Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
It would be really interesting to see what we could get for players like Arvidsson, Moore, Iafallo, Lizotte, Roy, Durzi, Edler, and Walker. Not saying it would benefit the team but we have guys that will need roster spots next season. It’s possible we just waive them, but again, interesting. Let’s assume some bizarro world where we lose every game between now and the trade deadline and we move all eight. What does our roster look like?

Byfield - Kopitar - Kempe
Fiala - Danault - Vilardi
Turcotte - Kupari - Kaliyev
Fagemo - JAD - Grundstrom

Anderson - Doughty
Bjornfot - Spence
Moverare - Clarke

Madden, Thomas, and Villalta will require waivers starting next season as well.

Obviously not happening, but you probably get quite the haul from moving those guys.
Probably could get quite the haul, but we might as well move Fiala too because it will just be wasting away his prime years with that roster. Back into the mid 20's in goals for per game. We'd need a Vezina goalie to even stick around for the next 4 years, and honestly even if Kupari, Fagemo, and JAD are hitting their ceilings, I don't think it makes them as good as Arvidsson, Moore, and Iafallo.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
“So good defensively” lmao

I saw this. My god, it's if they don't even watch the games. The reason this over blow stat stick out is because the defense played so bad in front, giving up high grade turnovers, that lead to high grade shots and goals. Goaltending has been a issue for sure, but to use it as the problem is just stupid. They worst tandom in the lead don't have their teams in 2nd place.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Probably could get quite the haul, but we might as well move Fiala too because it will just be wasting away his prime years with that roster. Back into the mid 20's in goals for per game. We'd need a Vezina goalie to even stick around for the next 4 years, and honestly even if Kupari, Fagemo, and JAD are hitting their ceilings, I don't think it makes them as good as Arvidsson, Moore, and Iafallo.

For sure, and I agree. I’m actually advocating bringing in more veteran help. I don’t think we are too far from a contender and I really think the key is having four really good lines. Depth is king right now.

But it’s interesting as a thought experiment.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
It would be really interesting to see what we could get for players like Arvidsson, Moore, Iafallo, Lizotte, Roy, Durzi, Edler, and Walker. Not saying it would benefit the team but we have guys that will need roster spots next season. It’s possible we just waive them, but again, interesting. Let’s assume some bizarro world where we lose every game between now and the trade deadline and we move all eight. What does our roster look like?

Anderson - Doughty
Bjornfot - Spence
Moverare - Clarke

Obviously not happening, but you probably get quite the haul from moving those guys.
I would be fine for that lineup for the rest of the season going forward. The next draft is supposed to be fairly well stocked, so even if you get picks and prospects for the players you mention, there will probably be some decent players available in the 2nd round of the draft.

I doubt if any of the players you mentioned return a 1st round pick.

...and you are correct, it is never going to happen with current management. All of whom should be launched into the sun.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Ya I dont think Blake has any white powder under his nose...the window is just begin to crack open, no need to do anything drastic...in fact this could be a selling opportunity if you have an LD in your offseason plans. May not have one available now, but if you think you need to move a forward to fit everything under the cap, you do that now and maximize the return before making the move for the LD in the summer... thats a pipedream because it sends wrong. msg to fans and team.. but if you want to be brash Bellichik you do that.

Right now if they could find an average LHD, even as a rental would be an improvement. Something to get the pairing close to normal.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
There’s the possibility of goalie options out there. Demko might be available (though his injury scares me) Korpisalo, Portillo, off season you try Anderson (but health), maybe Vejmekla (don’t see it). Options are out there, Blake needs to dump Peterson though. Hard to see options during the season, unless Quick retires mid season or they run 3 goalies.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
If you are going to trade 23 1st....which seems like everyone has determined it's gonna be 16 or worse.......you need to A. make sure there's not a player you want in a position of need, (G,LD) etc.....AND you need to target a player of need, LD,G with term/age enough etc....other than that, what does he need to do really?
He needs to be smarter than you and I and every poster on all these boards.
If the Kings acquire anyone it should be someone they intend to sign longer term and have info that they will resign with the Kangs.

Last edited:

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

Anderson - Doughty
Bjornfot - Spence
Moverare - Clarke

It’s a bit to top heavy but I like it … maybeeeee

Moore - Danault - Kaliyev
Fiala - Turcotte - Vilardi
Kupari - JAD - Fagemo

D pairing the same and I would use the assets from moving the players you said for Vejmelka and Portillo. Of course Cal would need to be moved as well

Last edited:

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010

Anderson - Doughty
Bjornfot - Spence
Moverare - Clarke

They just signed Moore, hes not going anywhere. If we have really fallen off come TDL Im all for reading Arvy, but maybe he’s a summertime deal if we are in contention. Dont mind those lines though, I see Moore in at LW somewhere though.

Moverare isnt the answer for me on LHD. I think finding a steady, dependable rugged type that can handle minutes to anchor Clarke is in order

Reactions: kinghock

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I'll throw out another left hand defenseman who's quietly having a good season and might be had for a reasonable price. Jake Walman of the Detroit Red Wings. Very under the radar, last season of a $1M contract, 26 years old, good size and mobility. Detroit is having a decent season, but they sit outside the playoffs and have to jump another team to get in. If Yzerman decides to sell, Jake Walman could return a decent draft pick.

Or the Kings could bring back Olli Maatta, whose contract is also expiring. The Kings have two third round draft picks in 2023. I think Detroit might be a good trading partner. Something like a Sean Walker and a 3rd for Maatta and a 7th. Walman might be a bit pricier, as he's playing on their top pairing with Seider at times.

Reactions: Piston

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I'll throw out another left hand defenseman who's quietly having a good season and might be had for a reasonable price. Jake Walman of the Detroit Red Wings. Very under the radar, last season of a $1M contract, 26 years old, good size and mobility. Detroit is having a decent season, but they sit outside the playoffs and have to jump another team to get in. If Yzerman decides to sell, Jake Walman could return a decent draft pick.

Or the Kings could bring back Olli Maatta, whose contract is also expiring. The Kings have two third round draft picks in 2023. I think Detroit might be a good trading partner. Something like a Sean Walker and a 3rd for Maatta and a 7th. Walman might be a bit pricier, as he's playing on their top pairing with Seider at times.
I don't think Detroit moves Walman. If they are interest he would be a good target.
Depending on likleyhood to re-sign I would be ok with LA paying a premium

Reactions: lumbergh

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I don't think Detroit moves Walman. If they are interest he would be a good target.
Depending on likleyhood to re-sign I would be ok with LA paying a premium
Has to be an extension included for me. Is he RFA? If so much easier to swallow… given his age I assume he must be.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
Might be in the minority but I won't mind giving Lias Andersson another crack. He's healthy and playing well for the Reign.

The problem is that TM will only put Lias on line 4 and he's not a 4th liner.
Lias started 1 game on Kopi's line and he got injured (or banged up where he couldn't continue there) the 1st or 2nd period and never got another chance.

He has top 6 NHL hands and finishing abilities. Period. But that alone does not make him a top 6 forward.
But he should be a good 3rd line player that can produce some and be decent overall.
He was good with Vilardi preseason 21-22 and then they both sustained injuries and were never
together again. It seems it will never happen for Lias here. I was honeslty shocked, no team claimed him.
I think he would make a 3rd line for half of the NHL teams.

Reactions: Schmooley

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
The problem is that TM will only put Lias on line 4 and he's not a 4th liner.
Lias started 1 game on Kopi's line and he got injured (or banged up where he couldn't continue there) the 1st or 2nd period and never got another chance.

He has top 6 NHL hands and finishing abilities. Period. But that alone does not make him a top 6 forward.
But he should be a good 3rd line player that can produce some and be decent overall.
He was good with Vilardi preseason 21-22 and then they both sustained injuries and were never
together again.
It seems it will never happen for Lias here. I was honeslty shocked, no team claimed him.
I think he would make a 3rd line for half of the NHL teams.

Exactly, wouldn't a Fiala Vilardi Andersson line be something to try. He has shown more high end skill in the AHL than most of our prospects.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
once everyone is healthy LA has too many wingers without bringing another one up.
We are not healthy now. Bring him up, see what gives with the guy and then we have more assets for the TDL.

Last edited:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
We'll we are not healthy now. Bring him up, see what gives with the guy and then we have more assets for the TDL.
or then we lose him on waivers once players return. I think I would rather have him as a security blanket for more injuries than bring him up now.

Honestly though he is not long for the Kings so anything they could get for him is likely a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad