Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I’m not a big fan of acquiring Frasca or any comparable 06 in an Andonovski deal. Two 2nds two 3rds was suggested value for a player who we have to wonder if he’ll be here in 26–27. Trade piece or not at next year‘s deadline, I’d rather get the assets now (07 or 08 player and / or picks) instead. And I would imagine a Frasca may not be too happy about being traded to a team that pretty much hopes he won’t excel enough to graduate from the league before his OA season.

Get a deal done for futures that definitely looks to the 26–27 season.

Kitchener doesn’t need to worry about acquiring Frasca anymore I don’t think
?

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023
I’m not a big fan of acquiring Frasca or any comparable 06 in an Andonovski deal. Two 2nds two 3rds was suggested value for a player who we have to wonder if he’ll be here in 26–27. Trade piece or not at next year‘s deadline, I’d rather get the assets now (07 or 08 player and / or picks) instead. And I would imagine a Frasca may not be too happy about being traded to a team that pretty much hopes he won’t excel enough to graduate from the league before his OA season.

Get a deal done for futures that definitely looks to the 26–27 season.

?
He’s going elsewhere in the West

Reactions: EvenSteven

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
What could we expect in a trade return for Misaljevic if we deal him? Any past comparables?
It would depend on when he is traded. If it is early in the season comparable trades from last year would be the Connor Lockhart trade for a 3rd and 5th. However Tyler Savard went for an 8th. At the trade deadline comparable trades would be Jax Dubois for a 2nd, 3rd and 5th or Jacob Maillet for a 2nd, two, 3rds and a 5th.

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
What could we expect in a trade return for Misaljevic if we deal him? Any past comparables?
Miseljevic was among the league’s top 10 scorers for most of the first half of the season last year. That’s not nuthin.

If he has a start like that again this year, with the reported lack of OA RWers who would be made available, a team might take a chance on him and give up a decent return at the deadline. 2 x 3rd’s maybe? 2nd & 3rd maybe? 3rd, 4th & 5th maybe?

Now, admittedly, he won’t have near the supporting cast this year that he had last year. He was a good “third” piece on the first line for much of the first half of the season. His numbers dipped when he got shuffled off the first line. If I was a betting man, you might see his production fall somewhere between last year’s first half and his second half. Under a point a game pace? (20 goals 55 points?)

If that is the case, I wouldn’t hold my breath getting significant return for him.

For me, I think it’s obvious we go with an OA goalie. After that, Swick needs to be traded. He’d be the OA who would bring us the greatest return. After that, with us moving out Andonovski, we may need to swap out one of Miseljevic or Pugliese for an OA D. I’d prefer to move Miseljevic out because of what Pugliese brings.

I think we need to bring in one if not two veteran D with our very young D corps. Not a lot of games under the belts of our returnees on the back end. (166 total OHL games played between Reid, Campbell, Dirracolo, MacNiel). Likely an OA and an 05 - both on the very cheap.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Miseljevic was among the league’s top 10 scorers for most of the first half of the season last year. That’s not nuthin.

If he has a start like that again this year, with the reported lack of OA RWers who would be made available, a team might take a chance on him and give up a decent return at the deadline. 2 x 3rd’s maybe? 2nd & 3rd maybe? 3rd, 4th & 5th maybe?

Now, admittedly, he won’t have near the supporting cast this year that he had last year. He was a good “third” piece on the first line for much of the first half of the season. His numbers dipped when he got shuffled off the first line. If I was a betting man, you might see his production fall somewhere between last year’s first half and his second half. Under a point a game pace? (20 goals 55 points?)

If that is the case, I wouldn’t hold my breath getting significant return for him.

For me, I think it’s obvious we go with an OA goalie. After that, Swick needs to be traded. He’d be the OA who would bring us the greatest return. After that, with us moving out Andonovski, we may need to swap out one of Miseljevic or Pugliese for an OA D. I’d prefer to move Miseljevic out because of what Pugliese brings.

I think we need to bring in one if not two veteran D with our very young D corps. Not a lot of games under the belts of our returnees on the back end. (166 total OHL games played between Reid, Campbell, Dirracolo, MacNiel). Likely an OA and an 05 - both on the very cheap.
As I said in my earlier post the trade deadline last year the Petes got a 2nd, 3rd and 5th for Jax Dubois.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
If he is top 10 (which he was around last year the first half of the season) at the deadline 2x 2nds isn’t crazy….maybe it’s a 2nd and 3rd….not a swing to say I’m smoking something though by being 1 pick off.

More then likely he is the 2nd half Misa though which is a 3rd and 4th..maybe 3rd and 5th.
What you smoking over there

Ref Hannah

Jul 19, 2024
Jason Schaubel will play 30 games. Bank on it!

Swick is not coming back. Bank on that as well!

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
For an OA

That’s a center lol

You wanted 2 2nds and Luke misa and nhl drafted player come on bud
It was Jives that posted that post not me. In my initial post I gave comparable trades from last year for similar players. Jax Dubois who was an overage was one of the comparisons I used in the first post and highlighted in my second.

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
That was Jives that wanted Misa plus two, 2nds. for Misaljeviic not me. In my initial post I gave comparable trades from last year for similar players. Jax Dubois who was an overage was one of the comparisons I used in the first post and highlighted in my second.
That’s a fair deal but asking for misa 😂

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
That’s a fair deal but asking for misa 😂
After rereading his post I don’t think he was asking for Luke Misa plus two, 2nds for Adrian Misaljevic. Many Ranger fans shorten his name in posts to Misa and I think he was saying the return would be Misaljevic for two, 2nds early in the season and a 3rd and 4th for him at the trade deadline. I initially read it like you did but after I looked at it again I saw what he meant.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
When you have a couple of actual Misas in the league, calling Miseljevic “Misa” can be a little confusing.

To be honest, it grates on me a little. I don’t know what his nickname is in the room, but going with Missile might make a little more sense and a little easier to type out on here.

Me? I’m into going with the players’ full names most often. By the time guys like Dzielski, Marcantuoni, Doornbosch, Mascherin, Crescenzi, Vukojevic, Cascagnette, Bzustewicz etc age out of the league, I get pretty damn good at typing their full names out!

So for me, I’m going with Pugliese, Andonovski, and yes, Miseljevic!! 😜

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Many ? Might be a bit of a stretch :)
This is true. "Missile" is the nickname almost 100 % of the Ranger posters would call Misaljevic when the reference him in a post. if they shortened his handle. He started out last season on fire and was at the top of the leader board for a while. Some GMs might see more value in him and want to add him to their roster. MM will take the best offer if they decide to go in this direction. At the very least he would add some assets.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Nick names are a fact with many sports teams but for those who don't prefer them, NP. The players, coaches, and fans use them. That's cool too. :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad