Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
I agree - Hoven can throw attitude on Twitter but I approached in person and he’s very nice.

Bernstein is very approachable and nice also.
I’m not sure what he’s going to say to a stranger that didn’t just just steal his parking spot at a grocery store. Have you ever been overtly rude to a stranger? When he’s online, he a narcissist and punch downer to anyone who he doesn’t agree with, or vise versa.

To his credit, he does a good job at covering the Kings. He brings something every day, even if some of it is assumed or opinion packaged as insider knowledge. The thing that bothers me is the line combinations report that he does. He’s been caught on many occasions for reporting an assumed line even though he wasn’t at a morning skate, only to make revisions later after he’s called on it.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
they need to trade kaliyev. he's played just enough to display his inexperience and deficiencys. never given a honest shot with the exception of a two game sample on i think the first line. he has lost the todd macclellan popularity contest.

dman3474

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
If the kings could really trade Roy to Buffalo for their first round pick you do that. See if they will take Iafallo (hometown boy) and get something else out of them too. They have plenty of cap space to make it work, want someone on the right side responsible to play with power and Iafallo really would be a good player to help a young team for their middle six.

On draft day you sit and see who that pick would get you in the first round, if there isn’t someone that is on the top of the kings draft list see If you can take the returns on the Buffalo trade and use them to get Crouse out of AZ, make them take walker on the return. AZ seems to be money motivated more than anything, they will save money by moving Crouse and getting walker and picks.

Reactions: YP44

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
If the kings could really trade Roy to Buffalo for their first round pick you do that. See if they will take Iafallo (hometown boy) and get something else out of them too. They have plenty of cap space to make it work, want someone on the right side responsible to play with power and Iafallo really would be a good player to help a young team for their middle six.

On draft day you sit and see who that pick would get you in the first round, if there isn’t someone that is on the top of the kings draft list see If you can take the returns on the Buffalo trade and use them to get Crouse out of AZ, make them take walker on the return. AZ seems to be money motivated more than anything, they will save money by moving Crouse and getting walker and picks.
Losing Roy hurts the team badly.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Of course it does. But if that's the only way to improve the overall lineup elsewhere, then that's what you got to do. In a perfect world, we send out our unnecessary items and fix our holes. But that's unrealistic. Something has to give in order to improve and add salary (GV, size/toughness, etc.) elsewhere. Just like giving up Faber & a 1st hurt in order to get Fiala. Same with the Richards, Carter, etc. trades.

Reactions: dman3474

dman3474

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
It does but he should get a great return and we need to make room on the right side. His contract is up after next season, how expensive will he be to sign?

I’m not really expecting being able to sign Gavrikov, at least not at a decent price. So getting 1-2 guys for the left side to fill Roy’s roll would be ideal

Reactions: Schrute farms

Schrute farms

Jul 7, 2020
It does but he should get a great return and we need to make room on the right side. His contract is up after next season, how expensive will he be to sign?

I’m not really expecting being able to sign Gavrikov, at least not at a decent price. So getting 1-2 guys for the left side to fill Roy’s roll would be ideal
exactly. Same with Arvi. Are you really going to sign/extend them? I can't see it happening. So it's lose stuff in 2023-2024 season because you can't fit in salary wise; and then lose those two after one more season (for nothing). Or trade one (or both) with one season left, get value, and open up space for other pieces that fit needs and for the LT.

These are things that should have been considered and planned out before you sign Moore (etc.) to extensions. Again, seems like no LT planning involved by this FO.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
exactly. Same with Arvi. Are you really going to sign/extend them? I can't see it happening. So it's lose stuff in 2023-2024 season because you can't fit in salary wise; and then lose those two after one more season (for nothing). Or trade one (or both) with one season left, get value, and open up space for other pieces that fit needs and for the LT.

These are things that should have been considered and planned out before you sign Moore (etc.) to extensions. Again, seems like no LT planning involved by this FO.
It'll hurt a lot to lose Arvi, but also probably wouldn't be the best idea to keep him either. It wouldn't be as bad if any prospects showed signs that they could replace his production. It almost feels like the Kings "window" for being a playoff team is gonna close just as fast as it opened.

dman3474

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 21, 2009
L.A.

If Roy was left handed he would be extended in a heartbeat. Trade him and fill other holes in the roster. I still have hopes for Bjornfot to turn into this type of player. Roy was as old as Bjornfot is now when he broke into the league.

Red Wings are looking for skill like Arvi, pair him and durzi off and take one of their LD+

Reactions: Schrute farms

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
Somebody will give it to him but LA shouldn't. Sucks, but is what it is.
I would make sure we don’t lose him. With him we have a massively improved defense and I would be willing to deal other parts off because he is a piece that actually helps balance this team. He’s a super important part of this core IMO, if we can make him one.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
32 thoughts talked about how kings were trying to re-sign Gavrikov to the 5 million range and that’s basically not good enough now. Look for him to try and get 6-7 on the open market this off-season.

We have a LHD we've been looking for years and the Kings go cheap? I expect him in the 6-7 range, similar to Ekholm. Dump some of our crap, and pay up .

Reactions: funky

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
We have a LHD we've been looking for years and the Kings go cheap? I expect him in the 6-7 range, similar to Ekholm. Dump some of our crap, and pay up .

He’s worth it given our severe lack of LHD planning and how he’s worked out so far. Just a gosh darn shame we couldn’t have locked him in when we traded.

If we sign him 6 years for 6.75, we might have to say goodbye to Korpisalo. Pittsburgh has 20 million in cap this year and could easily outbid us there. With Vilardi needing a good raise, we will have to do some big sales clearance to keep Gavrikov.

Blake has some work to do.

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
What a crappy backcheck by arty on the winning goal. He just stopped skating at the 9 sec mark and didnt put back pressure on the shooter. Not 100% his fault, but he had that reputation in junior for being lazy on the backcheck.

Reactions: Faterson

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
What a crappy backcheck by arty on the winning goal. He just stopped skating at the 9 sec mark and didnt put back pressure on the shooter. Not 100% his fault, but he had that reputation in junior for being lazy on the backcheck.

LA kept the shot to the outside and it was a good shot but one Korpisallo should have had. Not at all saying goaltending lead to the LAs loss as he held them in there. Just that this was not the best goal.

Schrute farms

Jul 7, 2020
Yeah, this is what happens when your GM is a newbie and doesn't have much of a plan. No true LHDs with size in the organization. should have been addressed in the draft; or else trading some our our excess youth positions (RHD, forwards) for youth positions needed (LHD, size/toughness).

It's like driving and only paying attention to the car in front of you -- not seeing the car cash/cops from behind or the multi-car crash up ahead. As GM, it's you job to have a plan for now, one year, year 2, five years out, etc. -- and multiple what-if scenarios for each. Not surfing and playing the hand dealt to you as it comes.

He’s worth it given our severe lack of LHD planning and how he’s worked out so far. Just a gosh darn shame we couldn’t have locked him in when we traded.

If we sign him 6 years for 6.75, we might have to say goodbye to Korpisalo. Pittsburgh has 20 million in cap this year and could easily outbid us there. With Vilardi needing a good raise, we will have to do some big sales clearance to keep Gavrikov.

Blake has some work to do.
Yup

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023

kaliyev shouldnt have turned the puck over. i think that if he would have had better puck security, this goal wouldnt have happened.
lots of forwards getting back on d are pretty useless. The biggest factor imo on this goal against, was durzi not doing his job once again.

Reactions: kinghock
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad