Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Yeah, this is a very interesting game tonight. If the Kings get dominated like they did last year in game two, hard to imagine the series will turn out differently this time around. But they can just as easily turn on the jets with Vilardi back in the lineup. Gabe is a high impact player on both sides of the puck. The Iafallo-Lizotte-Vilardi line should really tilt the bottom six match ups in our favor.

Tough to say one way or the other. I don't think the Oilers just fold. They didn't last year after game one, nor down 3-2. They will be focused and motivated. It's just a matter of how we respond.

At the very least that game one steal has made the series much more interesting!

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Kings have too many midgets in my view (Lizotte, Moore, JAD and Durzi).
The only midget I really like is Arvidsson.
I've said it before that I "like" every player we have in a vacuum except Edler, and that's only becasue he's decrepit and can't move. But as for roster makeup, yeah we need the versions of Lizotte, Moore Durzi, `and Arvidsson that are 3-4 inches taller.

Reactions: Schrute farms

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I've said it before that I "like" every player we have in a vacuum except Edler, and that's only becasue he's decrepit and can't move. But as for roster makeup, yeah we need the versions of Lizotte, Moore Durzi, `and Arvidsson that are 3-4 inches taller.
OK.. but it'll cost you 1mil aav per inch (thats also what the penis enlargement doctor said to McDavid)

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
32 thoughts talked about how kings were trying to re-sign Gavrikov to the 5 million range and that’s basically not good enough now. Look for him to try and get 6-7 on the open market this off-season.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
32 thoughts talked about how kings were trying to re-sign Gavrikov to the 5 million range and that’s basically not good enough now. Look for him to try and get 6-7 on the open market this off-season.
Somebody will give it to him but LA shouldn't. Sucks, but is what it is.

Reactions: Mattias

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
It's crazy - our defense last year consisted of:

Edler
Roy
Anderson
Maatta
Durzi
Spence

Edler was consistently playing close to 20 minutes a night. This year we sub out Gavrikov for Maatta and get a healthy Doughty back. I think that's definitely a much better look. Also, Korpi so far seems to be the type of guy that really steps up in the playoffs when he's needed. I gotta think we won't see any huge blowouts in this series, but i've been wrong before.

On the offensive side, missing Arvidsson last year really hurt us - he had a huge impact in game 1. Also, we were still rolling with Brown, Athanasious and Lemieux. If we can get Vilardi back, that will give our team and PP and even bigger boost - not to mention creating some matchup issues on line 3 (hopefully) for Edmonton. I agree with a lot of people that say getting Vilardi back at this point is more important than Fiala. Fiala is definitely Mr. Dynamo but his knee-jerk penalties can potentially be an issue in the playoffs.

It will be a crying shame if we can't retain him on this team. Our defense is so good with him and the top 2 defensive pairings would be a handful for a majority of teams.

Reactions: bouncesonly

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I wonder where the Kings would rank if your took out Edler? he's 6'4" after all. Oilers just seem to have more guys that are closer to the average, making them feel bigger overall, as opposed to the Kings having some big guys and some midgets.
Not just Edler. Pretty much all the Kings "big guys" play timid or at least without any anger/toughness. Kopi is big but come on -- he's a lovable cuddly teddy bear. GV is a bit more grit but can't play that style. Byfield should, but he's a pup and hasn't gotten that edge yet (will he ever). Those three are some of the bigger guys and really other teams are probably more worried about Lizotte toughness wise than any of those three.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
If you sign Gav you trade Roy who will get paid like Gav in 1 more season. Gav is affordable with that assumption. Must free up slots on the right - thats where all the cheap talent is and then you can keep total d-corps AAV reasonable even with a Gav signing.

Reactions: Mattias

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004
If you sign Gav you trade Roy who will get paid like Gav in 1 more season. Gav is affordable with that assumption. Must free up slots on the right - thats where all the cheap talent is and then you can keep total d-corps AAV reasonable even with a Gav signing.

You'd make a horrible GM.

You don't trade Roy.

You put star player on LTIR, send him to Cabo with an exotic trainer to stay in shape and bring him back for the playoffs.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
How many more goals are we going to give up before we get a shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad