Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
On Sale:
Him going to the AHL is a real possibility (good that you point out that important factor). Not having an import come over and sign doesn't help this situation. Does MM need to spend a pick(s) to trade for a (cheap ?!) import ...... if one exists ?

On the OA situation:
The line-up shown is young, but keep in mind that I did not pencil in Misaljevic, Swick, or Andonovski. Quite likely at least one or two, and maybe even all three start the season on this line-up - especially if Hlcar is already listed on Cambridge's line-up as KRanger pointed out (Thanks for that piece of info). That way Hlcar maybe gets a half season to further work on his skating and overall game at that lower level before making the next step in the 2nd half. Of course I have no idea if this is the case, and that's complete speculation on my part.

On Ellinas at center:
Yeah, this is a real possibility - and maybe even quite likely. I was debating on whether or not to show that, but was trying to somewhat show a balance on positions. But good point. If a team needs goals, this may make more sense. I guess my question then becomes, does 19 year-old Mercer remain on the 3rd line? I suppose it is certainly possible, and may even make more sense doing that and then add some youngsters to his wings (?)
I’m not sure I’d trade for an import for the sake of having one. But if there’s a team out there who has three decent ones who has to move one, grabbing their cast off at a good price makes sense. As far as Sale goes, I see him mirroring Mesar’s stint in the league. Struggle somewhat in the first year getting used to the league, and then excelling in the second year. If Seattle sees it that way too and returns him, he could be a good trade chip for us at the deadline. Maybe even an import for import deal where we get a younger import with upside in return.

Not sure what the saturation of the OA group was back then, but we got OA Justin Nolet from Sarnia on the cheap during the preseason. Can we get a comparable OA D this year? An OA for OA where Miseljevic goes to a team flush with D?

I’d be 100% comfortable with Ellinas at center. Mercer and Romano would be my middle six centers. They’d get about the same five on five ice time. But once you factor in Romano likely on PP one, and Mercer on the first PK unit, everybody’s happy as far as ice goes.

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
I’m not sure I’d trade for an import for the sake of having one. But if there’s a team out there who has three decent ones who has to move one, grabbing their cast off at a good price makes sense.......
I agree completely on this point. I think IIRC somewhere along the line MM had mentioned about the possibility of finding another import. I don't necessarily agree with that. You can always further develop everyone else at this stage of the game. Whether or not he actually follows through is another story.

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
Only the 15th rounder isn't conditional according to the Steelheads graphic.

That is what I saw at first too but when I went to the Otters website it only lists the 4th rounders at conditional, but this may have just been a wording mistake on their part.

That is what I saw at first too but when I went to the Otters website it only lists the 4th rounders at conditional, but this may have just been a wording mistake on their part.
Otters website also lists that they got the rights to prospect Coben Byran where the Steelheads graphic does not.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

Otters website also lists that they got the rights to prospect Coben Byran where the Steelheads graphic does not.
OHL Site shows 3 conditional picks.

DATETEAMTRANSF.TOTEAMTRANSF.
Aug. 19ERSpencer Sova
ER 15 2028
BRAMCoben Bryan
BRAM 15 2028
ER 2 2025*
SAR 4 2026*
BRAM 4 2028*

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
So basically 2nd, 4th and 4th (and a maybe show up prospect) for a decent OA dman. Swick should get at least the same in a trade? I’m thinking a bit more?

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
We should hear about the training camp roster soon with the tournament starting next Friday.

Will be interesting to see how many free agents they bring to camp and if they put a focus on defence as the prospect pool is quite thin.

Likely no shows Bray, Souter, Xu, Hextal.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
So basically 2nd, 4th and 4th (and a maybe show up prospect) for a decent OA dman. Swick should get at least the same in a trade? I’m thinking a bit more?
Probably. That being said, if he were going to Brampton, you’d think that deal would have been done by now. Just about everybody else has their three OA available to them from last year. Whether they want to upgrade on them is another story. Brampton had two empty slots to fill. I think if Swick was an option in their eyes, he may have been traded there already?

Notice the conditional picks? Maybe Brampton brass has been reading this board and thought they better get some conditions put on some of the picks this time around?
LOL!!

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
Jason Schaubel is listed on Collingwoods (JR A) preseason roster.

Other Jr A landing spots
U18 pick Erik Maki is listed on Lindsay’s roster
U18 Pick Josh Giordano is listed on Markham roster
12th round pick Nolan Carriere is listed on Burlington roster

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Jason Schaubel is listed on Collingwoods (JR A) preseason roster.

Other Jr A landing spots
U18 pick Erik Maki is listed on Lindsay’s roster
U18 Pick Josh Giordano is listed on Markham roster
12th round pick Nolan Carriere is listed on Burlington roster
Being on a Jr A team roster does not preclude a player from attending an OHL training camp and making and signing with that team and playing in the OHL. However if a team wants to reassign them to Jr A they have to be reassigned to that team not the OHL team’s affiliate.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Being on a Jr A team roster does not preclude a player from attending an OHL training camp and making and signing with that team and playing in the OHL. However if a team wants to reassign them to Jr A they have to be reassigned to that team not the OHL team’s affiliate.
what if the player hasn’t signed a card with the jr a team? What if that player signed a card with the OHL team first? jr a cards only count if a player plays a regular season game

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
I’m aware. Was just an informative post on where some prospects are playing. Kitchener doesn’t have an affiliate.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Waiting on the camp announcement which could start up this coming Monday instead of the usual Tuesday? With a pre-season game on Friday, that would mean camp Monday to Weds, team practice Thursday, and then Fanfest games Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It will be interesting to see how all this shakes out. And with all the signings, is there room for any invites to make the team this year?

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

RIP Ryan . Way too young.

Reactions: K2

K2

Jun 11, 2015
TCamp Roster
Kitchener-Rangers-2024-Training-Camp-Roster-1.jpg

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
If he shows well I could see him being on the team, especially if we find ourselves too young after we trade our vets away.
Probably not a bad idea looking for an extra 05 now. This time next season, Mercer is currently the only OA candidate on this team - with the presumption Andonovski and Sale are gone.

Speaking of Mercer, with regards to the pre-camp line-up that I put together previously, I wonder if they stick with the Bottineau - Mercer - Pugliese line until Swick and / or Misaljevic get moved (?) I liked the combo, but one would think they would need to be counted on to do more scoring this season with some good goal-producers now gone.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Kitchener, ON – The Kitchener Rangers will hold their 2024 Training Camp at the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium Complex from Monday, August 26th – Tuesday, August 27th, 2024.

The team will be undergoing pre-season off-ice performance testing throughout camp and will be closed to the public.

The Training Camp roster will be divided into two teams, Team Blue and Team White, that will compete in a series of two games against each other during the camp. All games will be held at The Aud and are open to the public, free of charge. Click Here for the official Kitchener Rangers Training Camp roster.

Monday, August 26th:

7:00 pm – GAME – Team Blue vs. Team White

Tuesday, August 27th:

10:00 am – GAME – Team Blue vs. Team White

Dates and times are subject to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad