Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Valentini OHL rights acquired? Work some magic, MM
I don't think there's any way Valentini reports this season. He's already chosen a proven pipeline - Michigan via Chicago Steel. Nothing has been more successful than that the past several seasons.

If there's any chance in the future we have to have a huge developmental season where our 08s and especially our 07s really excel.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I don't think there's any way Valentini reports this season. He's already chosen a proven pipeline - Michigan via Chicago Steel. Nothing has been more successful than that the past several seasons.

If there's any chance in the future we have to have a huge developmental season where our 08s and especially our 07s really excel.

itll be interesting, i do think kitchener asked missy to draft him, but i have no idea if he will sign.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
If that's true and Valentini is coming, KIT would of pulled off one of the biggest heists in recent memory getting him and 7 picks for 1 year of Rehkopf

i dont think valentini has a deal with kitchener, i just think it was part the he deal, kitchener is rolling the dice a bit .

its the only way that this all makes sense.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
i dont think valentini has a deal with kitchener, i just think it was part the he deal, kitchener is rolling the dice a bit .

its the only way that this all makes sense.

For those of you that don’t remember or didn’t watched. There was a very long pause / delay when the Rangers picked Headrick in the 1st round 15th overall. Maybe a curve ball was thrown at the 13th overall pick….

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
For those of you that don’t remember or didn’t watched. There was a very long pause / delay when the Rangers picked Headrick in the 1st round 15th overall. Maybe a curve ball was thrown at the 13th overall pick….

i dont think so. i think mississauga was told who to take as part of the deal, but kitchener has no assurances that valentini will sign.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017

Chicago Steel is in a down year so we'll see. Rangers have a top notch coaching staff (an elite Head Coach) and have already shown what can be as they chart their way to the Memorial Cup. The kid is from Toronto.......parents can readily watch him grow (much like Rehkopf) and as for being successful, the team already surpassed expectations last season! Valentini has an opportunity to play with a young and very talented hockey team with top end minutes. LET'S GET HIM SIGNED.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Chicago Steel is in a down year so we'll see. Rangers have a top notch coaching staff (an elite Head Coach) and have already shown what can be as they chart their way to the Memorial Cup. The kid is from Toronto.......parents can readily watch him grow (much like Rehkopf) and as for being successful, the team already surpassed expectations last season! Valentini has an opportunity to play with a young and very talented hockey team with top end minutes. LET'S GET HIM SIGNED.

chicago steel were sold 18 months ago, they are no longer affiliated with caa, they will fall back

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
That’s where my suggestion of a two-part deal involving Andonovski comes into play.

For example (I know. This isn’t my first time suggesting this on here):

To Brampton:
Kitchener’s 2nd, 3rd, 4th all in ‘28

To Kitchener:
Valentini.

Then shortly after:

To Brampton:
Andonovski.

To Kitchener:
Brampton’s 2nd, 3rd, 4th all in ‘28

Supposing Andonovski’s value is comparable to Jorian Donovan’s return at last year‘s trade deadline, Brampton will have received 2x2nds, 4x3rds, 2x4ths for Valentini. That’s pretty much the standard 3x2nds & 3x3rds if you want to say a 3rd and 2x4ths equals a 2nd.

Each half of this two-part trade looks to be an underpayment. But, at the end of the day makes sense once they are merged together.

Back in the day, when Kitchener and Windsor did the Bracco/Stanley two part deal, each side of that deal looked like an underpayment as well. But at the end of the day, it was a fair transaction.
Not about to toot my own horn here., But…

Last edited:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Not about to toot my own horn here., But…
I believe if this were part of the Rehkopf deal, the picks total that would’ve come our way for Rehkopf would’ve been less than 10 picks. So, I’m thinking if Valentini is actually coming, and this is something that’s been in the works for a long time, don’t be surprised if what I’ve laid out earlier actually happens.

Rehkopf and 2nd, 3rd, 4th in ‘28 for Valentini and 10 picks is not market value.
I expect something of significance to go Brampton’s way at some point if Valentini reports.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gondrex and bobber

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
I believe if this were part of the Rehkopf deal, the picks total that would’ve come our way for Rehkopf would’ve been less than 10 picks. So, I’m thinking if Valentini is actually coming, and this is something that’s been in the works for a long time, don’t be surprised if what I’ve laid out earlier actually happens.

Rehkopf and 2nd, 3rd, 4th in ‘28 for Valentini and 10 picks is not market value.
I expect something of significance to go Brampton’s way at some point if Valentini reports.
Amazing call. Kudos ES. I think it was the lack of what Kitchener could offer in which you outline above that just didn't seem to make this deal possible in my mind initially. But I admit that my slow brain did warm up to it after awhile. I am a big fan of fair trades where both sides benefit though. It's good business, and gains trust between parties going forward. So we'll see if anything happens in the future, if this team would be so lucky.

So step 1 in the books, and if any team in the league is able to come up with an attractive alternative to Chicago at this particular time, Kitchener has to be up there with its current situation and vision going forward. However we can come up with a long list of reasons why this is where he should play, but at the end of the day nothing says it'll happen - there's still no guarantee. On the other hand you have no chance at winning the lottery if you don't hold that ticket.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Does anyone know what the song is that the rangers skated out to before the game started last year?

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
Conditions have been revealed.
IMG_7373.jpeg

*Former Ranger Kyle Morey signed with Baie Comeau in the Q

Last edited:

I Mac 80

Jul 23, 2023
I am all for this trade if in fact that’s all that we are giving up. If we can convince him to report that really sets us up for the next couple of years. I like it for a couple of reasons. First he obviously fits right into the age group that we are hoping peaks in the potential Mem cup host year. Secondly, if he and our current 16 and 17 year olds continue to develop at a good clip with the right coaching and guidance then perhaps we don’t need to go big game hunting that year as our roster would look really good and maybe just add a few complimentary players. Which in turn means we don’t have to sell the farm and we can perhaps still be competitive the seasons after. That is kinda what our rivals down the 401 do which helps them be competitive year in and year out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad