Ktown Sens Fan 19's Fantasy League - Discussion Thread (CAR and MIN available)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Richards or Keith may be moving within the next 48 hours so get your offers in. I am looking to add depth to me team so looking for at least 2 or 3 players in return. I have 9 top end prospects I could add to the deal

Will deal one of De Haan, Tedenby, Depres, Krieder, Carter, Shattenkirk to get a top 6 forward

PM

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Richards or Keith may be moving within the next 48 hours so get your offers in. I am looking to add depth to me team so looking for at least 2 or 3 players in return. I have 9 top end prospects I could add to the deal

Will deal one of De Haan, Tedenby, Depres, Krieder, Carter, Shattenkirk to get a top 6 forward

PM

Hint: You're not going to get a top 6 forward (8th rounder) for a single prospect (14th rounder) :).

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
EDIT: Nevermind, I see Reinprecht's already been picked by Carolina. Any other choices for this pick?

Chris Kelly anyone?

Kelly wouldn't be so bad. The other issue with Langkow is that he injured his spinal cord last season, and might even miss a week or two to begin the season. But again, unlike other players picked now, he actually has a chance to score 50.

I would say go with Kelly, the safer and cheaper pick. But it's your call.

OUT HOUSE

Feb 16, 2008
99 Rideau
How am I looking? Also looking to clear up some cap space if the deal(s) are right.

P. Kane - Bergeron - Hossa
Erat - B. Sutter - Stafford
Miettinen - Kennedy - Simmonds
Pyatt - xxxxx - xxxxx

Chara - Timonen
McCabe - Huskins

Niemi​

agrudez*

How am I looking? Also looking to clear up some cap space if the deal(s) are right.

P. Kane - Bergeron - Hossa
Erat - B. Sutter - Stafford
Miettinen - Kennedy - Simmonds
Pyatt - xxxxx - xxxxx

Chara - Timonen
McCabe - Huskins

Niemi​

Your worst fears (which I commented on not that long ago) were just realized in respect to Niemi, even if another team picks him up it will be as a 1B type deal and he will not enjoy near the success anywhere other than an epically stacked Chicago team that needed to be dismantled to be cap compliant the next year.

agrudez*

Nashville Predators

Doan(4.55)-Lecavalier(7.727)-Iginla(7)
Zherdev(2)-Roy(4)-Knuble(2.8)
Sullivan(3.75)-Dubinsky(1.85)-Brodziak(1.15)
Carcillo(1.075)-O'Reilly(0.9)-

Carle(3.4375)-Gilbert(4)
Bieksa(3.75)-
Cumiskey(0.6)-

Kiprusoff (5.833)

Figured I would give you all another chance to get back at me for any hard feelings I caused with my honest appraisals of your rosters. Feel free to be as brutal as you need to be, I hear it can be therapeutic.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Nashville Predators

Doan(4.55)-Lecavalier(7.727)-Iginla(7)
Zherdev(2)-Roy(4)-Knuble(2.8)
Sullivan(3.75)-Dubinsky(1.85)-Brodziak(1.15)
Carcillo(1.075)-O'Reilly(0.9)-

Carle(3.4375)-Gilbert(4)
Bieksa(3.75)-
Cumiskey(0.6)-

Kiprusoff (5.833)

Figured I would give you all another chance to get back at me for any hard feelings I caused with my honest appraisals of your rosters. Feel free to be as brutal as you need to be, I hear it can be therapeutic.

While I'm not in the game, I figured I'd drop my two cents.

Your entire top line is a question mark. You're banking on a bounce-back season by all 3 players. While thats entirely possible 'cause they're legit stars, Doan and Iggy are aging and may not put up first line numbers for much longer. Taking a huge gamble on them, and you're backing them up with some risky picks in Zherdev and Sullivan. Roy is a solid pick, good for 70 points.

Your defense is mediocre. Carle is the only good pick so far IMO. Bieksa will be shoved into big minutes on a new team most likely and he's going to be big minus player again this season. Gilbert is almost a guarantee to be minus in Edmonton. They might get you 30-40 points but they'll both be -10 to -20 players.

Kipper is a bit of a variable. Great #1 just on the decline as well.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
:stars

Benn-Thornton-Horton
Tanguay-Arnott-Williams
Kariya-Couture-______
_____-Colborne-_____

E.Johnson-Enstrom
Liles-Cowen

Lehtonen​

My team thus far.

I'm not sure if Cowen or Colborne are locks to make their respective rosters next year, but both are highly-touted prospects that I could stick on my minor league team until they're ready to make the big jump. Got a few reclamation projects on LW, including the unsigned Kariya, but I think he'll get inked eventually and hopefully become a top-sixer.

Lehtonen's obviously a gamble in Dallas, but he's been training real hard this offseason, something he isn't really known for.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
:stars

Benn-Thornton-Horton
Tanguay-Arnott-Williams
Kariya-Couture-______
_____-Colborne-_____

E.Johnson-Enstrom
Liles-Cowen

Lehtonen​

My team thus far.

I'm not sure if Cowen or Colborne are locks to make their respective rosters next year, but both are highly-touted prospects that I could stick on my minor league team until they're ready to make the big jump. Got a few reclamation projects on LW, including the unsigned Kariya, but I think he'll get inked eventually and hopefully become a top-sixer.

Lehtonen's obviously a gamble in Dallas, but he's been training real hard this offseason, something he isn't really known for.

I'm not entirely in love with your team. I like your top line because it's unique. Benn and Horton could have big seasons, but they're risky. I love your top d-pairing. Lehtonen worries me, especially on that Dallas team. Overall I'd say you're in the 16-23 range.

How about mine :D

:cbj

Patrick Marleau - Henrik Sedin - Dustin Penner
Scottie Upshall - Tyler Bozak - Joffrey Lupul
Pascal Dupuis - Mikhail Grabovski - Joel Ward
xxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxx

Mark Streit - Marek Zidlicky
Ron Hainsey - Jason Demers
Jack Hillen - xxxxx

Craig Anderson
xxxxx

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'm not entirely in love with your team. I like your top line because it's unique. Benn and Horton could have big seasons, but they're risky. I love your top d-pairing. Lehtonen worries me, especially on that Dallas team. Overall I'd say you're in the 16-23 range.

How about mine :D

:cbj

Patrick Marleau - Henrik Sedin - Dustin Penner
Scottie Upshall - Tyler Bozak - Joffrey Lupul
Pascal Dupuis - Mikhail Grabovski - Joel Ward
xxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxx

Mark Streit - Marek Zidlicky
Ron Hainsey - Jason Demers
Jack Hillen - xxxxx

Craig Anderson
xxxxx

Not bad at all.....depending on which center Wilson goes with, you've got a center feeding Kessel the puck, which could lead to increased point totals there......your top 6 is pretty solid overall.

Not a fan of the Hainsey pick (overpriced, but I guess it's no big deal if you can afford it), and I'm not sure if Anderson's set to repeat this past season's success.

Probably going to end up with a team in the top 15. :handclap:

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Round 15 Pick Times (2nd Half)

OVERALL | TEAM | TIME
436. | Montreal Canadiens| 8:00am-9:00am|
437. | Buffalo Sabres| 9:00am-10:00am|
438. | Carolina Hurricanes| 10:00am-11:00am|
439. | Chicago Blackhawks| 11:00am-12:00pm|
440. | Ottawa Senators| 12:00pm-1:00pm|
441. | Toronto Maple Leafs| 1:00pm-2:00pm|
442. | New York Islanders| 2:00pm-3:00pm|
443. | Tampa Bay Lightning| 3:00pm-4:00pm|
444. | Detroit Red Wings| 4:00pm-5:00pm|
445. | San Jose Sharks| 5:00pm-6:00pm|
446. | Phoenix Coyotes| 6:00pm-7:00pm|
447. | Washington Capitals| 7:00pm-8:00pm|
448. | Anaheim Ducks| 8:00pm-9:00pm|
449. | Dallas Stars| 9:00pm-10:00pm|
450. | Atlanta Thrashers| 10:00pm-11:00pm|

Last edited:

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Duncan Keith will be dealt within the next 24 hours. Get your last minute offers in

Looking for a top 6 forward + top 4 defensmen

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
:habs

Cammalleri - Datsyuk - Gagne
Langenbrunner - Bolland - Versteeg
Holmstrom - Malhotra - Tangradi
XXXXX - Richardson - XXXXX

Burns - Morris
Stralman - Aucoin
XXXXX - XXXXX

Lundqvist
?????

What do you think?

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
:isles

Heatley still being shopped for 2 youngish top 6 forwards. CHI 1st is in play depending on the players. Multiple teams have lowballed me, and considering I have no need to trade him, that won't get it done.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I think Schremp will be good value considering cap hit/late round. Will likely be the Isles #2 center, playing with two of Okposo/Bailey/Moulson/Comeau.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I really don't understand the mentality of these teams who are filling up multiple top 9/top4 spots with rookie players who likely will not make their teams.

Well, I do understand that SJ doesn't really have a choice, since they weren't autoed when their picks were missed. ;)

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
I really don't understand the mentality of these teams who are filling up multiple top 9/top4 spots with rookie players who likely will not make their teams.

Well, I do understand that SJ doesn't really have a choice, since they weren't autoed when their picks were missed. ;)

its a keeper league, prospects can also be major barganing chips if you decide to changhe stances later. Young is always my favourite way to go and so far im 1 and 1 in keeper leagues. However Eberle should make the oilers

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I need 6 auto's for New Jersey...

Daymond Langkow, Roman Hamrlik, Josh Gorges, Mark Recchi, Luca Caputi, Brian Lee.

Can I get 3 confirmations/suggestions for other players?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad