Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023
Great to see Valentini’s rights acquired by the Rangers, and in especially such a low risk, high reward scenario. Well done MM!

Also think he did a great job in the structure of the conditions on the picks, allowing him to get all of them back prior to the 26/27 trade deadline in case the additional assets as needed.

Let’s get him to East Ave, MM!

Squirrel88

Jul 1, 2023
Too lazy to look this up…how is Jude Bray a Ranger?
10th round pick this year. Was at the prospect camp, for whatever that's worth.

Have to admit that I though the limited pick return was reflective of the low percentage that Valentini would show. Had not considered that it might be part of the Razor return. It makes more sense if the Razor deal was 10 picks with the possibility that it converts to 7 picks plus Valentini. Timing makes more sense - why wouldn't Kitchener hold out longer to see if they get more - plus the deal unlocks more value for both teams. Kitchener gets the possibility of a home run return for Razor, Brampton gets a top '05 and an extra first round pick next year.

This type of (hypothetical) deal takes some trust between management groups, which likely exists given the connections between the teams. Win/win, even if we don't know how it will eventually turn out for either team.

If Valentini signs and Ando or Swick are traded to Brampton, then the fix is officially in!

Reactions: LostRangers

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023
10th round pick this year. Was at the prospect camp, for whatever that's worth.

Have to admit that I though the limited pick return was reflective of the low percentage that Valentini would show. Had not considered that it might be part of the Razor return. It makes more sense if the Razor deal was 10 picks with the possibility that it converts to 7 picks plus Valentini. Timing makes more sense - why wouldn't Kitchener hold out longer to see if they get more - plus the deal unlocks more value for both teams. Kitchener gets the possibility of a home run return for Razor, Brampton gets a top '05 and an extra first round pick next year.

This type of (hypothetical) deal takes some trust between management groups, which likely exists given the connections between the teams. Win/win, even if we don't know how it will eventually turn out for either team.

If Valentini signs and Ando or Swick are traded to Brampton, then the fix is officially in!
Good thing Brampton is in the market for a shutdown D and another OA! ;)

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Would Brampton consider moving Dragusica as part of a Ando package?
I’m thinking it’s more likely that any trade of Andonovski to Brampton will not bring a ton back. It’ll be the second part of a two parter that started with Valentini.

I think if Valentini reports, Andonovski to Brampton could happen shortly thereafter.

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

Squirrel88

Jul 1, 2023
I’m thinking it’s more likely that any trade of Andonovski to Brampton will not bring a ton back. It’ll be the second part of a two parter that started with Valentini.

I think if Valentini reports, Andonovski to Brampton could happen shortly thereafter.
Full disclosure, I have always been somewhat skeptical of your convoluted, two-part deals. But, if Ando goes to Brampton on an under-market deal, consider me a believer! :DD

I still think he ends up in Brantford, though.

Makes for interesting discussions in a season with low expectations for success on the ice. Sometimes you gotta make your own fun.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Full disclosure, I have always been somewhat skeptical of your convoluted, two-part deals. But, if Ando goes to Brampton on an under-market deal, consider me a believer! :DD

I still think he ends up in Brantford, though.

Makes for interesting discussions in a season with low expectations for success on the ice. Sometimes you gotta make your own fun.
Two part deals are a real thing in this league. They happen from time to time.

I just find it very hard to believe, that if Valentini reports, what we gave up to get him was the absolute least value package possible. Picks in ‘28 hold the least amount of value because they are the most distant.

I’m also not buying that this is part of the Rehkopf deal. Not solely. Valentini (should he report) and 10 draft picks (‘25 to 27 draft) for Rehkopf and three picks (28 draft) that hold way less value than all the ten that, based on year of draft, came our way? I don’t think so. If that was part of the Rehkopf deal, there would’ve been less than those 10 picks coming our way.

I’m sorry. There has to be more.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
And no matter how this deal came about, the OHL would be eager to see an elite Ontario player stay here rather then go to the States.

There are many factors that favour the Rangers not the least of which is the close proximity to family, the potential of playing on a Memorial Cup team, and an NHL-like experience in a venue with more than twice as many seats than where Chicago Steel plays (which looks like a glorified Activa rink).

Not to mention, of course, an incredibly supportive fan base, scouts at nearly every game, some of the greatest hockey rivalry around, and a coaching staff bar none. Etc.

Plus we'll throw in a Valentini Day promotion on Valentine's Day.....

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Two part deals are a real thing in this league. They happen from time to time.

I just find it very hard to believe, that if Valentini reports, what we gave up to get him was the absolute least value package possible. Picks in ‘28 hold the least amount of value because they are the most distant.

I’m also not buying that this is part of the Rehkopf deal. Not solely. Valentini (should he report) and 10 draft picks (‘25 to 27 draft) for Rehkopf and three picks (28 draft) that hold way less value than all the ten that, based on year of draft, came our way? I don’t think so. If that was part of the Rehkopf deal, there would’ve been less than those 10 picks coming our way.

I’m sorry. There has to be more.

I really don’t like them; but two, three part deals do happen. I’d be shocked if Andonovski does not end up in Brampton at a discount in January. I immediately thought there will be a Barrie-Niagara part II maybe even III after the Bertucci trade.

Reactions: EvenSteven

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I really don’t like them; but two, three part deals do happen. I’d be shocked if Andonovski does not end up in Brampton at a discount in January. I immediately thought there will be a Barrie-Niagara part II maybe even III after the Bertucci trade.
If Valentini reports this season, and that triggers an Andonovski trade to Brampton, I’d be surprised if it happened in January.

If I’m Brampton, and Valentini reports to the Rangers, I want my asset in Steelhead colors asap.

Reactions: Ward Cornell

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If Valentini reports this season, and that triggers an Andonovski trade to Brampton, I’d be surprised if it happened in January.

If I’m Brampton, and Valentini reports to the Rangers, I want my asset in Steelhead colors asap.

Because of injury risk? Kitchener kind of needs Andonovski right now to support the development of its’ younger D; I don’t think Gee and a few picks would suffice right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad