Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
These players all have value, though. You’re saying no one will trade a pick or two for someone like Iafallo?
Who is going to want Alex Iafallo taking up 4M of their cap for the next two years? Unless he has an epic playoff run, he has little to no value. Possibly negative.

(Maybe you were being sarcastic?)

Arvidsson you could probably move for a pick.

Walker has negative value.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

DapperDan

Bad Thoughts
May 26, 2008
place
Easier said than done.

The chances that you could trade away 10.9M in cap, with out taking any back, are extremely low.
Just to be clear, not saying this is all done in one magical deal. This would need to happen piecemeal throughout the summer. I really don't think it's very farfetched at all if the asking price is something like a low 2nd / high 3rd and below for each piece. I think a few teams would be interested in paying low and getting cost-controlled players vs competing for slim pickings in the FA pool

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Who is going to want Alex Iafallo taking up 4M of their cap for the next two years? Unless he has an epic playoff run, he has little to no value. Possibly negative.

Detroit could be a good landing spot for Iafallo or Durzi. Buffalo Vancouver and Montreal could use right dmen like Walker or Durzi.
It is not impossible and none have negative value.
Value wise you may not get much for Walker and Iafallo but Durzi could land a 2nd rounder plus.
Arvidsson I doubt will be on the trade block.
Peterson, Walker, Durzi, Iafallo, Bjornfot and the 2nd tier prospects like Madden, Grans, Dudas will probably be in play to get some picks and just to move bodies out.

Reactions: bouncesonly

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Just to be clear, not saying this is all done in one magical deal. This would need to happen piecemeal throughout the summer. I really don't think it's very farfetched at all if the asking price is something like a low 2nd / high 3rd and below for each piece. I think a few teams would be interested in paying low and getting cost-controlled players vs competing for slim pickings in the FA pool
You are not getting a 2nd or 3rd for Walker. It would be the Kings sending the draft picks the other way.

There's a possibility you get get something for Iafallo without taking cap back, but it's pretty unlikely. Most buying teams have little cap space, and dedicating 4M to a middling player like AI doesn't make much sense for most of them.

Detroit could be a good landing spot for Iafallo or Durzi. Buffalo Vancouver and Montreal could use right dmen like Walker or Durzi.
It is not impossible and none have negative value.
Value wise you may not get much for Walker and Iafallo but Durzi could land a 2nd rounder plus.
Arvidsson I doubt will be on the trade block.
Peterson, Walker, Durzi, Iafallo, Bjornfot and the 2nd tier prospects like Madden, Grans, Dudas will probably be in play to get some picks and just to move bodies out.

Madden and Dudas have zero value.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
I think people are being a little too harsh when they say Walker has negative value. I‘ve been as critical as anyone of TMs preferences when it comes to Walker vs Spence but the fact is that Walker is still a bottom pairing defenseman on one of the top teams in the conference with only one year left. The Kings not having room for him doesn’t mean other teams couldn’t use him. Moving his contract shouldn’t be an issue unless Blake and TM don’t want to move him.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I think people are being a little too harsh when they say Walker has negative value. I‘ve been as critical as anyone of TMs preferences when it comes to Walker vs Spence but the fact is that Walker is still a bottom pairing defenseman on one of the top teams in the conference with only one year left. The Kings not having room for him doesn’t mean other teams couldn’t use him. Moving his contract shouldn’t be an issue unless Blake and TM don’t want to move him.
Walker doesn't bring anything to the lineup that a dime-a-dozen 7th dman doesn't.

If you waived him, it's unlikely he would get claimed.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

Iafallo is a serviceable middle six forward with the track record and production to prove it. $4 is close to market value for a player like him. If you’re giving him away for free, a lot of teams would show interest.

Walker I agree has little to no value, and you may need to pay someone to take off your hands.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Walker doesn't bring anything to the lineup that a dime-a-dozen 7th dman doesn't.

If you waived him, it's unlikely he would get claimed.
Totally disagree on the waiver part. He’s a serviceable defenseman who can fill a spot for a team that’s lower in the standings. Not every team is loaded on defense like the Kings.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Totally disagree on the waiver part. He’s a serviceable defenseman who can fill a spot for a team that’s lower in the standings. Not every team is loaded on defense like the Kings.
Mike Reilly couldn't even get a waivers claim.

Troy Stecher is worth a 7th, and his cap hit is less than half of Walker's.

DapperDan

Bad Thoughts
May 26, 2008
place
You are not getting a 2nd or 3rd for Walker. It would be the Kings sending the draft picks the other way.

There's a possibility you get get something for Iafallo without taking cap back, but it's pretty unlikely. Most buying teams have little cap space, and dedicating 4M to a middling player like AI doesn't make much sense for most of them.

Madden and Dudas have zero value.
Wasn't saying Walker himself gets a 2nd. I could see Arvidsson getting a low 2nd, maybe one in a later year. Iafallo could get a 3rd. Walker anywhere from a 5th to futures.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Was jus
LA just acquired the rights to LHD Cole Krygier 6'3 7th rounder drafted by Florida.

Interesting add when/if he signs.
Was just gonna post this - he's big and a lot of PIM's.

Blake is finally seeing what we are all seeing - Kings are getting creamed and the D is soft and will be even softer if Gavrikov walks and Edler retires. This is a big, mean LHD, who is already 22.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
LA just acquired the rights to LHD Cole Krygier 6'3 7th rounder drafted by Florida.

Interesting add when/if he signs.

f***, brutal trade.....imagine not doing anything to solve the LHD we have....and then...wait...what he's a LHD?

He's the son of Todd Krygier......and a lottery ticket...if he pans out, great, if he doesn't, we didn't really lose anything., maybe he's the Roy of LHD

Reactions: Fat Elvis

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
@Herby tell us who Cole Krygier is from Michigan State please.

The Krygier brothers have been a staple at MSU for about a decade. They all play the same type of game, bigger physical defenseman who are pretty limited beyond that. MSU finally had a bit of a pulse this season after being dreadful for quite some time and Cole had a good enough season with some competent talent around him where he could get an NHL contract.

Probably a career AHL'er though. I'm guessing the Kings will give him an ATO and get a closer look at him in Ontario and then decide if he warrants a contract. The FC's probably only happen if he signs with the Kings, and even then I can't imagine it's anything more than a 7th round pick or a comparable player in the system.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
You know, I am all for certain players replacing others (like Spence for Walker, Bjornfot for Edler, etc), but I think some of you are underselling the vets if you think Walker, Iafallo, etc have zero or even negative value.

Reactions: Nasti

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Was jus

Was just gonna post this - he's big and a lot of PIM's.

Blake is finally seeing what we are all seeing - Kings are getting creamed and the D is soft and will be even softer if Gavrikov walks and Edler retires. This is a big, mean LHD, who is already 22.

This is very unlikely to be an NHL move. Teams need to fill out minor league rosters, and many of those guys are signed to NHL contracts. He can be a physical presence with maybe a pinch of offense for the Reign, who like the Kings could use someone like that. Although I think this season was a bit of a fluke with the goals, but can still be a useful minor league defenseman.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
You know, I am all for certain players replacing others (like Spence for Walker, Bjornfot for Edler, etc), but I think some of you are underselling the vets if you think Walker, Iafallo, etc have zero or even negative value.
I hope that's true. If it is, it raises another question which is why they favor Walker over Spence if they could actually trade Walker for anything? They're going to have to ship out at least one or more of these guys in the offseason. I hope they don't have to add sweeteners to make it happen.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Kings will move on from Walker, Cal Peterson and likely 1-2 forwards on this off season.
they either need to pay someone to take Cal or wait a year to buy him out
If they buy him out this offseason, the cap hit is higher than it would be if they just buried him in the minors

1679344079465.png

1679344098794.png

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I'm thinking Florida did Krygier a favor as they might not have been interested in signing him to the required 2 year ELC; Florida already has 5 LD signed for the AHL next year. So they traded him now so he might get a jump start on his pro career instead of waiting to sign as a free agent in August. Like Herby said, I wouldn't expect much more than Krygier being an AHL depth piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad