Kitchener Rangers 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Not sure why but Rangers always seem to struggle getting wins in Erie. Watching replays goaltending was sub par in this game for the Rangers.

Last edited:

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
Can't be losing games against the Eries of the League. Those are the games where you make up points. Can't toss them away.

Anyways,

Sarnia tuesday and Niagara and Guelph X2 next weekend. 6/8 points is a success. Anything less, is unacceptable.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Watching replays goaltending was sub par in this game for the Rangers.
That 4th goal by Erie has got to be the worst thing that Vandenberg's has ever done in a Ranger uniform. But we'll give it to him as he has been a pleasant surprise for most of his time here.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
That 4th goal by Erie has got to be the worst thing that Vandenberg's has ever done in a Ranger uniform. But we'll give it to him as he has been a pleasant surprise for most of his time here.
Bad giveaway by Vandenberg. But also lazy play by the defense. One going for a line change and the other not coming back to give Vandenberg a decent outlet for a clearing pass.

The result of a game they should have handily won leaves a lot of concern about the work ethic of this team.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Geo you're correct. The kid has performed exceptionally well as a back up. He is actually the third string goalie. Some defensive miscues also added to the loss. When you look at the big picture this Ranger team has one hell of a challenge if they ever hope to climb up the standings. They have to hope teams above them falter. Their games in hand are disappearing.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBlueMonster

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
So what team will we get tonight? It should be a bounce back game. They had a great start in Erie and then saw three goals against. Never should have happened. When I saw that they came back with two of their own, I thought...ok...they're not giving up. But they did. And lost the game.

The players say they are committed to climbing up the standings. Seeing is believing...

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

I like the charity and I get it. They are trying to raise money. But those sweaters are a fail for me.

But then, I’ve been on record here as being a traditionalist. I don’t like any third jerseys. It’s an eye roller for me when they wear anything other than the standard home and away.

If they must have a third, continue the tradition of mirroring the New York Rangers and go with their Lady Liberty thirds with the silver trim. Just swap out Lady Liberty for the Ranger shield.

So what team will we get tonight? It should be a bounce back game. They had a great start in Erie and then saw three goals against. Never should have happened. When I saw that they came back with two of their own, I thought...ok...they're not giving up. But they did. And lost the game.

The players say they are committed to climbing up the standings. Seeing is believing...
I’m thinking we see a win. Coming off a loss in what should have been guaranteed win night and also losing to Sarnia the last time we saw them.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010

I like the charity and I get it. They are trying to raise money. But those sweaters are a fail for me.

But then, I’ve been on record here as being a traditionalist. I don’t like any third jerseys. It’s an eye roller for me when they wear anything other than the standard home and away.

If they must have a third, continue the tradition of mirroring the New York Rangers and go with their Lady Liberty thirds with the silver trim. Just swap out Lady Liberty for the Ranger shield.

I’m thinking we see a win. Coming off a loss in what should have been guaranteed win night and also losing to Sarnia the last time we saw them.
Just not a fan of that shade of blue for sports jerseys.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I would still like to see what an "away" version of our red third jersey, just too see if it could ever be our actual jerseys.
Yes. The red third we use now. For a team (NYR and Kitchener Rangers), who’s primary nickname is The Blueshirts, we wear a red third.

Makes no sense to me. Buts that’s just me.

Reactions: Ward Cornell

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener

Well, if the jersey pictured is the winner, you can count me out. I don't find it very creative at all. Sorry "William". I'll make my PC Children Charity donation elsewhere. I'm with you with the win tonight......same reasoning.

Yes. The red third we use now. For a team (NYR and Kitchener Rangers), who’s primary nickname is The Blueshirts, we wear a red third.

Makes no sense to me. Buts that’s just me.
Maybe our 3rd sweater should be green and maybe, ahem, some of it will rub off on us.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Like I said about 3 weeks ago, having this team miss the playoffs is just what this organization needs for longterm health. I suspect Dennis will be canned shortly after the scouting season is done for MM to take over this season and next. Then at that point the Rangers will abandon their shortsighted Mickey Mouse approach to coaching. Then perhaps ths organization will become what they tell us they are ad nauseum

Last edited:

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
Like I said about 3 weeks, having this team miss the playoffs is just what this organization needs for longterm health. I suspect Dennis will be canned shortly after the scouting season is done for MM to take over this season and next. Then at that point the Rangers will abandon their shortsighted Mickey Mouse approach to coaching. Then perhaps ths organization will become what they tell us they are ad nauseum
I'm not holding my breathe. I'm not even convinced Dennis will be gone next year.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
During the radio pregame, Pope said, in talking about the Hamilton situation, any team in the league would be happy to have Andlauer as an owner. “Oh,” he said, “but not the Rangers because we’re community owned”.

I beg to differ. The Rangers would be so far ahead if we had an owner like Andlauer. Being community owned is a major drag on this franchise.

Had we an owner like Andlauer, perhaps hockey ops wouldn’t be as lax as it has been the last 15 or so years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad