Kitchener Rangers 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
MM can't fire him, he will have no one to blame at the end of the year if he takes over and the team still falters.

This is actually a great point.

Look I like Mike going out and hiring a project of a coach in a go for it year only to see no progression and only regression and a at best at this point first round exit is a fire able offence.

Mike shouldn't be too comfy anymore and that is painful to say because I like him. But this is his mess. Probably more than Dennis.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Dennis is obviously not capable of doing the job. That much is painfully obvious. I have to wonder how much of it is cultural at this point though? For years now, they all do and say the same things. Just trot out the same message and plan and watch it fail.

Zero standards, zero accountability, zero adaptation, zero emotion, zero fire and intensity, etc. if ever there was a game to come out like a house on fire, it was this one. But they had more intensity in warmups.

The culture here has made us a laughing stock in the league.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Fri, Jan 13OSH0KIT07:30 PMTicketsKitchener Memorial Auditorium
390Sun, Jan 15KIT0SAG05:30 PMTicketsDow Event Center
393Tue, Jan 17LDN0KIT07:00 PMTicketsKitchener Memorial Auditorium
403Fri, Jan 20OTT0KIT07:30 PMTicketsKitchener Memorial Auditorium
414Sat, Jan 21KIT0SAR07:05 PMTicketsProgressive Auto Sales Arena
417Sun, Jan 22KIT0LDN02:00 PMTicketsBudweiser Gardens
428Fri, Jan 27BAR0KIT07:30 PMTicketsKitchener Memorial Auditorium
433Sat, Jan 28KIT0ER07:00 PMTicketsErie Insurance Arena
447Tue, Jan 31SAR0KIT07:00 PMTicketsKitchener Memorial Auditorium
457Fri, Feb 3GUE0KIT07:30 PMTicketsThis is totally up to MM and his coaches now to turn this into a season. Dennis is the one with the "big resume" that MM bought into. Lets see if he is for real. Calling Cinderella. Worse to first starting tomorrow.
If I get my Christmas wish you can interview Ted Dent for the HC or GM position on Monday evening. Good luck!
Oshawa needed a coach and actually hired one with success at this level.

Kitchener, not so much.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
"Our defensive coverage was actually really good. Only 20 shots on net for them" Big yikes. We're doomed.

Yeah that wasn't good defensive coverage. Your defence still put in 5, FFS Dennis is dense.

Oshawa had 20 shots because they don't have the offense to compete in these games which means the Rangers played down and weren't prepared for a goalie with a 836 SAVE PERCENTAGE lol.

Fire his ass Mike. Goodness.

Reactions: rangersblues

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Teams must love playing Kitchener. They have no structure to their play and they are so soft. There are no players who play tough and have heart. Well Zidlicky did but they traded him for a few middle draft picks. Andonovski plays with some fire now but he may be the only one. Valade does too but isn’t physical or a fighter.

They need a new scouting staff who look for some kids who have fire to their game.

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
Teams must love playing Kitchener. They have no structure to their play and they are so soft. There are no players who play tough and have heart. Well Zidlicky did but they traded him for a few middle draft picks. Andonovski plays with some fire now but he may be the only one. Valade does too but isn’t physical or a fighter.

They need a new scouting staff who look for some kids who have fire to their game.

When a former player and local kid goes on tv and basically says this team plays with no structure, its a bad look for the team.

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
A large portion of the problem is the structure of the team corporately. If you don't have a passionate owner with their own nickels on the line AND some hockey knowledge I think it's very hard to do the right things consistently. Complacency becomes the norm, promotion from within, "don't rock the boat" mindsets. All the financial wherewithal exists for Kitchener to be a "London"; except our ship is rudderless.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Just google Derek Laxdal. Oshawa looks at resumes and experience when hiring a coach. Look at his hockey career. Look at coaching. He didn't magically appear with a cape on holding a video camera. He wasn't hired because his father was a celebrity and sold Bobby Margaritas . Wonder if the powers that be will call in all the "directors" today. They will have an "on ice" discussion and most will have on rubber boots because they don't have the ability to lace on a pair of skates because they never played the game. Great job if you can get in. Get to smooze NHL scouts and coaches in the media room. Free coffee, fancy little funeral sandwiches and donuts all paid for by STH. They are running an OHL franchise. My son text me last night and said the Rangers look like the team the Harlem Globetrotters play against in every city. Sad situation. Eight 16 and 17 year old players and a goalie with one win. No drafted players. Yet Oshawa comes in and runs over an experienced older team.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Just google Derek Laxdal. Oshawa looks at resumes and experience when hiring a coach. Look at his hockey career. Look at coaching. He didn't magically appear with a cape on holding a video camera. He wasn't hired because his father was a celebrity and sold Bobby Margaritas . Wonder if the powers that be will call in all the "directors" today. They will have an "on ice" discussion and most will have on rubber boots because they don't have the ability to lace on a pair of skates because they never played the game. Great job if you can get in. Get to smooze NHL scouts and coaches in the media room. Free coffee, fancy little funeral sandwiches and donuts all paid for by STH. They are running an OHL franchise. My son text me last night and said the Rangers look like the team the Harlem Globetrotters play against in every city. Sad situation. Eight 16 and 17 year old players and a goalie with one win. No drafted players. Yet Oshawa comes in and runs over an experienced older team.
That was my point above on coach hires. Oshawa hired a guy with a resume. That resume cost Oshawa $$$.

In Kitchener, we don’t hire the best available. We hire the guy with the best resume who’ll do the job at a certain salary.

This is one of the richest organizations in the CHL. They should be sparing no expense.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Dennis is obviously not capable of doing the job. That much is painfully obvious. I have to wonder how much of it is cultural at this point though? For years now, they all do and say the same things. Just trot out the same message and plan and watch it fail.

Zero standards, zero accountability, zero adaptation, zero emotion, zero fire and intensity, etc. if ever there was a game to come out like a house on fire, it was this one. But they had more intensity in warmups.

The culture here has made us a laughing stock in the league.
Rangers scouts are the Stepford Wives of the OHL. Cookie cutter mentality. They want players with no "character" here. God help one of them if they ever embarrassed the franchise by staying out passed curfew and the press finds out. I feel sorry for the players they brought in from other teams. Word gets around in hockey circles fast. Now you get to watch this travesty on National TV.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
That was my point above on coach hires. Oshawa hired a guy with a resume. That resume cost Oshawa $$$.

In Kitchener, we don’t hire the best available. We hire the guy with the best resume who’ll do the job at a certain salary.

This is one of the richest organizations in the CHL. They should be sparing no expense.
Before the game the TV guys are going on about the huge crowds at the Aud. Most CHL franchises would love to have this every Friday night. The issue here is as long as it continues nothing has to change. 7 thousand butts in the seats at the Aud can't be wrong.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Looks like Pope got his hands slapped by the Rangers for his post game comments . Tow the company line Chris.

This tells me Dennis isn't going anywhere,😥
During the pre-game, Pope called the Ranger’s top nine the best top nine in the league. He’d put this team up against any team in the league.

They look high end on paper. But there are holes. No sandpaper. No grit. No physicality. And last night, the “gang that couldn’t shoot straight” could have won the game if not for multiple posts and multiple flubbs in front of the net. Oshawa’s goalie played good, but he had horseshoes going too.

Moore’s post game quotes do make some sense. The team needs time to form chemistry. Very true. But we’ll still have those holes.

Regarding the PP, when you have a couple of the best offensive D in the league on your roster, you don’t sit them for PP1 and go with five forwards. Are we trying to make sure nobody is rubbed the wrong way not getting PP1 time?

You go Moore on PP1 and Brzustewicz on PP2.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Before the game the TV guys are going on about the huge crowds at the Aud. Most CHL franchises would love to have this every Friday night. The issue here is as long as it continues nothing has to change. 7 thousand butts in the seats at the Aud can't be wrong.
Yeah, they called it the mini Maple Leaf Gardens. Just like the Leafs in the Ballard era, we get big crowds here no matter the product on the ice.

And it’ll never change.

Mar 12, 2009
I want Fishman, Serpa, Zidlicky, and all the picks back.
😡

You may get your wish.
I don't care about Fishman or Serpa. Serpa's just an average at best OA, Fishman is fast but weak and easily pushed around. Zidlicky would be nice for next year.

Maybe MM has a place to fail upwards next year like a lot of our dog shit management/coaching staff....because the leash he's given to Dennis is absolutely ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad