Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Yes i do.! Durzi's,he's the playoff whipping boy, most justified i will agree, in this case he is not. Durzi did not cause the turnover along the boards, it's the forwards job to get the puck in deep, which they did not. if you can't understand that, I don't know what else to say.
how the f*** exactly are they supposed to get it deep when it was durzi's home run hand grenade that started the whole goddamn mess??

he literally had kupari wide open ready to receive with speed on his right and he launched a hand grenade down mid through 2 oilers because he has some of the worst tunnel vision i've ever seen in a hockey player

jesus christ guys pinning that play on kaliyev is INSANITY

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
how the f*** exactly are they supposed to get it deep when it was durzi's home run hand grenade that started the whole goddamn mess??

he literally had kupari wide open ready to receive with speed on his right and he launched a hand grenade down mid through 2 oilers because he has some of the worst tunnel vision i've ever seen in a hockey player

ven if you want to pin it on AK, the amount of times one has to go "well it's not Durzi's fault" makes it Durzi's fault.

Like I said in the other thread, it's Jack Johnson theory. The amount of times you go out of your way to explain his plus/minus means he's earned it.

Like we are already two days past me explaining to someone that his advanced stats were literally the worst I've ever seen from a regular NHLer in a game (and that importantly, the eye test matched) and we had people rushing to his defense, I'm not sure what to say other than "I told you so" and let someone else strangle themselves over it at this point

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
ven if you want to pin it on AK, the amount of times one has to go "well it's not Durzi's fault" makes it Durzi's fault.

Like I said in the other thread, it's Jack Johnson theory. The amount of times you go out of your way to explain his plus/minus means he's earned it.

Like we are already two days past me explaining to someone that his advanced stats were literally the worst I've ever seen from a regular NHLer in a game (and that importantly, the eye test matched) and we had people rushing to his defense, I'm not sure what to say other than "I told you so" and let someone else strangle themselves over it at this point
seriously

this is some "he touched it last!" neener neener crap blaming kaliyev

Reactions: chris kontos

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
I think your definition of the long bomb pass need adjusting. His job is to get it out of the zone which he did, right on kaliyevs stick who was about 3 or 4 feet inside the redline, who tried to tip it to grundy at the far blue line, thats where the 1st turnover happened. Watch it again, Kaliyev does some kind of shovel pass after he controls of the puck. Once that puck is on another guys stick, it's no longer durzi's responsibility.

I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll find a relative of Durzi started Nickleback.
No, the puck was not "right on" Kaliyev's stick. It was tipped by an Oiler player because Durzi tried to make a hero pass between two Oilers players to another player almost 100 feet away. It was a fluttering puck that Kaliyev would have had to have caught with his hand to control. Perhaps you should go watch the full sequence again.

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 7.37.11 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 7.37.30 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 7.37.53 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 7.38.21 PM.png

And no, Durzi's job is not just "to get it out of the zone"; his job is to get it out of the zone in a safe manner and not put his teammates in vulnerable positions. Trying a stretch pass through two forecheckers to a covered player almost 100 feet away is not Durzi doing his job.

Re: "Once that puck is on another guys stick, it's no longer durzi's responsibility." That is a hilariously blinkered take on how hockey works. Good luck on getting anyone who has an ounce of hockey sense to sign off on the "off my stick, not my problem" defense.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016

The coach also should have some blame. Game 1 it was apparent they should avoid having the fourth line and third pair out at the same time. Its hard if play is moving and changes are constantly on the fly but I think that instance may have had a faceoff just before.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023

This guy durzi is not an nhl player. Per stats and more importantly, the eye test.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
No, the puck was not "right on" Kaliyev's stick. It was tipped by an Oiler player because Durzi tried to make a hero pass between two Oilers players to another player almost 100 feet away. It was a fluttering puck that Kaliyev would have had to have caught with his hand to control. Perhaps you should go watch the full sequence again.

View attachment 693540
View attachment 693541
View attachment 693542
View attachment 693543

And no, Durzi's job is not just "to get it out of the zone"; his job is to get it out of the zone in a safe manner and not put his teammates in vulnerable positions. Trying a stretch pass through two forecheckers to a covered player almost 100 feet away is not Durzi doing his job.

Re: "Once that puck is on another guys stick, it's no longer durzi's responsibility." That is a hilariously blinkered take on how hockey works. Good luck on getting anyone who has an ounce of hockey sense to sign off on the "off my stick, not my problem" defense.
Seeing this sequence frame by frame pisses me off even more. Kupari is sitting to his right without an Oiler around him by the time he releases the puck right up the god damn middle. He could've passed it off to Kupari who could've skated it out and safely put it up the boards, or Anderson could've done the same thing.
Durzi is just not a smart hockey player. He should not be playing in the NHL. How the coaches do not see this completely baffles me. Put the best players on the ice that give the team the best chance to win.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
T
Seeing this sequence frame by frame pisses me off even more. Kupari is sitting to his right without an Oiler around him by the time he releases the puck right up the god damn middle. He could've passed it off to Kupari who could've skated it out and safely put it up the boards, or Anderson could've done the same thing.
Durzi is just not a smart hockey player. He should not be playing in the NHL. How the coaches do not see this completely baffles me. Put the best players on the ice that give the team the best chance to win.
There were 4 passing options.

1. Anderson which was fine not to take although Anderson could have passed it straight back in a 1-2 approach or he could just chip it out. The 1-2 would have been ok if no other lanes were open as it potentially allows a regroup or (depending on how the Oilers set up) other passing/breakout options to develop.
2. Kupari in miles of space is the obvious safe play and given the game situation the smart one.
3. Grundstom. His body position and angle makes that the ’safe’ aggressive play if the pass is executed perfectly. That’s the play if you are a goal behind.
4. Or there is the low percentage play to Kaliyev. The pass is deflected and he’s immediately under pressure.

Could Kaliyev have done better, possibly and some players would have done. However, he should never have been put in that position as it was the worst option and he most likely never expected such a low% play.

Reactions: chris kontos

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Imo that Kayilev and Bjornfot are trade bait if the Kings don’t move Iafallo or Arvidsson.

It’s obvious the Kings two big LHD if Gavrikov and Edler leave and Bjornfot doesn’t fit that bill. The next LH to make the Kings will be Krygier not Bjornfot.

They also have Chromiak. He’s only 20 and also a right handed RW.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Do we think the Kings could bring Lemieux back or that ship has sailed?

I think part of the issue is they have a lot of depth at LW and Grundstrom and him were basically splitting that 4th like LW for two years.

Then the Kings moved Vilardi and Byfield to the wing and traded for Fiala.

The lack of depth is at RW. So if the Kings replace MacEwen it will likely be a RW tough guy.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
this offseason the brain trust needs to get rid of kaliyev if they think macewen is an upgrade. as stated above they have chromiak coming up and he's been a prolific goal scorer at every level. hopefully the brain trust wont bury chromiak like they have arty

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
With the Reign season over who will they call up?

Spence
Bjornfot
Moverare
Turcotte
Fagemo
Andersson (although needs a new number) I could see them not calling him up; TM doesn't trust him and he just doesn't play hard enough to play in NHL playoffs. Has NHL hands and scoring touch but that is not happening on line 4 in NHL playoffs

Pinelli from OHL (his season ended when Kitchener lost in rd 2)

If Turcotte is 100%, would not mind having him play line 4.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
With the Reign season over who will they call up?

Spence
Bjornfot
Moverare
Turcotte
Fagemo
Andersson (although needs a new number) I could see them not calling him up; TM doesn't trust him and he just doesn't play hard enough to play in NHL playoffs. Has NHL hands and scoring touch but that is not happening on line 4 in NHL playoffs

Pinelli from OHL (his season ended when Kitchener lost in rd 2)

If Turcotte is 100%, would not mind having him play line 4.
To me this list is short one:

Spence
Bjornfot
Turcotte

P.S. Fagemo is injured.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
The first year is this year (2022-23)
The second year is next year (2023-24)

That's some weird **** and funny math. It's like making New Year's resolutions for 2023 on December 11th, 2023, when the "new" year is nearly over. They're signing him in late April for exactly what this season? And that what counts as the first year of his contract? :skeptic:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad