Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
If their activities create a son, her hands can't be that great
There is a gimme layup here for the taking, but I prefer the Bird-like three-point shot while falling out of bounds degree of difficulty.

As an aside, these last couple of games have been critical to the organization's goal this season of being 1st round playoff fodder.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Lets not act like Lemieux has not deserved his reputation with officials.

I hope Blake does not wait till the offseason, but if he does than i am going to assume prices were too high this trade deadline.
Reputation for what being annoying?
Regardless all must be treated equal under the justice system/
He is not being treated equally at all.
Aside from that he doesn't really injure other players beyond there egos.
Like say a Reaves.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Reputation for what being annoying?
Regardless all must be treated equal under the justice system/
He is not being treated equally at all.
Aside from that he doesn't really injure other players beyond there egos.
Like say a Reaves.
We're not going to change the officials.. i think after biting kachuk he took another rep hit.. at this point its like he has leprosy... needs to go to a colony

Reactions: 21Dog

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
“So good defensively” lmao

It was a combo effect.. bad D and horrible goaltending... just looking at the personnel across all 6 spots, how could you ever assume the Kings D is good? factor in Durzi not a good defender to begin with, playing on his offside... where every pivot and pass is completely different. The guy needs to watch some games, eh? Now if he spoke to the quality of the forwards offensively and defensively, he'd be on to something.

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I think bold needs to happen when we have a legitimate shot. Right now the moves need to be deliberate and strategic. For example If the guy they want isn’t available until the offseason then they need to wait rather than get just anybody. Certainly no rentals. They have to plan so that any moves now fit into a targeted window for contention. Getting to the second round will be a great season.
Exactly these guys saying a move must be made this TDL or everything burns are losing it! Its 50 guys you can sign for the NHL, AHL and ECHL. You don't make bold moves until they are a slam dunk like Fiala or Danault.
Even then some moves don't pan out, ala Cal.
Blake is from the school of getting things done in the off season not the TDL.
No need to be delusional, desperate and a dip ship.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Exactly these guys saying a move must be made this TDL or everything burns are losing it! Its 50 guys you can sign for the NHL, AHL and ECHL. You don't make bold moves until they are a slam dunk like Fiala or Danault.
Even then some moves don't pan out, ala Cal.
Blake is from the school of getting things done in the off season not the TDL.
No need to be delusional, desperate and a dip ship.
Ya I dont think Blake has any white powder under his nose...the window is just begin to crack open, no need to do anything drastic...in fact this could be a selling opportunity if you have an LD in your offseason plans. May not have one available now, but if you think you need to move a forward to fit everything under the cap, you do that now and maximize the return before making the move for the LD in the summer... thats a pipedream because it sends wrong. msg to fans and team.. but if you want to be brash Bellichik you do that.

Reactions: kinghock

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
We're not going to change the officials.. i think after biting kachuk he took another rep hit.. at this point its like he has leprosy... needs to go to a colony
Hopefully officials can improve but ya its too late for Lem. He needs to be replaced. But that said the Kings can not afford to lose any semblance of toughness or semi/deterrents without replacing them. Includes Lem and Roy, especially with youngsters coming in the next few seasons.
Good poin its goaltending and D.
Durzi is improving and not being as risky, he is adjusting to his off side.
Far from perfect as we saw last game.
I beleive in what Blake is doing, playing chess with the roster.
Look at Cal, one bad move can jeopardize all progress.
Cheers Mojo!

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Hopefully officials can improve but ya its too late for Lem. He needs to be replaced. But that said the Kings can not afford to lose any semblance of toughness or semi/deterrents without replacing them. Includes Lem and Roy, especially with youngsters coming in the next few seasons.
Good poin its goaltending and D.
Durzi is improving and not being as risky, he is adjusting to his off side.
Far from perfect as we saw last game.
I beleive in what Blake is doing, playing chess with the roster.
Look at Cal, one bad move can jeopardize all progress.
Cheers Mojo!
Whats up Nutz! if this is chess, blake is just moving his knight back and forth to its home square and leaving everything else intact. He will only exchange pieces if forced to... jk man, i know you like RB - he gets big props for Fiala.. most exciting player to watch since Zig.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Whats up Nutz! if this is chess, blake is just moving his knight back and forth to its home square and leaving everything else intact. He will only exchange pieces if forced to... jk man, i know you like RB - he gets big props for Fiala.. most exciting player to watch since Zig.
Its good to hold as many assets as possible, as long as possible. Look what happens when an injury bug hits. Also its more to work with when you finally make a move like Arvy or Fiala.
I get that guys here are getting frustrated and think they know which bullet is magic and they fantasize about firing it.
I was actually calling for Blake to be fired before the second half of last season.
After that I loved the way his acquisition gelled and the playoff run.
Completely shocked how much Quick has been exposed since then
I wanted to extend him but the guys saying age would catch up and he would be exposed were right.
So I am trying to remain more objective and patient.
I was hoping for the second round this year but with the goaltending, D, and injured forwards, I don't see it.
I still believe in integrating youth into a team at least making the playoffs because that is invaluable and the bottom line at the end of the year.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Who exactly is banging the drum for a huge TDL deal and saying the everything needs to burn down if that does not happen? Come back to reality.

I think it's pretty universal that something needs to be done on the goalie front. And most seem to agree LHD needs a fix (with some feeling some size/toughness too). But I think most feel those things needs to be done at the right time -- and this TDL might not be it due to overpay requirements and the Kings maybe not be ready for a true SC run. Last off-season or before via draft would have been good timing. Otherwise, it's this coming off-season (some even later) that feel huge moves need to be made.

Maybe i'm misreading the room with the above. But i think most would prefer not to overspend at the TDL for an immediate need. Long-term fix is where it is at -- and it's likely best to wait for summer (or later) when the right player(s) become available, and the value is relatively appropriate.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It was a combo effect.. bad D and horrible goaltending... just looking at the personnel across all 6 spots, how could you ever assume the Kings D is good? factor in Durzi not a good defender to begin with, playing on his offside... where every pivot and pass is completely different. The guy needs to watch some games, eh? Now if he spoke to the quality of the forwards offensively and defensively, he'd be on to something.

I think it's a lot more symbiotic than they're making it seem but the stats are absolutely ABSURD

Kings limit those hard chances and chances at all and their goaltending does not hold up to scrutiny. I do think there is some artificial deflation going on--ie see years and years with Quick, too, as well as the Martinez/Muzzin pairing's 99% dominance/1% catastrophic breakdown--but the conclusion isn't wrong, get some goaltending and this team should make some noise.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Who exactly is banging the drum for a huge TDL deal and saying the everything needs to burn down if that does not happen? Come back to reality.

I think it's pretty universal that something needs to be done on the goalie front. And most seem to agree LHD needs a fix (with some feeling some size/toughness too). But I think most feel those things needs to be done at the right time -- and this TDL might not be it due to overpay requirements and the Kings maybe not be ready for a true SC run. Last off-season or before via draft would have been good timing. Otherwise, it's this coming off-season (some even later) that feel huge moves need to be made.

Maybe i'm misreading the room with the above. But i think most would prefer not to overspend at the TDL for an immediate need. Long-term fix is where it is at -- and it's likely best to wait for summer (or later) when the right player(s) become available, and the value is relatively appropriate.
I felt the same way that this was not the year at the beginning of the season. But circumstances have developed that lead me to believe that it could be worth making a push this season, if the right personnel are available and can be acquired for reasonable prices. Look at the rest of the contenders in the Western Conference. Everyone is flawed. Colorado and Edmonton hardly look like they are ready for deep runs. VGK is very beatable. Dallas, Jets, Kraken, these are teams that do not frighten me. We might not be favored in our current iteration but there is no doubt the West is for the taking. Opportunity is on the doorstep for those who are ready.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I agree, but the Kings defense has improved a lot over the past month.

LA is now up to 11th in Expected Goals Against.

You can play good team D even with personnel shortcomings on the blue line.

Half our defensemen are actually quite good defensively.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

Yes!! especially the bolded part

Reactions: Schrute farms

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
“So good defensively” lmao

Deep fake, completely 100% false.......everyone knows on this board, LA sucks donkey balls every day....can't do shit right, I mean...hell, they barely have six NHL caliber D playing...right? Naw, this is all some bullshit strewn by people who have no idea what or who LA is, don't know the game itself, sure as shit don't know the pro game....and are just talking out of their ass.......

Right?

DoktorJeep

Fair winds and following seas Nikolai.
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Crazy that the Kraken got Tolvanen for free. 6 goals in 13 games and some of them snipes.
We got two top six forwards for free in Iafallo and Lizotte. Throw in Moore and Anderson, you’ve got 55% of the game being dominated by high floor scrubs, competition willing. Speaks wonders for the future.

Reactions: KINGS17

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com

If you are asking me nobody is saying go huge but any trade involving 1st round picks is significant.

@GoldenBearHockey said:
Doing it wrong, if Blake doesn't do anything this TDL, it doesn't mean prices were too high, it means he's a flipping moron who is in out of his depth, has no idea how to build a team, is content with doing nothing while everything around him burns....."
Next time read and digest the thread yourself

Your view that timing is important and Blake may do nothing is completely in sync with my thoughts.

"

Last edited:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
If you are asking me nobody is saying go huge but any trade involving 1st round picks is significant.

@GoldenBearHockey said:
Doing it wrong, if Blake doesn't do anything this TDL, it doesn't mean prices were too high, it means he's a flipping moron who is in out of his depth, has no idea how to build a team, is content with doing nothing while everything around him burns....."
Next time read and digest the thread yourself

Your view that timing is important and Blake me do nothing is completely in sync with my thoughts.

"

If you are going to trade 23 1st....which seems like everyone has determined it's gonna be 16 or worse.......you need to A. make sure there's not a player you want in a position of need, (G,LD) etc.....AND you need to target a player of need, LD,G with term/age enough etc....other than that, what does he need to do really?

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Deep fake, completely 100% false.......everyone knows on this board, LA sucks donkey balls every day....can't do shit right, I mean...hell, they barely have six NHL caliber D playing...right? Naw, this is all some bullshit strewn by people who have no idea what or who LA is, don't know the game itself, sure as shit don't know the pro game....and are just talking out of their ass.......

Right?
You are trying WAY too hard dude.

Reactions: Seattle King

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

I don't want to spend at all at the trade deadline. I prefer to unload something to a contending team, or a team that thinks the trade makes them contender and get some young talent back in places the Kings need it in return.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I felt the same way that this was not the year at the beginning of the season. But circumstances have developed that lead me to believe that it could be worth making a push this season, if the right personnel are available and can be acquired for reasonable prices. Look at the rest of the contenders in the Western Conference. Everyone is flawed. Colorado and Edmonton hardly look like they are ready for deep runs. VGK is very beatable. Dallas, Jets, Kraken, these are teams that do not frighten me. We might not be favored in our current iteration but there is no doubt the West is for the taking. Opportunity is on the doorstep for those who are ready.
Colorado hasnt had landeskog all season, he's due back soon after ASB.. Byram has been out a long time too. I think they'll be strong come playoff time.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I don't want to spend at all at the trade deadline. I prefer to unload something to a contending team, or a team that thinks the trade makes them contender and get some young talent back in places the Kings need it in return.

It would be really interesting to see what we could get for players like Arvidsson, Moore, Iafallo, Lizotte, Roy, Durzi, Edler, and Walker. Not saying it would benefit the team but we have guys that will need roster spots next season. It’s possible we just waive them, but again, interesting. Let’s assume some bizarro world where we lose every game between now and the trade deadline and we move all eight. What does our roster look like?

Byfield - Kopitar - Kempe
Fiala - Danault - Vilardi
Turcotte - Kupari - Kaliyev
Fagemo - JAD - Grundstrom

Anderson - Doughty
Bjornfot - Spence
Moverare - Clarke

Madden, Thomas, and Villalta will require waivers starting next season as well.

Obviously not happening, but you probably get quite the haul from moving those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad