Kitchener Rangers 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
1674742716689.png

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Not a really big fan of these “nothing” games. Not nothing for the players of course, but selfishly, IMO, Rangers come first. My sole reasoning for paying attention is hoping no Ranger gets injured period.
On the opposing side, perhaps this game will bring more attention to Rake and up his value when it comes to trading him next year. (My being selfish as well. LOL!)

Reactions: EvenSteven

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
Just a question. Would you trade an 05 next year? I suppose guys like Rehkopf, Ritchie and Barlow are some upper-end talents that could make it to the next level as 19 year-olds. Not really challenging the suggestion here since I am unsure myself.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Just a question. Would you trade an 05 next year? I suppose guys like Rehkopf, Ritchie and Barlow are some upper-end talents that could make it to the next level as 19 year-olds. Not really challenging the suggestion here since I am unsure myself.
I’m not a big fan of trading a player before his last season of eligibility. But, considering we won’t contend for a couple years, we’d get more for 1.5 years of his service than 0.5 years of his service.

So, with that in mind, we wait and see who is hosting next year, and target that team for a trade as it would be much easier to get him to waive his no trade clause to a team he knows will be playing in May.

But if course, he’d be dealt to the highest bidder.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
100% if I’m GM I move him next season. The return will be for sure more getting a player with over a year left and this team will needs to recover every pick possible over the next 2 years. And you eliminate the small chance that Rehkopf makes the NHL at 19 or even the bigger risk he gets an serious injury during next off season or the start of his 19 year old season making him unmovable and that would really hurt the Rangers for years to come.

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
100% if I’m GM I move him next season. The return will be for sure more getting a player with over a year left and this team will needs to recover every pick possible over the next 2 years. And you eliminate the small chance that Rehkopf makes the NHL at 19 or even the bigger risk he gets an serious injury during next off season or the start of his 19 year old season making him unmovable and that would really hurt the Rangers for years to come.

......and I suppose in the process you would free up a space for a younger player to receive more ice time and (hopefully) develop.

Mar 12, 2009
And was top player of the game (White)!! Rehkopf raised his value in the rankings last night. Burz was a +1

Top Prospects game doesn't tend to increase a players stock all that much. It's a place for scouts to see all the guys at once, and see if someone under scouted by the organization stands out enough to require further viewings. Maybe it'll have scouts looking a bit more at the Ragners systems when they come to the Aud and evaluate whether or not that's holding some of his skills back.

If you get an offer that blows you away, I think you have to if it includes a top notch 1st rounder from this Spring's draft, and picks.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
......and I suppose in the process you would free up a space for a younger player to receive more ice time and (hopefully) develop.

Also getting Rehkopf off the team will add some loses which then gets a better pick for 2024 draft. Let’s be honest…this team is going to have a tough time making the playoffs next year. Let the kids play and basically tank….for 2 years.

Reactions: All the Answers

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
Alright so we're heading into Friday (Its late Thursday) and I am a little curious and excited to see which team we're going to get.

I think its safe to say that there is a bit of optimism on these boards right now but we're all proceeding with caution.

We've got Barrie on tap Friday
Erie on tap for Saturday.

Sarnia on tap Tuesday.

And then arguably the most telling weekend of the year. Probably the biggest weekend of the season and it isnt close.

Guelph Friday
Niagara Saturday
Guelph Sunday.

Focusing on this weekend.

In order for next weekend to fall into place, this team needs to take both. Gotta beat Barrie, gotta beat Erie.

Guelph and the Soo have each played 43 games. Soo has a 2 point lead, Guelph with a 5 point lead.

Winning these two games doesn't close the gap but playing a team twice in a weekend next week that we're currently fighting for a playoff spot with and the Ice Dogs who are trash, the Rangers need to be awake, and ready to play and take 4 points this weekend.

6 games between now and next Sunday. Need to go 4-2, maybe even 5-1 to make this worth it.

blkhawk

Nov 6, 2017
Refs have always sucked in the league
One of the reasons i quit spending my money on an inferior product
Much happier to just turn the game off when annoyed

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
The Sop - Pinelli - Mesar line really played well today. When they got Hunter and Moore as the D pair it seemed like they were on the powerplay most shifts. Good effort overall.

OhSheilaa

Sep 18, 2022
I'm loving Andonovski. He protects the front of the net well. He's a little mean and doesn't take any crap. Can back up what he gives too.

The D played well tonight.

Barrie are a very good team, this win against them was earned.

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
First 10mins was the only blunder on this game. Besides the PK they pretty much had the puck the rest of the game. Cudos to Barrie for blocking what seemed to be 100 shots. Rangers were buzzing in the zone which is great to see. Entertaining Friday night.

Switching to game day arena annoyances. The seizure inducing red and blue lights is god awful. Just stop. Also, I miss Pete in the Dj booth. I can't remember so many mis cues on the national anthem and goal horn. Even a couple warm ups this year started with no music. Everything has felt very unprofessional lately. Not to mention the on ice projectors that seems to be totally ignored the past two seasons. I can imagine covid ate into some hiring spend, but there seems to more be misteps. Even the ceremonial puck drop last night had nobody there to take a photo lol.

Last edited:

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
THIS is the team I've been waiting (and waiting) to see. There were a few bursts from Barrie but on the whole, Rangers dominated this game. Oh sure, there were some miscues and flubs but when the Rangers were flying, they were very good and dangerous. Beautiful goals by Mesar and Zhilkin.

And Adonoski has grit...just has to pick his moments. Should have stayed out of the Schmidt mugging. It always amazes me how 2 players can gang up on one but only one of the two are penalized. But it was Birchall....nuff said. Overall, a solid game and yes, entertaining.

As per Josh Brown, Hunter told Williams that the team (Rangers) will get is not the team that their record shows. Rangers proved that last night. Now to keep proving it...

First 10mins was the only blunder on this game. Besides the PK they pretty much had the puck the rest of the game. Cudos to Barrie for blocking what seemed to be 100 shots. Rangers were buzzing in the zone which is great to see. Entertaining Friday night.

Switching to game day arena annoyances. The seizure inducing red and blue lights is god awful. Just stop. Also, I miss Pete in the Dj booth. I can't remember so many mis cues on the national anthem and goal horn. Even a couple warm ups this year started with no music. Everything has felt very unprofessional lately. Not to mention the on ice projectors that seems to be totally ignored the past two seasons. I can imagine covid ate into some hiring spend, but there seems to more be misteps. Even the ceremonial puck drop last night had nobody there to take a photo lol.
The DJ and vid crew this season are a disaster. Agreed.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Rangers seem to be getting back the confidence they lacked in the first half of the season. They don't go into a funk when the other team scores like they were. Games are far more enjoyable to watch now. Big win last night. Savard is a gritty player I thought would look decent in a Ranger uni. Now I see why some say he is a detriment to any team. An undisciplined player that takes dumbass penalties. Not worth what Barrie gave up for him. Mesar and Danny Zhilkin score highlite reel goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad