Ktown Sens Fan 19's Fantasy League - Discussion Thread (CAR and MIN available)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rugs by Resch

Apr 16, 2009
Upstate Ny

D. Sedin - Plekanec - St. Louis
Prospal - Stajan - Alfredsson
Stillman - Zubrus - Clarkson
XXXXXX - XXXXXX - XXXXXX

Martin - M. Staal
Greene - Franson
XXXXXX - XXXXXX

C. Mason
XXXXXX

What do you guys think? And now that most of the team is picked my captain will be Daniel Alfredsson.

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
:habs

I can take on a salary dump of around 3M likely if a team finds themself in some cap trouble at the end. Will need to be a deal in my favour though.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Round 14 Pick Times

OVERALL | TEAM | TIME
406. | Columbus Blue Jackets| 8:00am-9:00am|
407. | Los Angeles Kings| 9:00am-10:00am|
408. | Carolina Hurricanes| 10:00am-11:00am|
409. | Florida Panthers| 11:00am-12:00pm|
410. | New York Rangers| 12:00pm-1:00pm|
411. | Colorado Avalanche| 1:00pm-2:00pm|
412. | Philadelphia Flyers| 2:00pm-3:00pm|
413. | Edmonton Oilers| 3:00pm-4:00pm|
414. | Pittsburgh Penguins| 4:00pm-5:00pm|
415. | Boston Bruins| 5:00pm-6:00pm|
416. | Minnesota Wild| 6:00pm-7:00pm|
417. | St. Louis Blues| 7:00pm-8:00pm|
418. | Calgary Flames| 8:00pm-9:00pm|
419. | New Jersey Devils| 9:00pm-10:00pm|
420. | Vancouver Canucks| 10:00pm-11:00pm|

agrudez*

Zach Parise - Andy McDonald - Ales Hemsky
Loui Eriksson - Andrew Cogliano - J.P Dumont
XXXXXX - Kyle Turris - Mats-Zuccarello-Aasen
XXXXXX - XXXXXX - XXXXXX

Jay Bouwmeester - Dmitry Kulikov
Dennis Seidenberg - XXXXXX
XXXXXX - XXXXXX

Jonas Hiller
XXXXXX

Overrated defensemen, mediocre goalie on a mediocre team, AHL forwards slotted onto a 3rd line, mediocre top 6.

Overall: C-

:bruins

Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
James Neal | Jonathan Toews | David Backes
Dustin Byfuglien | Scott Gomez | Brooks Laich
XXXXXXXX | Colin Wilson | Gilbert Brule
XXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXX

Left Defence | Right Defence
Tomas Kaberle | Trevor Daley
Tom Poti | P.K. Subban
XXXXXXXX | XXXXXXXX

Goaltender
Antero Niittymaki
XXXXXXXX

You have a good point scoring defense, but hopefully you use some of that extra cap space to get a goalie who will play more than 40 games, a defensemen that may finish with a poisitive +/- and a single forward with 70 point potential.

PS. Buflin will lose you more points than you gain next season, 25P and a -30, book it.

Overall: C

What do you guys think, I haven't done one of these yet.

Lee Stepniak - Ryan Getzlaf - Johan Franzen
Andrew Ladd - Mike Fisher - Nicklas Bergfors
_______ - Alex Steen - _______
_______ - _______ - _______

Ian White - Kris Letang
Johnny Boychuk - Marc-Andre Bergeron
_______ - Jakub Kindl

Michael Leighton
_______

As a Flyers fan, Leighton can either be an absolute steal as late as you got him, play 50 games and have a good winning percentage on a fairly stacked (despite the GM's incompetence) roster. Or the Flyers can finish 7th in the East like usual and Johan Backland could start the bulk of the Flyer's games, god forbid we sign Turco for your sake, either.

Your defense is respectable, but I certainly wouldn't consider it a strength. Most of your forwards are playing at least one line above where they should (Ladd, Bergfors, Stempniak (2 lines above his value), Franzen).

:sens

Thomas Vanek - Mike Ribeiro - Brenden Morrow
Sean Avery - Derick Brassard - Alexei Kovalev
Nikita Filatov - Rich Peverley - XXXXXX
XXXXXX - XXXXXX - XXXXXX

Niklas Kronwall - Zach Bogosian
Erik Karlsson - Toni Lydman
XXXXXX - XXXXXX

Cam Ward
Jacob Markstrom

Bad goalie duo, I wouldn't hold my breath for a signle start from Markstrom until next season and Ward is good for 20 wins this year. Okay defense, but a very mediocre forward corps. You will have to count yourself lucky if even one of those guys breaks 60 points this season and even luckier if their +/-'s don't erase a bulk of those points (Vanek, I am looking at you buddy).

:leafs

Wojtek Wolski - Joe Pavelski - Steve Downie
James Van Riemsdyk - Oscar Moller - Guillaime Latendresse
XXXXXX - XXXXXX - Darren Helm
XXXXXX - XXXXXX - XXXXXX

Mike Green - Lubomir Visnovsky
Marc-Edouard Vlasic - Matt Niskanen
XXXXXX - XXXXXX

Marc Andre Fleury
XXXXXX

Top 5 goalie for this league's scoring format, a very nice defense that will score alot of points for you (hopefully Green can keep a positive +/- with his "Exceptional Norris Quality Defensive Prowess :laugh:)

You are doing a TON of overrating of your forwards, though. If you get a single 60 points player out of your forwards I would consider you lucky.

Overall: C+

:sabres
Chris Kunitz - Paul Stastny - Phil Kessel
Nick Foligno - Sam Gagner - Magnus Paajarvi
XXXXXXXXX - Nazem Kadri - XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX - XXXXXXXXX - XXXXXXXXX

Keith Yandle - Dan Hamhuis
Mark Giordano - Jamie McBain
XXXXXXXXX - Jonathan Blum

Jonathan Quick
XXXXXXXXX

Quick will be lucky to play 45 games this season.

Not too many points are going to be coming from your blue line, hopefully Hamhuis can compliment his 20 points with a decent +/-, your first line is alright, despite Kunitz being a 2nd line potential and Kessel's abyssmal +/-, the rest of your forwards are EXTREMELY questionable, though.

Overall: C-

#54 Bobby Ryan (rfa) - #19 Brad Richards ($7.1M, 1y) - #13 Ray Whitney ($3M, 2y)
#23 Zach Boychuk - #21 Patrick Berglund ($1.247M, 1y) - #17 Radim Vrbata ($3M, 1y)
XXXXXX - #60 Mikael Backlund ($1.271M, 2y) - XXXXX

#25 Joni Pitkanen ($4M, 1y) - #33 Pavel Kubina ($3.85M, 2y)
#29 Johnny Odyua ($3.5M, 2y) - #55 Jeff Schultz ($2.75M, 4y)

#1 Roberto Luongo ($5.33M, 12y)
XXXXXX

Top 3 goalie, pretty good defense (they should all have positive +/-'s and put up average points - I also love Pitkanen), nice first line, I question your second line, though, and the fact that you are putting so much faith in an unproven player to have him anchor your 3rd line.

D. Sedin - Plekanec - St. Louis
Prospal - Stajan - Alfredsson
Stillman - Zubrus - Clarkson
XXXXXX - XXXXXX - XXXXXX

Martin - M. Staal
Greene - Franson
XXXXXX - XXXXXX

C. Mason
XXXXXX

What do you guys think? And now that most of the team is picked my captain will be Daniel Alfredsson.

Mason is going to play 50 games on a brutal team, best case, worst case he is dethroned by Pavalec because he is younger and Atlanta is looking towards their bleak future, as usual.

Very good top 6, one of the best (despite my personal opinion about Plekanec - the guy alternates good and bad years and just got a contract, warning flags shoot up for me) and an alright 3rd line.

The defense doesn't have alot of punch to it, but it can be solid.

On a random note, I think I need to rework my rating systems due to the fact that SO many people have players that are going to spend the year in the AHL or at best be random callups to the 3rd line of their NHL team. It is unfair to give a mediocre team a C when I just gave a team with 2 of their top 9 forwards that are going to combine for 20 games played next year a C-.

agrudez*

Nashville is looking for an upcoming pick and is willing to overpay. PM me.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Frolov-Backstrom-Giroux
Umberger-Weiss-Pominville
Moulson-S. Koivu-Leino
Torres(UFA)-_____-Clutterbuck

Corvo-_____
_____-_____
_____-_____

Brodeur
_____

Forwards and goaltending win in fantasy leagues.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Bad goalie duo, I wouldn't hold my breath for a signle start from Markstrom until next season and Ward is good for 20 wins this year. Okay defense, but a very mediocre forward corps. You will have to count yourself lucky if even one of those guys breaks 60 points this season and even luckier if their +/-'s don't erase a bulk of those points (Vanek, I am looking at you buddy).

I completely disagree.

He will be lucky if Ribeiro, Vanek or Morrow score 60 pts?

He will be unlucky if at least two of those guys don't.

Ribeiro is a high scoring forward. He has scored ~60 or more points 3 of the past 4 years. This year, he scored 53 in 66 games, playing 2nd line minutes. If he stays healthy, he will easily cross 60 pts.

The same goes for Vanek. He had his first bad season, but he still scored 53 pts in 71 games, scoring about 30 goals. Vanek also should score 30+ goals and score around 65 points if he stays healthy.

Morrow is the only one who has a good chance of not scoring 60, as his scoring touch is not as good as the other two guys, so I think he will get around 50 playing 2nd line minutes.

You are really underrating his offense here.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I completely disagree.

He will be lucky if Ribeiro, Vanek or Morrow score 60 pts?

He will be unlucky if at least two of those guys don't.

Ribeiro is a high scoring forward. He has scored ~60 or more points 3 of the past 4 years. This year, he scored 53 in 66 games, playing 2nd line minutes. If he stays healthy, he will easily cross 60 pts.

The same goes for Vanek. He had his first bad season, but he still scored 53 pts in 71 games, scoring about 30 goals. Vanek also should score 30+ goals and score around 65 points if he stays healthy.

Morrow is the only one who has a good chance of not scoring 60, as his scoring touch is not as good as the other two guys, so I think he will get around 50 playing 2nd line minutes.

You are really underrating his offense here.

I completely agree :)

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
The :blues are away until August 15th, so I'll be autoing them for that time. I am nominating Daymond Langkow, Chuck Kobasew, Nigel Dawes, Andrej Sekera, and Tim Thomas as their auto's. Can I get 3 confirmations or suggestions for other players?

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
What does everyone think of my team :sarcasm:

- Mike Richards -

Duncan Keith - Brent Seabrook

Pekka Rinne

I can probably assume I have another winger with the entry draft coming up soon :)

Last edited:

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
The :blues are away until August 15th, so I'll be autoing them for that time. I am nominating Daymond Langkow, Chuck Kobasew, Nigel Dawes, Andrej Sekera, and Tim Thomas as their auto's. Can I get 3 confirmations or suggestions for other players?

I think you should switch Reinprecht with Langkow. Langkow will likely play 3rd line C and score the same amount of points as R. 9.5 M salary for 2 second/third tier players is really gonna screw up his cap situation. Other than that I confirm.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Round 15 Pick Times

OVERALL | TEAM | TIME
421. | Vancouver Canucks| 8:00am-9:00am|
422. | New Jersey Devils| 9:00am-10:00am|
423. | Calgary Flames| 10:00am-11:00am|
424. | St. Louis Blues| 11:00am-12:00pm|
425. | Minnesota Wild| 12:00pm-1:00pm|
426. | Boston Bruins| 1:00pm-2:00pm|
427. | Pittsburgh Penguins| 2:00pm-3:00pm|
428. | Edmonton Oilers| 3:00pm-4:00pm|
429. | Philadelphia Flyers| 4:00pm-5:00pm|
430. | Colorado Avalanche| 5:00pm-6:00pm|
431. | New York Rangers| 6:00pm-7:00pm|
432. | Dallas Stars| 7:00pm-8:00pm|
433. | Nashville Predators| 8:00pm-9:00pm|
434. | Los Angeles Kings| 9:00pm-10:00pm|
435. | Columbus Blue Jackets| 10:00pm-11:00pm|

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I think you should switch Reinprecht with Langkow. Langkow will likely play 3rd line C and score the same amount of points as R. 9.5 M salary for 2 second/third tier players is really gonna screw up his cap situation. Other than that I confirm.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see Reinprecht's already been picked by Carolina. Any other choices for this pick?

Chris Kelly anyone?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad