Kitchener Rangers 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2009
Just google Derek Laxdal. Oshawa looks at resumes and experience when hiring a coach. Look at his hockey career. Look at coaching. He didn't magically appear with a cape on holding a video camera. He wasn't hired because his father was a celebrity and sold Bobby Margaritas .
My favourite thing about Mr Margarita's is he has such a huge ego that he genuinely believes he would have been a "SWAT team member" if being a Hockey Writer hadn't worked out.

Anyway I think it's about time we switch the shorthand from MM to BMB (Bob McKenzie's Boy).

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I don't care about Fishman or Serpa. Serpa's just an average at best OA, Fishman is fast but weak and easily pushed around. Zidlicky would be nice for next year.

Maybe MM has a place to fail upwards next year like a lot of our dog shit management/coaching staff....because the leash he's given to Dennis is absolutely ridiculous.
I was just saying that I wanted all the trades reversed. This team’s future would have been better off.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Yeah, they called it the mini Maple Leaf Gardens. Just like the Leafs in the Ballard era, we get big crowds here no matter the product on the ice.

And it’ll never change.
They should cut a hole in the wall like Harold Ballard had at Maple Leaf Gardens. Place was packed to the rafters. Basically because it was a novelty to go to a game in Toronto. Ballard was in the hole and being interviewed. Asked what he thought of fans with paper bags on their heads. He said by the look of their faces they should be wearing bags. Ballard said if they pay for a ticket they can wear whatever. Are the Rangers becoming a novelty? We had a few "director seats" around our seats. The directors give these away each game to different people. Most never watch the game. Just have a drink , eat snacks and shoot the breeze and never look up unless someone starts "the wave".

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
I’m nauseated that Pope would suggest fans are just ranting without evidence that Dennis is a bad coach. He is watching this and can’t see the obvious stuff that points to coaching? Here Chris:

- players constantly grouped on one area of the ice
- constant solo dashes, trying to beat multiple defenders with no puck support
- forcing the puck up the strong side with zero reads of the coverage
- a team that comes out flat and with zero jump for every single period of every game
- a reactive, stick check based defence that repeatedly allows toe drags and cuts to beat them
- defenders standing beside their checks several times a game watching them get multiple rebounds and easy, unchallenged goals
- about six thousand careless passes into coverage (often on the opponent’s tape) per game

I could go on, but the broadcasters have a job because of the fans. They need to stop insulting our intelligence by calling us out for having opinions that are quite clearly sound.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
My favourite thing about Mr Margarita's is he has such a huge ego that he genuinely believes he would have been a "SWAT team member" if being a Hockey Writer hadn't worked out.

Anyway I think it's about time we switch the shorthand from MM to BMB (Bob McKenzie's Boy).
I think it's time to call the Coroner and send him to the Aud. Brown said yesterday that there was something exciting in the air at the Aud and the crowd hadn't come in yet. Not sure what he smelled at that time but it sure as hell stunk after he left.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
I’m shocked it hasn’t been announced yet this morning that CD is fired. Anyone know how long MM had on his contract? It’s time to bring in a GM and coach with some experience and are all in for turning this franchise around. If the GM has no balls to fire the coach then he needs to go no matter how good he has assembled this team on paper. It’s his coach hire.

Reactions: All the Answers

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I’m nauseated that Pope would suggest fans are just ranting without evidence that Dennis is a bad coach. He is watching this and can’t see the obvious stuff that points to coaching? Here Chris:

- players constantly grouped on one area of the ice
- constant solo dashes, trying to beat multiple defenders with no puck support
- forcing the puck up the strong side with zero reads of the coverage
- a team that comes out flat and with zero jump for every single period of every game
- a reactive, stick check based defence that repeatedly allows toe drags and cuts to beat them
- defenders standing beside their checks several times a game watching them get multiple rebounds and easy, unchallenged goals
- about six thousand careless passes into coverage (often on the opponent’s tape) per game

I could go on, but the broadcasters have a job because of the fans. They need to stop insulting our intelligence by calling us out for having opinions that are quite clearly sound.
When I google the Oshawa coach the man has a hockey career as long as your arm and a coaching career to boot. Google Dennis. Coaching with a "video degree' yes. Hockey player? Can't find anything. Some are going to say that there are lots of great coaches that never played the game. Is Dennis one of these? I do admit Dennis could be great at "volunteering" for Rogers somewhere and do local tv games. Mark Methot said he was Dennis Wideman's defense partner. He was a commentator last night on the tube. He must of been in shock looking at the Ranger soft Ranger pylon defense. He did comment on how the team has no net front presence and how when the PP is failing to connect Dennis never changes it up.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I’m shocked it hasn’t been announced yet this morning that CD is fired. Anyone know how long MM had on his contract? It’s time to bring in a GM and coach with some experience and are all in for turning this franchise around. If the GM has no balls to fire the coach then he needs to go no matter how good he has assembled this team on paper. It’s his coach hire.
One of the issues in KTown is they don't build teams through drafting. They wait until they have enough bread in the cupboard and try to buy a winner. Just a token once in a while to keep the bums in the seats. Look at Ottawa. They have skill and character all through their line up. Never gave up a player and brought in the 2nd and 3rd highest point players in trades. Murry Hiebert is still the Senior Advisor/Scout. Tells you things will never change.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
This is actually a great point.

Look I like Mike going out and hiring a project of a coach in a go for it year only to see no progression and only regression and a at best at this point first round exit is a fire able offence.

Mike shouldn't be too comfy anymore and that is painful to say because I like him. But this is his mess. Probably more than Dennis.
What does it say for the Ranger assistant coaches if they can't take over the reins? I haven't seen real structure on this team since Deboer and Spott were here. When a traded player(Serpa) says they have no structure it comes right from the horses mouth.

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
....... Look at Ottawa. They have skill and character all through their line up. Never gave up a player and brought in the 2nd and 3rd highest point players in trades.........

Ottawa is a good example of outstanding drafting / management, IMO. I look at their line-up and they have (3) 06's and (7) 05's that they currently have listed on their roster. Maybe "OMG" or "Beast" can confirm how many of them are in the line-up on any given night, but I am guessing the it is more than the three Ranger 05's that we had listed last night....and I don't really recall Mercer being on the ice - was he?

I know a lot can happen over the next few years to address this, but from a Captain Obvious point-of-view, we will be starting from a huge hole - i.e. older line-up (and seemingly beaten by many younger teams recently), limited development of our future. It concerns me.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Reminds me of Steve B. and his condescending “fans were entertained” and “that’s why they’re just fans” quotes.
Ottawa is a good example of outstanding drafting / management, IMO. I look at their line-up and they have (3) 06's and (7) 05's that they currently have listed on their roster. Maybe "OMG" or "Beast" can confirm how many of them are in the line-up on any given night, but I am guessing the it is more than the three Ranger 05's that we had listed last night....and I don't really recall Mercer being on the ice - was he?

I know a lot can happen over the next few years to address this, but from a Captain Obvious point-of-view, we will be starting from a huge hole - i.e. older line-up (and seemingly beaten by many younger teams recently), limited development of our future. It concerns me.
And Ottawa has their ‘23 draft intact. A very early 2nd (Nia) and two 3rds to keep the ball rolling.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010

Rangers are basically an expansion team starting from scratch after this season.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
That’s because once the big bucks started rolling in after the Deboer era, PR became all they cared about. On ice quality was a distant concern.
Dennis last night : “Our top guys needed to be better. They will be better, I know they will be. These are young men seeing a season go the way they don’t want it to go. Again, it’s patience and understanding of what is going on.”
Guess we better simmer down and wait patiently for the play offs. Then we will show them "what for". :rolleyes:

Reactions: Tim Wallach

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Logic would dictate to let Dennis go to Saginaw for the weekend and then assess things Monday morning. A loss in Saginaw should be the end of Dennis. However, there is no logic to this team, in general.

Reactions: TheBlueMonster

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Reminds me of Steve B. and his condescending “fans were entertained” and “that’s why they’re just fans” quotes.

And Ottawa has their ‘23 draft intact. A very early 2nd (Nia) and two 3rds to keep the ball rolling.
Yes but us fans are "number one". The banner hanging in front of all the player banners says so! Yeah! Doesn't it make a person feel proud to be noticed and appreciated. Takes the sting out of the thousands of dollars you pay to be entertained. This and only ten bucks for a beer.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Dennis last night : “Our top guys needed to be better. They will be better, I know they will be. These are young men seeing a season go the way they don’t want it to go. Again, it’s patience and understanding of what is going on.”
Guess we better simmer down and wait patiently for the play offs. Then we will show them "what for". :rolleyes:
Is it just me or did Dennis sound like a panicky high school kid after the game last night?

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Rangers have Brzustewicz , Rehkopf, ranked for the NHL draft. Michell Martin is listed as limited viewing. Zidlicky is listed but gone. Parsons was even on one list. These are some of the "recoups" the Rangers have going forward to fill the coffers. These guys are suppose to be the future of the team going forward.

Billyjack

Aug 25, 2018
Kitchener -Waterloo
Pop and Farwell have to tow the company line!!! I still think the Rangers won't make playoffs but the 2 guys in the rose coloured glasses are positive they are. MM better do something fast before this season is lost along with all the fans.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Pop and Farwell have to tow the company line!!! I still think the Rangers won't make playoffs but the 2 guys in the rose coloured glasses are positive they are. MM better do something fast before this season is lost along with all the fans.
Pope and Farewell are just another brick in the wall. Don't know anymore than anyone else. Just have to walk on egg shells. Jeff Hicks ended up doing a garden column for talking out of school. Not sure where he is now. Salt mine in Siberia?
Maybe the directors had him banished?

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Pope and Farewell are just another brick in the wall. Don't know anymore than anyone else. Just have to walk on egg shells. Jeff Hicks ended up doing a garden column for talking out of school. Not sure where he is now. Salt mine in Siberia?
Maybe the directors had him banished?
To me Jeff Hicks was unreadable with all his alliterations and cartoonish comparisons. He also went looking for things that didn't exist ie. dumping on DeBoer on a regular basis. Don't miss him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad