Value of: Kubalik

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Serious question, is Kubalik/Joseph and Greig more valuable to Ottawa than Pinto?

The only reason to trade Kubalik/Joseph is to make room for Pinto. Pinto would then push Greig to the AHL.
Pinto would not push Greig to the AHL.

They have 13 forwards right now. Kubalik / Joseph's trade opens up a spot for Pinto. If they decide to cut down to 12 forwards, Chartier gets sent down, not Greig. If they go back to 13, but have a full complement of centres, I'd bring up Smejkal instead of Chartier.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
The obvious choice is to trade Pinto. That bridge has been burned.

MoreGore

Jul 13, 2022
Pinto would not push Greig to the AHL.

They have 13 forwards right now. Kubalik / Joseph's trade opens up a spot for Pinto. If they decide to cut down to 12 forwards, Chartier gets sent down, not Greig. If they go back to 13, but have a full complement of centres, I'd bring up Smejkal instead of Chartier.

I would not play Greig 4th line minutes, I guess he could play the wing.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
That’s the dumbest choice and is based on totally made up reasoning. By all accounts he loves being here and loves being part of the young core. Source: his own father.

If only the Leafs traded Nylander 5 years ago, eh?
Leafs caved to Nylander and that ridiculous contract. Of course Nylander feels better.

This just seems like it's at the point of an arbitration type situation. Pinto saying why he worth something and Dorion saying why he isn't near as good as he thinks he is. Dorian is treating Pinto like an after thought. He took care of everyone else including making sure a defenseman with 70 something games is taken care of long term. But Pinto gets offered a $1m contract. Players who go through the arbitration process don't tend to stay.

Now Pinto sits at home hurting his career and money. You think that's OK with Pinto? You understand he's not a Sens fan right? He doesn't care about their cap problems. That's his employers problem and Pinto is getting the shaft. I don't see him as a long term Sen. It's clear they don't see him as a core piece.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Leafs caved to Nylander and that ridiculous contract. Of course Nylander feels better.

This just seems like it's at the point of an arbitration type situation. Pinto saying why he worth something and Dorion saying why he isn't near as good as he thinks he is. Dorian is treating Pinto like an after thought. He took care of everyone else including making sure a defenseman with 70 something games is taken care of long term. But Pinto gets offered a $1m contract. Players who go through the arbitration process don't tend to stay.

Now Pinto sits at home hurting his career and money. You think that's OK with Pinto? You understand he's not a Sens fan right? He doesn't care about their cap problems. That's his employers problem and Pinto is getting the shaft. I don't see him as a long term Sen. It's clear they don't see him as a core piece.
Wishful thinking on your part.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Lol wat?

We're talking about Kubalik.

Nobody is giving anything of value for him.

He's not a superstar but he's pretty damn good...and great value at 2.5 M. One of the best goal per dollar players that isn't on ELC.

These are his goals per 82 games:

Or 24 goals per 82 over his career.

For 2.5 million? That's great value.

He obviously has value. It's just the first month of the season is when assets have the least amount of value compared to other times.

Reactions: Czechboy

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
He's not a superstar but he's pretty damn good...and great value at 2.5 M. One of the best goal per dollar players that isn't on ELC.

These are his goals per 82 games:

Or 24 goals per 82 over his career.

For 2.5 million? That's great value.

He obviously has value. It's just the first month of the season is when assets have the least amount of value compared to other times.
the reason his value is low is because everyone knows ottawa has to shed salary. gm's will use their leverage.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
the reason his value is low is because everyone knows ottawa has to shed salary. gm's will use their leverage.

That's not what he was saying though. He was laughing at kubalik the player saying he has no value.

Ottawa would rather keep him.

I'm guessing the move is to trade brannstrom for a late pick and replace him with kleven giving the sens 1.1 space...then when Pinto comes, you send Chartier down giving you another 850k...sign Pinto to like 1.9 or something.

I think that might be the best play.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
I’d take him on the sharks for free.

Chicago might take him back for free since Hall went down week to week. Could be a fun reunion.

Yeah I think this is his value, free to maybe two teams wiling to add him. Who else is even looking for the skillset he brings? The Sharks are willing to just add whatever talent they can and see if it fits, not many other teams are in that mindset right now. Teams want bottom 6 guys that can kill penalties or do other things, and most teams have their trigger guys on their PP set already.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010

Nylander’s contract was far from “ridiculous”, but nice try.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Serious question, is Kubalik/Joseph and Greig more valuable to Ottawa than Pinto?

The only reason to trade Kubalik/Joseph is to make room for Pinto. Pinto would then push Greig to the AHL.

With Norris out, Pinto would slot in at 2C and push Greig to 3C.

With Norris in, Pinto would slot in at 3C and Greig's spot is debatable. Some would suggest he goes to the AHL while others would have him in the bottom-6. Either way I don't think he's necesarily considered a big difference maker this year.

To answer the question - I'd guess most Sens fans would rather see Pinto in the lineup than Joseph/Kubalik, and Greig.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Wishing for what?

Compared to what? The comparable was Ehlers a 60 point skill winger who had more years and less cap hit. Nylanders took Dubas to the cleaners.
Pinto isn’t going anywhere. Let Sens fans worry about Pinto and you just enjoy .839 and 4.42

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Pinto isn’t going anywhere. Let Sens fans worry about Pinto and you just enjoy .839 and 4.42
I don't know what those numbers are. Good one.

After this gong show I doubt Pinto has much interest in an organization that seems like they couldnt care less about him.

Reactions: dirtydanglez

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I don't know what those numbers are. Good one.

After this gong show I doubt Pinto has much interest in an organization that seems like they couldnt care less about him.
Sure. Wishful thinking on your part.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Sure. Wishful thinking on your part.
Oh, you think Pinto has no problem sitting at home not getting paid, not getting better because the Sens took care of everyone else but him. You really think he feels that’s fair? That’s an interesting theory.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Oh, you think Pinto has no problem sitting at home not getting paid, not getting better because the Sens took care of everyone else but him. You really think he feels that’s fair? That’s an interesting theory.
It’s business. He will get signed soon and all will be forgotten.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He provides all his sage wisdom to Senator threads it seems.
I guess Nylander really held a grudge with the leafs while he waited 2 months for his contract. I know Brady Tkachuk was so upset about missing four games he only signed up for 7 years. Fools gonna be foolish.

Reactions: NyQuil

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
It's costing him money and playing time when he needs it most. If you think he's OK with it you are out to lunch.
If you think he’s gonna hold it against the org, under new ownership and management, for the next 5 years, you’re at the boneheaded take buffet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad