Kyle Dubas will not be back as GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
ah ok

if you think a selke nominated player (leafs best PKer) who consistently gets over 90 points isn't worth $10 million and a consistent PPG/30+ goal player who consistently tilts the ice isn't worth... uhhh $7 million, then good luck with that brain damage?

Mitch Marner is gonna use that joke of a Selke nomination to try to extort an even larger contract from the next Leafs GM. Fortunately for Toronto, Kyle Dubas is no longer going to be there to bend over and give it to him.

Reactions: Walrus26 and BTO

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
toronto loses their best GM they've had in the last 5 decades, yikes.
Perhaps in two. Quinn's Leafs and Fletcher's Leafs would have sent the Panthers to their safe space toute suite after Florida's first act of impunity.

(And full marks to Florida - entirely earned series win over our gentle squad).

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
You are NOT the GM of the Leafs.

I guess it could be too much change, but the new GM needs to fire Keefe and trade a core four member.

I guess if they fire Keefe they could run it back and see if a new coach and a new philosophy between the new coach and GM results in a different outcome.

If the Leafs are going to take the approach where they try to be the smartest person in the room by hiring a gm who thinks they're the smartest person in the room, they'll just end up doing the same as years past and failing.

Reactions: Rennlist

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
And now we see HF flip and pretend they haven't pretended he is a bottom 5 GM this whole time. He is an elite GM, and wherever he goes he will turn that franchise around.

Will be badly missed
I’ve always said he was underrated, so no this does not speak for me.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
I’d put money on this that he joins the Oilers next summer and the win a cup in a year or two.

Tuggy

Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
5 year window with a great core to work with, in arguably the biggest market in the league...and only comes out of it with 1 playoff series win.

You can dissect/analyze all his moves, signings, draft, etc, but at the end of the day results matter in a hockey market.

Fair or not...

trailer-park-boys-the-way-she-goes.gif

He could probably get another GM tomorrow if he wants to.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
You are NOT the GM of the Leafs.

I guess it could be too much change, but the new GM needs to fire Keefe and trade a core four member.

I guess if they fire Keefe they could run it back and see if a new coach and a new philosophy between the new coach and GM results in a different outcome.

If the Leafs are going to take the approach where they try to be the smartest person in the room by hiring a gm who thinks they're the smartest person in the room, they'll just end up doing the same as years past and failing.
Can you explain what the "be the smartest person in the room" approach entailed?

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Something is wrong with the makeup of the team and the core players. You need an objective person to come in and make the tough decisions as to who should be moved. Keefe also needs to be replaced and Dubas’ loyalty to his guy was probably an issue as well.
Curious to see what moves are made this summer.
Maybe one of Marner or Nylander moved for a tougher forward or D? They can’t just run it back again after another year of the core underperforming in the playoffs.

Reactions: Hockey Outsider

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
toronto loses their best GM they've had in the last 5 decades, yikes.

Let's be honest, they've been a failure for a few decades now, it doesn't mean much.

I've said it before, Dubas was overrated and while he did some decent moves, he couldn't address their real weaknesses and lost many trades. Short term vision.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I feel like Dubas is more suited as either an AGM or president of Hockey OPs focusing on organizational development as a whole vs roster construction.

I feel like that's where his strengths are.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
ah ok

if you think a selke nominated player (leafs best PKer) who consistently gets over 90 points isn't worth $10 million and a consistent PPG/30+ goal player who consistently tilts the ice isn't worth... uhhh $7 million, then good luck with that brain damage?
If you think two guys who’ve won nothing and are useless in the playoffs are worth $10+ million then good luck with that brain damage

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Look at the vultures who ripped on him for years now flock to this thread salivating that their team signs him.

The reaction would be the same with Keefe, Marner, Nylander, etc.

Reactions: Mitch nylander
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad