Value of: Kubalik

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I guess Nylander really held a grudge with the leafs while he waited 2 months for his contract. I know Brady Tkachuk was so upset about missing four games he only signed up for 7 years. Fools gonna be foolish.

Daniel Alfredsson held out in 1997 and missed SIX (!) games of the regular season.

He was so enraged by his treatment that he only played for the Senators for 1,020 more regular season games across 15 seasons.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I guess Nylander really held a grudge with the leafs while he waited 2 months for his contract. I know Brady Tkachuk was so upset about missing four games he only signed up for 7 years. Fools gonna be foolish.

I think those situations are different because Nylander and Tkachuk wew back and forth negotiations. This sounds more like the contract details aren't an issue, the team just literally does not have a reasonable amount of space to extend the player so they're sitting at home twiddling their thumbs. Whether that's better or worse for a relationship is up to interpretation I guess.

Reactions: dirtydanglez

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I think those situations are different because Nylander and Tkachuk wew back and forth negotiations. This sounds more like the contract details aren't an issue, the team just literally does not have a reasonable amount of space to extend the player so they're sitting at home twiddling their thumbs. Whether that's better or worse for a relationship is up to interpretation I guess.
Unconfirmed

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
If you think he’s gonna hold it against the org, under new ownership and management, for the next 5 years, you’re at the boneheaded take buffet
You must be a Sens cheerleader to have that take. Pinto isn't a Sens cherrleader. That's his employer. His employer who is messing with his money and his career.

You think this is because Pinto wants more money than his comparable? Link please.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
You must be a Sens cheerleader to have that take. Pinto isn't a Sens cherrleader. That's his employer. His employer who is messing with his money and his career.
Lol

He’s not a Sens hater either, and when a new GM - supervised by a new POHO, hired by a new owner - offers him a long term deal at or even “above” market rate (see: every long term deal signed by this core) he’d have to be a Sens hater, an idiot, or both (hint hint) to turn them down.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Sens need to make space for Pinto and Kubalik, in my personal opinion, is the obvious choice to move.

What would teams offer up? He has a very good one timer and is good at getting open, but doesn't do a ton beyond that. He does put in a solid effort.

Sens would be looking ideally for a forward making less than $1.5m (at the absolute most) or, failing that, a prospect or pick

Obviously his value will be deflated but I think he's a guy teams would be interested in and pay modest value for
Dominik Kubalík value with no retention?

A 4th or 5th round pick or equivalent prospect (B-).

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Lol

He’s not a Sens hater either, and when a new GM - supervised by a new POHO, hired by a new owner - offers him a long term deal at or even “above” market rate (see: every long term deal signed by this core) he’d have to be a Sens hater, an idiot, or both (hint hint) to turn them down.
Lmao, this is fan fiction. Go Sens go! We know you're a Sens fanatic. You don't have to be so over the top.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Lmao, this is fan fiction. Go Sens go! We know you're a Sens fanatic. You don't have to be so over the top.
Lol, what is "fan fiction"? You think Dorion has a longterm future in Ottawa? Andlauer already hired someone to oversee him and is dealing with an impending lawsuit from a guy who Dorion wrongfully fired, floated libellous claims against, and then blacklisted his brother for half a year before firing him, too. If Pinto wants to leave Ottawa because of their soon-to-be-ex-GMs f***up, well, he's about as smart as you.

Sens have all the money they need to give him a big contract next year, he has no reason to turn it down other than... ? If he wanted out, he'd be gone/on his way out. Anyways, you'll see. I've been through this song and dance before, with Tkachuk, Stützle, Sanderson, Norris, Zub, etc

Last edited:

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Lol, what is "fan fiction"? You think Dorion has a longterm future in Ottawa? Andlauer already hired someone to oversee him. If Pinto wants to leave Ottawa because of their soon-to-be-ex-GMs f***up, well, he's about as smart as you.
the part where there is a big long term contract ready and waiting for him. no way of knowing if it pans out that way.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
the part where there is a big long term contract ready and waiting for him. no way of knowing if it pans out that way.
Ok, you're right, if Ottawa decides to not offer him a significant longterm contract he likely won't be with us after UFA. That's sort of a given, though, no? And that would be a case of Ottawa refusing to commit to Pinto... not the other way around.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Ok, you're right, if Ottawa decides to not offer him a significant longterm contract he likely won't be with us after UFA. That's sort of a given, though, no? And that would be a case of Ottawa refusing to commit to Pinto... not the other way around.
the way i see it is there was plenty of room to get an extension done for pinto this offseason and it didn't happened. ottawa went in a different direction. so why would pinto believe that next offseason it's guaranteed.

Reactions: TS Quint

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Dominik Kubalík value with no retention?

A 4th or 5th round pick or equivalent prospect (B-).
Considering the Sens situation that value makes sense

I would take that too tbh, gets pinto in the lineup and gives sens flexibility to recall some better options from the minors that aren't with the team due to cap

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
the way i see it is there was plenty of room to get an extension done for pinto this offseason and it didn't happened. ottawa went in a different direction. so why would pinto believe that next offseason it's guaranteed.
He wouldnt believe its guaranteed, no one is saying its guaranteed.

As things stand right now, though, there will be money next offseason to offer Pinto a good longterm deal. If we offer him a good longterm/medium term deal, and he feels it is fair value, I think he will happily sign it. Despite what some people in here say, there are a lot of signs that Pinto likes playing here and I dont think Dorion's shitty cap management/desperation to save his own tail will kill all the enthusiasm that he's shown towards his teammates & the organization

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Considering the Sens situation that value makes sense

I would take that too tbh, gets pinto in the lineup and gives sens flexibility to recall some better options from the minors that aren't with the team due to cap
Habs could use a middle six F with Dach out a while.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
He wouldnt believe its guaranteed, no one is saying its guaranteed.

As things stand right now, though, there will be money next offseason to offer Pinto a good longterm deal. If we offer him a good longterm/medium term deal, and he feels it is fair value, I think he will happily sign it. Despite what some people in here say, there are a lot of signs that Pinto likes playing here and I dont think Dorion's shitty cap management/desperation to save his own tail will kill all the enthusiasm that he's shown towards his teammates & the organization
i think pinto wants to stay but the longer this goes on the more damaged the relationship becomes. if ottawa offers him a sanderson-esque contract there is no way he turns that down. if that doesnt happen tho i could see him just doing short contracts that take him to ufa status so he then has all the leverage.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I don't know how anyone would know the "direction" the senators are going especially given that both Andlauer and Staois are new. Perhaps a clairvoyant or close personal friend of Andlauer/Staois like yourself could fill us in seeing as how much you know about this. To answer your question, I suppose someone like Andlauer or Staois could tell Pinto what the next season would entail for him. We shall see what happens.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
I don't know how anyone would know the "direction" the senators are going especially given that both Andlauer and Staois are new. Perhaps a clairvoyant or close personal friend of Andlauer/Staois like yourself could fill us in seeing as how much you know about this. To answer your question, I suppose someone like Andlauer or Staois could tell Pinto what the next season would entail for him. We shall see what happens.
went is past tense. you don't need to be a clairvoyant to know what already happened. ottawa spent $12m on tarasenko, korpisalo, brannstrom and hamonic. they also brought it $2.5m with kubalik. the money was there for a med/long term extension for pinto but the sens went in a different direction.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
went is past tense. you don't need to be a clairvoyant to know what already happened. ottawa spent $12m on tarasenko, korpisalo, brannstrom and hamonic. they also brought it $2.5m with kubalik. the money was there for a med/long term extension for pinto but the sens went in a different direction.
We know what Dorion did. We don't know what Andlauer & Staois will do.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Dorion is making decisions on a year-by-year basis at the absolute most because he is fighting for his job (or, more likely, a job elsewhere in the future). Staois will be taking a far broader view to the situation because he has as much job security as you can possibly have. Make the playoffs this year vs next year, no big difference for Staois & Andlauer.... career-altering difference for PD.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Lol, what is "fan fiction"? You think Dorion has a longterm future in Ottawa? Andlauer already hired someone to oversee him and is dealing with an impending lawsuit from a guy who Dorion wrongfully fired, floated libellous claims against, and then blacklisted his brother for half a year before firing him, too. If Pinto wants to leave Ottawa because of their soon-to-be-ex-GMs f***up, well, he's about as smart as you.

Sens have all the money they need to give him a big contract next year, he has no reason to turn it down other than... ? If he wanted out, he'd be gone/on his way out. Anyways, you'll see. I've been through this song and dance before, with Tkachuk, Stützle, Sanderson, Norris, Zub, etc
One of the longer straw men I have read on this site. Congrats. Keep waiving those pom poms.

P.S. you've been through this one Sanderson? Lol a guy they clearly have such priority on they signed to a monster contract after less than a season? That's the same thing as a player the Sens ran out of cap space not giving a crap about? I think you need to regroup and take a breath. Maybe you don't need to defend every indefensible thing the Sens do, maybe spend some time on the Sens board with more like minded people. Just enjoy some hockey.

Go Sens Go!

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
One of the longer straw men I have read on this site. Congrats. Keep waiving those pom poms.

P.S. you've been through this one Sanderson? Lol a guy they clearly have such priority on they signed to a monster contract after less than a season? That's the same thing as a player the Sens ran out of cap space not giving a crap about? I think you need to regroup and take a breath. Maybe you don't need to defend every indefensible thing the Sens do, maybe spend some time on the Sens board with more like minded people. Just enjoy some hockey.

Go Sens Go!
Lol I really dont think you even understand what's going on here, I'm not "defending" anything. Pinto will be negotiating his next contract with a different regime, it doesnt matter if Dorion views him as you say he does (ps he doesnt). You liked a post, just above me, saying basically exactly what I'm saying. But atta boy, call me a homer, tell me I'm angry and call it a day. You got my ass good. I'll keep doing what I want, you will do the same... its all good.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
One of the longer straw men I have read on this site.
Speaking of longer, why are you constantly in this thread? I suppose some people just like to troll, but it seems kind of obsessively weird. You seem compelled to provide advice, so why are you not on your board?

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
which is the point of the post. we don't know what ottawa will do next season. if pinto were to cave or sit out the year there is no guarantee that a long term contract is waiting for him next offseason.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
which is the point of the post. we don't know what ottawa will do next season. if pinto were to cave or sit out the year there is no guarantee that a long term contract is waiting for him next offseason.
There's many potential outcomes. Some might not even be Chicken Little sky is falling scenarios. We'll see what happens. Why are you so interested?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad