him he had a 50/50 chance of making it through the night. She drives in at 1am and finds out he misunderstood . He might need a ventilator. Wife is completely overworked and stressed. The youngest couldn't sleep last night because of a cough and now I have a COVID buddy that loves watching My Little Pony. The good news is I don't have to plan for Valentine's Day. I need some hockey.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I still can't believe that no other org-an-eye-zation has hired him as a GM
In his last interview I heard he said something along the lines that he doesn't want to be GM anymore and prefers being in the lower ranks and feels a strong connection with the Flyers and those behind the scenes he has bonded with.

Edit - LOL! I am sorry for the late response after it was answered 50 times :P At work and it took me like an hour to respond.

Last edited:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

If we are going full Three Amigos here, we have to include the best scene of the movie

That sounds grand compared to my last 10 days. Father in law fell on his walk last Thursday and I had to go find him as it was getting dark. He ended up in the hospital a couple of days later with pneumonia while I came down with COVID at the same time. My wife got a call from her dad in the middle of the night last night thinking the doctor told him he had a 50/50 chance of making it through the night. She drives in at 1am and finds out he misunderstood . He might need a ventilator. Wife is completely overworked and stressed. The youngest couldn't sleep last night because of a cough and now I have a COVID buddy that loves watching My Little Pony. The good news is I don't have to plan for Valentine's Day. I need some hockey.
sounds like someone needs a sweater more than El Guapo. I hope life gets better soon bro!

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope you and your family get some respite soon <3

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
If we are going full Three Amigos here, we have to include the best scene of the movie

sounds like someone needs a sweater more than El Guapo. I hope life gets better soon bro!

Greatly appreciate the laughs!

Reactions: Lt Dan

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Jeez, best wishes to you and everyone around you. It all seems to happen at once, eh? That just means you get through it together instead of alone. I hope you get rest and recovery in short order.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Greatly appreciate the laughs!
of course my friend. Laughter IS the best medicine.

Too much stress can effect one's physical health as well. If things spiral anymore, ask for help. I was in a similar situation a little while back and didn't get help trying to be superman and it almost killed me and ended very badly.
If you ever need a friend or a non-judgmental legless friend, just reach out.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
You're doing the same old obfuscation act.

Your original claim was that teams never trade for or add big AAV players, therefore any notion of trading a $10 million Kopitar was always unrealistic.

This is factually incorrect, and you know it. Just take the L.

And you act as though it's common, and that context never makes it into the equation.

Yes, trading a 30+ year old with a NMC and multiple years at a $10m hit was and is unrealistic. I will die on that hill, because you can't show me otherwise. You can show a much younger big money guy being traded(not many though). You can show an even older player with a couple years left being dealt(not many though). What you can't show is a guy in Kopitar's situation being dealt.

It's also factually incorrect, and you can see the numbers, that the Islanders traded for an $8.5m player mid-season. That did not happen. That is not a nitpick. That is a basic hard fact of the case. In no way are either the Islanders or Canucks currently working under an $8.5m contractual obligation to Bo Horvat 50+ games into the 22-23 NHL season. You cant get that wrong, and think you get a W.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
From what Dean has said, he has no desire to take on another GM role. I think his last couple of seasons and the debacles with Team USA at the international stage did a number to him.
He also talked about how as GM, you have to deal with 100 other things not related to hockey. Whereas when you’re a scout, that’s all you have to worry about.

Edit: beaten to it. Should have refreshed the page.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
And you act as though it's common, and that context never makes it into the equation.

Yes, trading a 30+ year old with a NMC and multiple years at a $10m hit was and is unrealistic. I will die on that hill, because you can't show me otherwise. You can show a much younger big money guy being traded(not many though). You can show an even older player with a couple years left being dealt(not many though). What you can't show is a guy in Kopitar's situation being dealt.

It's also factually incorrect, and you can see the numbers, that the Islanders traded for an $8.5m player mid-season. That did not happen. That is not a nitpick. That is a basic hard fact of the case. In no way are either the Islanders or Canucks currently working under an $8.5m contractual obligation to Bo Horvat 50+ games into the 22-23 NHL season. You cant get that wrong, and think you get a W.

Whether the Islanders added Horvat's AAV mid-season or offseason is not the point. Do you really not comprehend that?

This is why I constantly call you out for being a troll. You demand hyper specificity when you know it's unreasonable or unfalsifiable, and the argument doesn't call for specificity at all. It's straight out of the Jordan Peterson school of debate, and it's obnoxious, bad faith rhetoric.

No one is going to be able to point to a player like Kopitar being traded because there's only one Kopitar. Moreover, no one disputes the claim that large AAV players being moved is rare. It is rare. But it DOES happen. Your insistence that it doesn't, and it could've never happened, is why this argument continues.

Jack Eichel. $10 million AAV. Traded mid-contract.

OEL. $8.25 million AAV. NMC. Traded mid-contract.

PK Subban. $9 million AAV. NMC. Traded mid-contract.

Ryan O'Reilley. $7.5 million AAV. Traded mid-contract.

Shea Weber. $7.8 million AAV. Traded mid-contract.

Need I go on? I didn't even include all the players who were traded and immediately extended for high AAVs, or players added via free agency with high AAVs, because surely you'll pretend those don't count.

It is absolutely reasonable to believe that if Anze Kopitar were made available sometime between 2016-2019, he could have been traded. Would the Kings need to retain? Possibly. Would they have received a lucrative return? Potentially.

I can't argue the specifics with you because this trade never happened. Your insistence that it couldn't have happened under any circumstance is what myself and others are disputing.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Ottawa traded Karlsson and he returned a 1st round pick and a top prospect. I don’t see why anyone would think the Kings couldn’t have gotten something for Kopitar and/or Doughty had they decided to go in that direction with a full tear down rebuild.

Kopitar was a Hart finalist in 2018, you mean to tell me no one would have been interested in the summer of 19?

Reactions: SettlementRichie10

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa traded Karlsson and he returned a 1st round pick and a top prospect. I don’t see why anyone would think the Kings couldn’t have gotten something for Kopitar and/or Doughty had they decided to go in that direction with a full tear down rebuild.

Kopitar was a Hart finalist in 2018, you mean to tell me no one would have been interested in the summer of 19?

100%....someone would be interested......WHY in the hell would the Kings make that kind of deal though?

Are we saying Ottawa is in a better spot because of that trade? It's debatable, they actually have to win something before I say they are....

Who was that last Hart finalist that was traded the year after...without there being financial or personnel issues? Nearly none....

I love how they point out that Subban and Weber were both traded mid-contract, without mentioning...it was FOR EACH OTHER.....the money worked...let's ignore that tidbit.....

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
My insider information is telling me Rob is holding off till after the Brown Ceremony to drop the Chychrun bomb and ship off half our roster to AZ.

I'm hearing Turcotte and Spence along with other pieces; more news at 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad